It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a Nuclear attack on America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would expect it to happen in L.A., because it's going to be destroyed by a massive earthquake pretty soon anyway. By the way, does anybody at this point REALLY still think that a bunch of ignorant religious school graduates with a week of piper cub training and box cutters did 9/11?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Or how about, just for shrift and giggles, we look at another possibility. We're actively trying to reign-in the proliferation of nuclear materials and weapons specifically so 'rogue entities' don't get their hands on them. We are justifiably less concerned about our own matrerials than we are those of other countries. So we are engaged in diplomacy to negotiate agreements whereby countries that abide by the non-proliferation guidelines are treated favorably and those that do not are not. This notion that the talk of al queda getting a nuke is recent doesn't hold water. That discussion has been ongoing for a very long time. You don't remember the cities list? The Osama got permission from the top dogs? Warnings given to all us heretics? This is all news to you people?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Or come up the intracostal waterway from florida, left turn at the chesapeake, then left turn onto the potomac, take a right at the anacostia, and then a left to the dock and tie up at Buzzard Point "Marina"... a couple of hundred yards due south from the US capitol.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
If something is to happen the "Sodom and Gomorrah" principle kicks in
People will be impressed to get out of town, stay home, etc. If too many
good people stay it won't happen. Kind of rules out Washington, doesn't it!_javascript:icon('
')

Based on that, I have a guess as to place and date... Should I say,
or let people's impressions protect them?

OK, Okl...but I won't give sources...

Atlanta end of June...

I hope not. My wife has family in Atlanta... My question is this though. If terrorists or anyone for that matter want to make a point to the U.S., why is the Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, the white house and the like still standing? We can cripple our own economy, but why not knock out our pride and ego as well? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If the US was hit with a rogue nuke it would be some place like the refinery belt Beaumont, Galveston, Houston.

Just lighting these side by side oil refineries and chemical plants off with a nuke on a old fishing boat that has come in from mexico (with help from the drug cartels)would cause a firestorm a lot bigger then a nuke itself.

Look what Katrina did to the oil refineries and think how bad it would be if they were closed for a year or more just so the radiation could drop to safe levels.
and how many people would be affected by the mix of toxic oil smoke and radiation just trying to put the fires out.

Then add the death toll from the people killed fleeing the area and being trapped on the highways or killed in mass car wreaks as idiots try to flee at high speed.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This nuke scenario is a scary thought. What do you think the chances would be of World War III? It sounds to me like the whole world is waiting for an excuse, be it fabricated or true, to blow something up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
Or come up the intracostal waterway from florida, left turn at the chesapeake, then left turn onto the potomac, take a right at the anacostia, and then a left to the dock and tie up at Buzzard Point "Marina"... a couple of hundred yards due south from the US capitol.

Please make sure Congress is in session. Not that I want anybody to be hurt anywhere. But, if it is inevitable, hopefully they will pick the targets that will most benefit the world!

And, agreed that there are a whole lot of easily accessible targets that do not require any type of security or special covert operations. That is why I never believed 9/11, and that is why I abhore all the security operations at the airports. Highly cumbersome, and completely ineffective.

If a terrorist moved to the US, and spent 1 year here, they would come up with 1000 better ways to attack our lifestyle with very little resource material or risk. It doesn't take a Nuke, or an airplane. The DC sniper had several states looking over their shoulders and afraid to pump gas or go to school, and he probably spent less than $50. He also would not have been caught if he would not have taken the bait from the news channels. Had he never turned on a TV, he would probably still be operating!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The possibility of a nuclear attack has always been a fear as soon as someone other than us had nukes. The government wants us to be afraid and I walk around Boston hoping it will never happen..

But all it takes is at least 1 man and a nuke....

get ready for the nuclear fireworks, they're coming sooner or later so get used to the idea of living like "Fallout" wherever you reside if your unfortunate enough to survive.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
If the US was hit with a rogue nuke it would be some place like the refinery belt Beaumont, Galveston, Houston.

