It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terreblanche accused of sex with his killers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

www.smh.com.au

JOHANNESBURG: Police are investigating claims that Eugene Terreblanche was killed after attempting to sexually assault two male workers on his farm.

A lawyer for one of the two suspects was quoted as saying the two accused acted in self-defence after the white supremacist plied them with alcohol and made sexual advances
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Now, you have to be suspicious of this.

The SA gov knows it would be a major political & social problem if Terreblanche's accused "murderers" are found guilty of murder & convicted.

This seems to be an extremely convenient way out for everybody.

I worry about South Africa.....

I think it's heading towards big, big problems.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

For convenience, here is the article in full:

April 13th 2010
David Smith
Johannesburg

Police are investigating claims that Eugene Terreblanche was killed after attempting to sexually assault two male workers on his farm.

A lawyer for one of the two suspects was quoted as saying the two accused acted in self-defence after the white supremacist plied them with alcohol and made sexual advances.

Puna Moroko, lawyer for 28-year-old Chris Mahlangu, told South Africa's Sunday Times: ''My instructions from my client are that there was some sodomy going on and it sparked the murder of Mr Terreblanche.''

Mr Moroko added that Mr Terreblanche had plied both workers with alcohol and tried to have sex ''with one or both'' of them.

''It is in the court record that Mr Terreblanche bought my client 18 Savannas [cider] and the other accused, who is still a minor, 13 Savannas before driving them to his farm. Mr Terreblanche bought himself a bottle of Smirnoff at the same liquor store.''

Police confirmed that a sexual link was among many claims being investigated. ''We are not going to focus on one thing,'' Musa Zondi, of the Hawks investigative unit, said. ''We will investigate all pertinent facts that have a bearing on the matter.''

Zola Majavu, the lawyer acting for the 15-year-old accused, would not comment on the sexual allegations, but said his client ''has undergone all the necessary tests that I need to prove his case''.

''I have consulted with my client and I am satisfied that something shocking happened on that day. I will disclose fully what my client told me happened during trial,'' Mr Majavu said.

Mr Terreblanche was hacked and battered to death on April 3 and found with his trousers around his knees.

Police had earlier said a pay dispute had led to the killing.

General Jan Mabula, head of the Hawks in North West Province, told City Press the suspects' clothes were to be examined as part of checks into whether there was a sexual link.

Mr Terreblanche's far-right Afrikaner Resistance Movement has rejected any suggestion of a sexual link to the murder of its leader, who was one of the most vocal proponents of keeping South Africa's races apart.

When the two farm workers appeared in court last Tuesday, there were tense scenes outside as AWB supporters and black groups were forced apart by police after insults and racially charged songs.

Guardian News & Media

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, this is convenient. What the OP said makes sense, and I agree.

I have a feeling the next few years in South Africa will be very interesting. I'm curious, however, about how all the white soldiers and officers in the South African Army will react if there is an increase in racist-based crimes against whites in their country. Will it split the South African army in two factions? Who knows.

Even if he was a racist, nobody deserves to be accused of attempted rape, especially if they're dead, unless they're guilty. Those lawyers better have some evidence to back up their accusations, or they too should be thrown in jail.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

David Reale.....

I too wonder what the white military will do if such crimes against whites increases.

Listen to me....."whites".....

It's a pity we have to express ourselves in that way, but the problems are caused by the great divide between many of the "whites" & many of the "blacks".

There is blame on both sides, but rational discussion gets buried in self interest, politics & spin.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
suspicious allegation that indeed, first it was a wage dispute or something now Terreblanche is supposed to have wanted to have sex with an underage black lad.................yeah right

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Of course it's all BS.
One may argue that it is an attempt to move the nature of the crime from that of a race/hate crime to that of a more criminally accepted nature.

