It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly-minted Sen. Scott Brown refuses Palin, Tea Party invite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

The honeymoon, it seems, is over.

Sen. Scott Brown, whose unexpected victory saw the end of a legacy of liberalism in Massachusetts, is now refusing an invitation from the Tea Party movement -- and Sarah Palin, the very figures who helped Brown score his Senate seat.

Tea Partiers are gathering for a massive rally on Boston Common where Palin is scheduled to speak Wednesday.

Some experts, not surprisingly, are saying Brown has tossed the Tea Party overboard.

Larry Sabato, a University of Virginia political scientist, told the Boston Herald, which broke the story.

I was unaware that exgov. Palin was the leader of the TPM.
If she in fact is....

I predict that she will bail on the TPM just like she did on the citizens of Alaska;
to align herself with the GOP if infact she is invited too. But does the GOP see Sarah as a Liability? Perhaps if the last run at the VP position is any indication.

I love American politics; it's like a cage fight, except wearing CK and polo.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8cf24ac385c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It should be noted that Sen Brown office said: Brown spokesman Felix Browne said the senator applauds the “energy and enthusiasm” Palin and the Tea Party bring to GOP politics.

The Senate is in session and Brown can’t get away. “He’ll be doing the job he was elected to do - serving the people of the commonwealth of Massachusetts,” Browne said.

I wouldn't make too much from it. All is good there. They just trying to keep Palin and Brown apart because with the two as a team... WATCH OUT

and SaturnFX-Too Funny man.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Scott Brown is a smart man for keeping his distance from this one.

The Tea Party Movement is going to fall apart any day now. With Sarah at the helm what other options do they have?

They could have at least got somebody competent. She had a hard time running the state of Alaska, what will she do with a National Grass Roots Movement.

Or, perhaps it's just cause they keep paying her to speak. Discovery probably hasn't started paying her for her "reality" series yet.

What a sad day for the Tea Party Movement. It had such potential.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I was unaware that exgov. Palin was the leader of the TPM.

She's actually the VP of the Tea Party movement. Dick Armey calls all the shots.
Which is a good thing as he lobbies for terrorists in Iran and corporations.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Scott Brown is a smart man for keeping his distance from this one.

I agree. If he wants to keep his seat in the Senate...he has to stay away. Regardless if he wont election on the Republican ticket or not...he still is presiding in the most liberal state in the country and that isn't going to change.

I'd stay away regardless though......

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good for Scott Brown! He and any Senator or potential candidate for president in 2012 on the Republican side would do well to steer clear of the Tea Party movement. At this point it would only taint their image.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Good for Scott Brown! He and any Senator or potential candidate for president in 2012 on the Republican side would do well to steer clear of the Tea Party movement. At this point it would only taint their image.

Taint the image of the GOP?

www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm glad to see some of the Republicans moving toward the center. For awhile it looked like a race as to who could get furthest out on the fringe. Witness the new governor of Virginia and his attorney general.

The right's dash to the reactionary edge could be good for Democrats in November; a move toward the center would probably be good for the GOP.

As has been said already in this thread, Brown is representing a liberal state and moving too far toward the Tea Party would probably be too extreme for a majority of the voters.

It seems that no matter where on the political spectrum a candidate begins his or her campaign, they all end up in the "center" in the end. It's the only way to last in American politics.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by sos37

Taint the image of the GOP?

www.alternet.org...

Uh huh. And you know darn well that Democrats don't come anywhere near to being innocent or clean when it comes to sex scandals or greed. You can start with John Edwards and work your way down the list to Elliott Spitzer.

top topics

join