I would really prefer a non-Texas based attack, but it would make sense. Even as far north as the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What purpose would there be for the government to nuke ourselves. If a nuke goes off we mostly will be in the stone age.
There will be no government control of the population, no getting rich off of the people, etc. The EMP will decimate all electronics in a good bit of the country and the cascade effect will shut down what little of the power grid that is left. There will be no going to best buy to buy new stuff. It will be fried, all of it.

The government would have limited means to control anything except themselves. If you think they could pull this off and gain control then look at Katrina and how well that went.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Two thoughts, first, if "Terrorists" have been planning for years to set off a nuke inside America, they would also be fully aware that America would destroy every last person in there region. So unless their people are truly at the brink of becoming extinct, I don't think they would go that far. Bio or E-Bomb seems more probable if anything.

Second, there is no way Obama is going to let or false flag a nuke attack inside of America, and if he did, our whole country would immediately storm Washington and Government would lose control. Let's hope that's not what they want to have happen. I think the best thing we can do is keep our eyes open, and not over-react. That's what got us into both wars and this depression, almost like they are giving us double reverse psychology.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Could the next terrifying attack on the nation fit into a suitcase?

www.rense.com...
Suitcase Nuke Threat Against US Raising More Concern
By Brian Ross ABCNEWS.com Nov. 9, 2001

The prospect that Osama bin Laden's terrorists may have gotten their hands on small, easily transportable "suitcase nukes" has some people in Washington now truly concerned.

www.cnn.com...
www.unitedstatesaction.com...

Former Soviet spy: Small nuclear devices planted in U.S.

Former Soviet spy Lunev claims his mission was to scout for dead drop sites in the U.S. to store communications devices and weapons of mass destruction

CNN NEWS January 28, 2000

From Correspondent Siobhan Darrow

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- A hooded, former Soviet spy with tales of threats to U.S. security was the star witness at a congressional hearing this week in California. The one-time military intelligence colonel testified that suitcase-sized nuclear devices are hidden on U.S. soil.

"Soviet general staff designed special plan for the future war against America," witness Stanislav Lunev testified Monday in heavily accented English.

www.homelandsecurityus.net...

20040321 We Have Briefcase Nukes
al-Qaida No. 2: We Have Briefcase Nukes
Mar 21, 10:02 AM (ET)

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Osama bin Laden's terror network claims to have bought ready-made nuclear weapons on the black market in central Asia, the biographer of al-Qaida's No. 2 leader was quoted as telling an Australian television station.

In an interview scheduled to be televised on Monday, Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir said Ayman al-Zawahri claimed that "smart briefcase bombs" were available on the black market.

www.unitedstatesaction.com...

Special Atomic Demolition Munitions (SADMs) or Nuclear Suitcase Bombs
Impact of "Low Yield" Nuclear Weapons

Notes on Tactical Nuclear Weapons by Sean Osborne (Steve Quayle News Alert)

Does Osama Bin Laden have Nuclear Suitcase Bombs?

That's the main concern of anti-terrorist researchers. What do we know? According to author Paul L. Williams in his recent book Osama's Revenge - the Next 9/11, "In 1996, David Z. and his Mafia associates in Chechyna allegedly purchased a shipment of Special Atomic Demolition Munitions (SADMs), or "nuclear suitcases" from former KGB officials...For the weapons, bin Laden paid $30 million in cash and two tons of heroin that had been refined in his laboratories in Afghanistan." (street value of $700 million). According to Williiams, Russian defector Col. Stanislav Lunev told a US "congressional committee in January 2000 that nuclear suitcases had indeed been buried in the United States, although he could not pinpoint the exact locations." (See CNN article link below).

Per Williams book Osama's Revenge - the Next 9/11, "Soviet scientists produced more than seven hundred nuclear suitcases during the 1960s and the 1970s and hundreds more during the 1980s. The first SADMs were very expensive to maintain and too heavy for practical use. They had to be carried in crates that measured 4 feet by 2.5 feet with a weight that exceeded eight hundred pounds. During the 1970s, the weapons were streamlined so that they could be transported in cases measuring 2 feet by 1.5 feet with a weight of 320 pounds. These modified nukes consisted of three coffee-can-sized aluminum canisters that had to be connected by a crew of five - a commander, a radio officer, and three army technicians - before detonation. Each weapon could produce an explosive yield of at least one kiloton - enough to topple not only the Twin Towers, but also much of lower Manhattan." (Paul L. Williams, Osama's Revenge - the Next 9/11, Chapter 2).

Suitcase nukes now weigh 60 lbs and require only 1 person for detonation.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
It will be a false flag with a tactical weapon. Same deal as 9/11 only more people dead. Look for a major city in a conservative area of middle America. Gives Zero an excuse to declare martial law and postpone/cancel the November elections. Thats why there is so little worry by the rats about the upcoming election, and Pelosi told them not to worry about it and vote against the wishes of the people on healthcare.

I didn't dream this one up, a super conservative, no nonsense friend mentioned it to me. I about fell out of my chair. He was the last person in the world I would ever have thought would pose such a scenario.

Man...I LIVE in "Middle America" and I just want everyone to leave me alone and let me live......and I GREW UP IN TEXAS...free and opinionated.....so NOW WHAT?????

[edit on 4/12/2010 by Cornczech]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

With Obama doing his presentation on the US conditions for use of Nuclear, you also need to ask is this common, would a leader really say this, or is it for an effect. MEME. NLP. Association.

When they do their dirty bomb false flag, a real possibility, and many have had dreams. Mine related to the west coast somewhere, and another midland location, is to make a connection for the middle east, or Iran, whoever they are going to set up.

Also it will be done on a certain astrological date, such as 9/11 being done on the date the declaration of Independence was, a Satrun/Pluto opposition, which according to what some suggest opens portals.

So, if and when anything occurs it will be done by the numbers as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Correct me if my memory is wrong, but the problem with briefcase nukes are the exotic isotopes used have a lower half life... so they dont age gracefully... some become somewhat unstable...making a toxic and messy fizzle.. instead of a 'boom'

also... one of my sources told me that there are literally hundreds of men on the street and in the subways of Wash Dc.. who look like stock brokers... or students with a backpack... carrying extremely sensitive gamma detectors...in those 'breifcases
and heavily armed.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I always had a gut feeling that it would be philly. I don't know why. It would cause total disruption in and around NYC and DC withouyt completely destroying those places.

But to be honest if they were going to do it they would have done it by now. Well that is what I am hoping anyway. It's too horrible to think about.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Doing this stuff by the 'numbers'.. like 911 aids the hypnotic impact of the event... suspending reasoning and allowing what the TV announcer is SAYING to go directly into the listeners subconscious... to become "the truth" cause he "knows it" and heard it on "tv"

The trouble with hypnosis is that it demands reenforcement or else it wears off, thus using 911.. inserts a trigger, that the person sees in life.. over and over again.. that will trigger the original hypnotic state caused by the shock of the original event.

If the prior two paragraphs did not make sense to you, please read them again, this is important for people to grasp....this is not easy to explain without large words.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

I agree with pretty much everything you said and gave you a star. Except you're missing one thing. They are warning against the terrorist threat of a nuke however as you point out it is highly unlikely a terrorist could get one much less set it off in the US. So if one does go off then at can only be a false flag staged to complete thier plan.

These evil bastards sacrificed thousands of americans on 9/11 to further thier desiegns so they are capable of sacrificing millions in some US city. What they won't have bargained for is how many Americans will resist.

Or perhaps they will not set one of and just use the continued threats to slowly implement martial law?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

Originally posted by Unity_99

If the prior two paragraphs did not make sense to you, please read them again, this is important for people to grasp....this is not easy to explain without large words.

LOL! Yes read them again over and over until they become truth... Sorry considering the subject matter of your post I just got a good laugh at you last line there. Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.howardbloom.net...

Osama bin Laden may soon have his hands on three Agosta 90B next-generation stealth submarines capable of carrying sixteen sea-to-land cruise missiles each. Those missiles can deliver atomic warheads. And Osama, I suspect, will have access to the forty nuclear warheads constructed by Pakistan. Washington and New York, two primary targets for Al Qaeda, are near bodies of water from which these nuclear-tipped missiles can be launched. So are many other major American cities.

this Is what worries me the most concerning nukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join