It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A late intoduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Greetings everyone,

Signed up about a month ago, but then was offline for a while.

ATS seems to have a pretty well rounded user base and I like that all of the conversations don't get to be one sided like on so many other boards.

Well a little about me; I am a Canadian living in Slovakia teaching English to the natives. It's a very nice country and the people here are quite friendly although a little shy and introverted, I guess leftovers of being told what to do for 50 years, more overtly than the rest of us.

The beer is cheap here, about a dollar Canadian at the pub and the women are quite stunning, if you're looking for a cheap vacation then this is the place for you.

I am interested in politics, although I would never affiliate myself with any party and the same goes for religion. Things that strike be as strange really get my attention and delving into a problem one of my favourite pastimes. I like to read, read, read, and haven�t owned a TV for a couple of years now, which seems to get peoples attention when I tell them. �What do you do?�, is the typical response, poor herdlings.

I look forward to some rousing discussions as things seem to be heating up here on old Terra.

I take my moniker from the series by Piers Anthony, The Incarnations of Nature. I Identify with the Thanatos character in those books, worth a read if you haven't already read them.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Welcome Thanatos but i am sure you have done an intro b4 or was i dreaming

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ah, I thought you meant the comic book baddie, Thanatos. Oh, well... It sounds like you are getting around the world. I envy your travels. Good luck with your teaching, and enjoy the discussions here.

Cheers!

edit: can't spell, ugh

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Greetings Thanatos.

I really have to read more of Piers Anthony's work. I read 'On a Pale Horse' a few months ago and it was excellent. I could relate to 'Death' and found him to be a pretty decent character. Not that I want to meet him in the near future of course

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes, that was the book, I liked the way he became death and his rejection of the 'rules' of death... the mixing of magic and technology was in interesting relaity. The rest of the series is interestion aswell, espically the one about the incartation of time, Chronos, as he travels through time backwards, with the first time any characher meets him ie Death, it is the last time they will meet for Chronos. Makes for some interstion reading.

I did a double check and I did't post a previous intro, maybe I have a doppleganger out there

Thanks for the welcomes.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Greetings Thanatos, Welcome

new topics

top topics

join