It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Backwards countries,like iran,would use nuclear weapons to
destroy all their enemies.They also have no problem killing
off their own population to do so.
So, you're ashamed to be an american,then move out of the
country!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You can't really try to pretend that the United States is on some kind of moral high ground compared to Iran.

The U.S.A lost the moral high ground a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

The U.S. was NOT allowed to attack vietnam with all of our
countries military might! WHY,because that "war" was micro
managed by president Johnson,that's why.Our troops couldn't
blow up an outhouse without permission first.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

That's true I suppose, but I'm pretty sure the troops over there blew up much more than outhouses anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by fordrew

country!

If using nukes makes you backward then that makes USA the most backward country on earth since they are the only ones to have used them so far.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

reply to post by fordrew

country!

If using nukes makes you backward then that makes USA the most backward country on earth since they are the only ones to have used them so far.

1.Has the U.S. destroyed any nation?
2.Was the U.S. the only nation doing heavy water experiments?
3.The only reason the U.S. dropped the first atomic bomb was
because we finished our bombs first!
4.Backwards countries have to use technology from other
nations to do their dirty work.
5.Backwards countries who would destroy their own in order
to destroy an enemy.
6.Backwards countries who don't have enough intelligence to
think about the consequences of their actions.
7.Backwards countries who are motivated by hatred and religious
fervor.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

1.Has the U.S. destroyed any nation?
2.Was the U.S. the only nation doing heavy water experiments?
3.The only reason the U.S. dropped the first atomic bomb was
because we finished our bombs first!
4.Backwards countries have to use technology from other
nations to do their dirty work.
5.Backwards countries who would destroy their own in order
to destroy an enemy.
6.Backwards countries who don't have enough intelligence to
think about the consequences of their actions.
7.Backwards countries who are motivated by hatred and religious
fervor.

I will take privilege to answer your questions,

1. Yes - many = Iraq, Afghanistan, Chile, Panama, Vietnam, Cuba, Serbia, Rhuanda, Germany, Italy, Japan...
2. No
3. By Sir General Montgomery and his memories: England was not side with USA to use A-bomb in situation, where Japan had already started to negotiate from peace. English warlords really saw it was totally unnecessary act.
4. Every country has his allies and interests.
5. There is no such thing or will in real world, just propaganda - Germany in WW2 at its final moments we can see only state which have ever think little like that - but later historical study has shown also, that very many oversaw cold war to come, and they just waited allies to see that fact too.
6. Never underestimate your enemy.
7. Fundamentalism and fascist elements are to be found in every religion, state and community.

Just my thoughts

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

As the other poster has already posted, yes the USA has destroyed other nations or done a good job of trying to.

But the atomic bomb issue, it is arguable that it didn't need to be used, let alone two bombs being dropped. But I see your point on that issue.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

countries military might!

You must be joking surely.

Everything except nuclear weaponry was used to win in Vietnam.
Vietnam is what has now BANKRUPTED America.
Nixon had to take America off the gold standard in 1971 because he was forced to print more dollars than he had gold to pay for the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

The roots of the current economic crisis and the coming collapse go back directly to 1971.

To say America did not take the Vietnam war seriously is laughable.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm a bit curious in regard to an Israeli war against Iran.

Since the countries are not bordering on each other, what is the most likely course of action in terms of war, from Israel's side? Bombings and submarine warfare is a possibility. But somehow I doubt they have enough soldiers in the IDF to stage a full-scale invasion by air and sea.

So either, they'll be bombing the crap out of Iran, or they'll be sending cruise missiles, and sinking Iranian ships, from submarines, or both, possibly with some Special Forces additions.

But except for that, can they do anything else to Iran, without military support from the United States? I can't help but feel it's like Liechtenstein trying to invade the Soviet Union. No matter how deadly the IDF are in battle, the Iranians outnumber them aplenty in terms of manpower.

Or am I completely mistaken here?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This really winds me up when people seem to think its ok for iran to have nukes, its like dam how dumb are you?

Look the problem is giving every kid in the school playground a gun,

Iran cannot be trusted with nukes "END OFF" do i really need to explain that? No, its like giving a madman a knife and letting roam round your house "but im sure you do this all the time" can you trust a mad man? well until Iran start acting like a respectable peaceful nation and stop theating to wipe other nation of the face of the map (israel) i say NO... take wot ever actions necessary to stop the kids getting hold of the guns, sorry but its better than a all out nuke exchange later down the line,

This issue should not be brushed under the carpet and certainly not aloud to posses nuclear weapons as some people suggested,

And before the "but" israel & the U.S has them bus starts rolling, yes but they are not making Threats there trying to stop the child picking one up, this is the problem its a horrible thing to posses, there not designer items for nations who want to bully,

There mass killing devises how responsible would it be to just allow anybody who wants them to have them, with the amount of mentally unstable rouge nation leaders there are in the world why shouldn't we say who can and can't have them?

Its better to look back like we have done many of times in the past and say well why didn't we do something sooner? why didn't we make rules, how can we have let this happen,

But feel free you go ahead and let your support be know and let your children live in a much much more dangerous world and see where it got you,

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Pakistan had nukes for how long, and they are the most unstable country in the world.

Plus for everyones info, america will not turn iran into glass, if such a bomb went of, its not there policy.

During clinton pres america changed its policy towards nuke attacks.

I think america see the fact that weapons are far more powerful today, and america does not run MAD, unless its against china and russia, and they will not do anything.

Stop thinking we are living in cold war era, america changed its policy on nuke attacks.

Plus no country will attack america with nukes anyway.

For all you israel people, why has pakistan never used there nukes, they have not, have they?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I agree with what you are saying, but if you think about it, if you were in Iran's shoes and your sworn enemy has got some nukes then you are gonna want one as well. Just like Russia has em just because USA has them.

Now if somebody wants to be the playground supervisor, they cant tell one lot (Israel) they can have them and the other lot (Iran) they can't have them.

Surely it will only work if both sides agree not to have any ?

Therefore either Israel gives up what they have (we dont even know what they have) or Iran will have to be allowed to have some.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
NUCLEAR REDUCTION TREATY RIGHT BEFORE RUSSIA MOUTHS OFF?
i want to know what the hell is really going on behing the news cameras.
was there a real reason that were in the middle east? do you believe its oil? i dont. i believe it was an excuse to station soldiers close enough to iran for another invasion. our military isnt stupid, even if sometimes it seems that way. i believe bush intended on ivasion of iran but to much red tape screwed up the plans and now conflict is heating up.. the bible prophesises the seven headed beast that would destroy the world:
bear,dragon,lion,etc, etc. i dont remember all but they all seem to represent the flags of allying countries against the us. russian, china,iran. these 3 band together against us and four more will emerge. we think this war is bad, well wait until they get their alliance together.

if someone wants to add to what ive said or enlighten me, then message me back

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

countries military might!

You must be joking surely.

Everything except nuclear weaponry was used to win in Vietnam.
Vietnam is what has now BANKRUPTED America.
Nixon had to take America off the gold standard in 1971 because he was forced to print more dollars than he had gold to pay for the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

The roots of the current economic crisis and the coming collapse go back directly to 1971.

To say America did not take the Vietnam war seriously is laughable.

We could not invade the north for fear of China. It was a horrible situation US soldiers were put in.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteboynolan
NUCLEAR REDUCTION TREATY RIGHT BEFORE RUSSIA MOUTHS OFF?
i want to know what the hell is really going on behing the news cameras.
was there a real reason that were in the middle east? do you believe its oil? i dont. i believe it was an excuse to station soldiers close enough to iran for another invasion. our military isnt stupid, even if sometimes it seems that way. i believe bush intended on ivasion of iran but to much red tape screwed up the plans and now conflict is heating up.. the bible prophesises the seven headed beast that would destroy the world:
bear,dragon,lion,etc, etc. i dont remember all but they all seem to represent the flags of allying countries against the us. russian, china,iran. these 3 band together against us and four more will emerge. we think this war is bad, well wait until they get their alliance together.

if someone wants to add to what ive said or enlighten me, then message me back

Oh boy not another American evangelical.

Why does it have to be America that is the good, and Russia etc the evil?

FYI, your neo Christian beliefs are false. Why? Because they aren't the original teachings. Christians don't sing and dance in Church. Church isn't a business. It's a spiritual thing. These new age Christian groups are anything but spiritual.

Another FYI, Orthodoxy is the original Christian faith(well, catholics will disagree, but they went their separate way lol). Do you know what Orthodox prophecies say about Russia and a holy Christian city under occupation to this day, with the largest Orthodox cathedral(basically the St Peters of Orthodoxy, or the Mecca of Orthodoxy, or the Temple Mount of Orthodoxy), under desecration? It's the Russians who will return the city to it's rightful owners, it's because of the Russian's that Divine Liturgy will be heard again in Hagia Sofia.

But according to new age Christian evangelicals in America, the Russian's are the evil ones.

Isn't strange how some new age American religion, fit's in well with American politics? ie Russia=evil.

I'm not saying my religion is right and yours is wrong. It's not up to me to say how one should practice their faith.

And the comparisson I drew above about politics, is applicable to many religions and countries. Something to think about long and hard for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why is Russia on their side? I love Tatu!!!! wtf... the world is so weird, I know nothing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The issue of Iran wanting to destroy anyone is moot. It is all based on rhetoric, unfounded accusations and the moronic presumption that since Iran lacks a democracy they are evil. It is not based on any facts. The US, arguably the greatest single democracy in the history of the world, used atomic weapons with massive casualties, not once but twice. Who exactly do you trust ? Iran is flanked by an overly aggressive country that has clearly demonstrated her intentions of attacking sovereign nations. Further she is led by the CIA, the most ruthless, bloodthirsty ongoing terrorist organization based on countless ATS articles and insight. Its hardly surprising that she wants to defend herself, wouldn't you ? Until the day comes that israel permits nuclear inspection, both her and the US foreign policy can go straight to hell.

brill

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Russia would not engage the US in a nuclear war over Iran. Stating that it is unacceptable does not state that it will result in counterattack from Russia.

And, another point: Why do we not hear the Russians saying that an attack on Israel or the US by Iran is unacceptable? Ever heard of 911?

Are you insinuating Iran was behind 911 with that demagogic remark? Geez I really wonder what they put in your water. And lets not get to confident about what will happen if the US and or Israel attack Iran. That's silly. As if Russia and China to name a few want the US to grab all resources and just wait to get wiped out in the near future. Enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderinghows
Why is Russia on their side? I love Tatu!!!! wtf... the world is so weird, I know nothing.

Russia is siding with what is right. Demonizing Iran to justify attacking them is laughable to those that see the actual truth. