It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orrin Hatch Names Hillary Clinton as Possible Supreme Court Nominee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, one of the top Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Monday morning that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been mentioned as a possible nominee to the Supreme Court. "I even heard the name Hillary Clinton today, and that would be an interesting person in the mix," Hatch said on NBC's "Today Show."

"If the president picks somebody who is clearly qualified, there is no question we can get that person through in a relatively short period of time," he said. "On the other hand, if he picks an activist judge... we ought to do everything in our power to defeat that person."

Article here:www.cbsnews.com...

Hmmmm...even a top Republican didn't sound opposed to the potential for her nomination. I'm not necessarily weighing in on her either way, I just find it really interesting that Orrin Hatch wouldn't disagree with her appointment.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It would never happen in a million years.

Sorry, Hillary wouldn't be a good SCOTUS justice at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well why the hell not? She's on board with Nobama's agenda, and she's as power-hungry as anybody else in DC. And it would make Bill Clinton look even more antiquated. Can we say slam-dunk?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Very strongly agree based on her briefs that she prepared for the Nixon Impeachment Proceedings would be far more than enough to keep her out of the Supreme Court.

The public may have forgotten her actions but the Justices and Congress surely have not.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Truly a scary thought for sure, hopefully this is nothing more than a thought and not something anybody is going to push for with any kind of seriousness. Fortunately come November the changes to congress will make it very hard for her to get a rubber-stamp like every other hair-brained scheme has gotten so far.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It would never happen in a million years.

Sorry, Hillary wouldn't be a good SCOTUS justice at all.

You are probably right wuk. She is positioning herself for another run at the WH anyway.

The NWO conspirator in me see's a scenario like this....

The GOP will fragment into sections; namecalling and bickering and be unable to mount an effective campaign other than Obama sniveling.

Just before the elections in 2012 she will broker a peace deal between the Jews and Palestinians, be in the media spotlight and run and win the election.

I'm layin 3 to 5...anyone want a piece of this action?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

You are probably right wuk. She is positioning herself for another run at the WH anyway.

The NWO conspirator in me see's a scenario like this....

Just before the elections in 2012 she will broker a peace deal between the Jews and Palestinians, be in the media spotlight and run and win the election.

I'm layin 3 to 5...anyone want a piece of this action?

If both sides "put" her there though, she will be completely out of the political picture. She can't oppose Obama in 2012, or anyone in 2016.

The court could be a way for Democrats and Republicans alike to just "make her go away." While at the same time, giving her a top position for the rest of her life until she retires or dies.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hillary is not qualified in any way.
she has no time as a judge, appeals court judge. or any higher court experience.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Being qualified for anything has never seemed to matter in the past for anything in politics.....

Again, I'm not supporting this or saying I'm against it. I just wanted to bring this up with this post that she is even being considered.

new topics

top topics

join