Might even have been a good idea except for the fact that

A)Nobody will really believe it even if they say they do
B)Defamation of the dead, especially a potential martyr like ET, will cause way more trouble
C)People will use it to demonise the Afrikaaner

As for white military officers, the true blue officers will just try and keep the peace. They will not act against the ANC while they are official members of the SANDF.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Because no person with his psychological makeup has ever done that before.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yeah, it sucks that we have to use terms like "white" and "black". They're all Africans, after all, in their eyes, and in mine. Most of them are good, honest working people who've just been cursed with a #ty past.

You know, Mandela had it right back when Apartheid fell. Forgive and move on, and all that. The problem is, he was the only one prepared to do it. That's why the lack of imprisonments dealt to Apartheid war criminals - and ANC war criminals too, because they were by no means innocent either - was devastating to South Africa.

I remember I read on the 32 Battalion Veteran Association's website, something to the effect of this - and it really struck me because it rings very true: "It was war. We all did some nasty stuff back then." So simple, and so true. But, you know, what can you do about it? Hate for another fifty years? Another hundred years of racial violence?

Great! I bring the machete, you bring the land mines. And then my family gets wiped out by the very people I'll spend my life killing. Awesome. I certainly accomplished a lot there, didn't I? Mmmmmaybe not so much.

Sometimes we just have to let things go. Until *all* South Africans realize that, well, things won't change for the better.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Id imagine most havent raped 15 year old black lads

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
.....Sometimes we just have to let things go. Until *all* South Africans realize that, well, things won't change for the better.....

David Reale.....

I appreciate your clear thinking & expression of these ideas.

They mirror my own.

I often think the same thing as per the part of your post I have quoted above.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by Aeons

Oh. Right. People with power and something to prove would never ever do that.

They keep there raping for the black girls, just like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sorry for this ahead of time, I know this is a serious matter, but your comment made me fondly remember the Coke/Prostitute/Midget scene in "In Bruges" during which the midget discusses the coming race wars and on which side each race would side...
You, sir, made Gatorade come out of my nose remembering that.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sorry for this ahead of time, I know this is a serious matter, but your comment made me fondly remember the Coke/Prostitute/Midget scene in "In Bruges" during which the midget discusses the coming race wars and on which side each race would side...
You, sir, made Gatorade come out of my nose remembering that.

35Foxtrot.....

You know.....I'll have to watch that.

I missed it the first time around.

Thanks for reminding me

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Oh. Right. People with power and something to prove would never ever do that.

They keep there raping for the black girls, just like everyone else.

reply to post by Aeons

Who said "Rape"? Wasn't this a dispute about 'wages'?

Unfortunately, this is reminiscent of the sexual hanky panky in the American South between white racists and their black victims...starting with Thomas Jefferson. A good example was the white segregationist Senator Strom Thurmond; turns out he had a black daughter who kept a low profile but whom he had supported. Sometimes this racist attitude belies a real attraction toward the object of derision.

It may be calumny but on the other hand, who knows? Why would this racist be buying a teenager cider? To lure workers to his ranch to work? Was he giving them orders from his bedroom? It should be easy to tell if his bedroom was the scene of the crime or if he was killed elsewhere and moved. These don't look like sophisticated terrorist killers (teens) but who can tell?

Let's wait and see.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

in whatever warped view of the world you have maybe, but I doubt terreblanch was into the raping of underage blacks

Easy to besmirch a dead man eh

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LaMadameDuval

First off, Precedence does not not necesitate proof. So far they are just allegations.
The accused started out by saying it was a wage dispute. This new stuff about sodomy was only vocalised by his lawyer. mmmhhh really.

I've been to court before and you know what? I said exactly what the lawyer told me to say. Lawyers are sneaky ****'s it is there job sometimes to thwart justice.

The South African police are sometimes remarkable in the lengths and detail it will go to in order to secure a conviction. At other times the corruption and mishandling of a case are plain to see. If this had occured in the US or in Britain there would already be calls of foul play. The most credible investigative unit we have had since 94 was disbanded prior to Zuma's election for stepping on far too many toes regarding his coruption.

As for buying booze for a teenager. Well it's not the most glowing commendation of the country but buying booze for your workers is a pretty standard way of rewarding them. keeping them happy. Legal drinking age in SA is 18 in reality we all start boozing a lot closer to 14/15 and thats under vigil parents too. What make you think this kid or his family could give a # about western ideas of acceptible drinking age? Hell I know I didn'tAnd ET wouldn't have either. Even Afrikaans kids start drinking younger.

Bear in mind you legal drinking age is 21 (only country in the world) and we all know most high-school varsity kids will try and start 2-3 years before that age.

It's also worth noting that during apartheid (and before under british rule) there was a system known as pay-dop (translated pay-drink) on some of the wine farms. This was the practice of paying labourors (mainly cape coloureds) half their wages in cash and the other half in product, thus ensuring the workers always neeeeded money and hence stayed put. Before anyone goes off about that system it is also interesting to note when the system was abolished there was an outcry from more than a few labourers who had come appreciate the deal.

The crime and the hate are can be understood internationally, the context not so easily.

Bear in mind we may be a first world shell with a third world centre but it is still third world. it's the politics that keep us from 1st world status.

In short... This is still Africa buddy, true it is the most succesful African country by light years but it is still Africa, so many of your values and sensibilites mean squat to the people who live there. That goes for us whiteys too sometimes. Not many people would have seen anything sinister with a farmer buying beer for a 15 year old farmhand. Hell I would do it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Another issue that I think everybody is conveniently ignoring are South Africas incredibly high HIV/AIDS statistics. 1 in every 3 Black people in SA have the bug. ET would have known this and as a self avowed Racist even if he did have sexual deviant tendancies his very contempt for a black African along with the knowledge of the high prevalence of HIV/AIDS, along with other std's such as syphylus, Gonoroah and herpes and then a good chance of Tubercolosis to boot make these allegations highly unlikely to say the least.

Not impossible. But so close as to make very little difference, in my own humble opinion.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

in whatever warped view of the world you have maybe, but I doubt terreblanch was into the raping of underage blacks

Easy to besmirch a dead man eh

And everyone loves to make a bad dead man into a saint.

I would not be so quick to dismiss a claim. That's for sure.

Guys like this - of any group - often do exactly that. South Africa is a den of inequity of the lowest order. Men of this type do this and have done this throughout time, and I would not put it past one.

I don't make saints of the dead out of some superstition.

Would I believe that a raging power addict big mouth with dominance issues would be a rapist? To be honest, I'd put my money on him being one - the only question being is if these boys are his victims or others.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well... if I’m completely honest I will not be shedding many tears for this guy!!

However, the whole "he tried have his wicked way" argument does just seem like an act of desperation by the accused!!

Of course, this is just a gut feeling... i have no proof either way!

One thing for sure... South Africa has got some SERIOUS social issues... I really do hope and pray that the people can work it out but sadly i doubt it... SA reminds me of an abuse victim who simply cannot forget or recover!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

And everyone loves to make a bad dead man into a saint.

I would not be so quick to dismiss a claim. That's for sure.

Guys like this - of any group - often do exactly that. South Africa is a den of inequity of the lowest order. Men of this type do this and have done this throughout time, and I would not put it past one.

I don't make saints of the dead out of some superstition.

No one at all with the exception of the far right wingers in the AWB is making him a saint. But just because he was a bit of a creep doesn't mean that he is guilty of every single allegation we can think of to throw at him.

Would I believe that a raging power addict big mouth with dominance issues would be a rapist? To be honest, I'd put my money on him being one - the only question being is if these boys are his victims or others.

By your logic every single politician, union leader, banker, journalist and prominent figure in the world are rapists.
I would have made a comment about the catholic church but I like something with a bit of a challenge.

I repeat: just because someone was a bad person does not make them guilty of all the crimes our petty minds can concieve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join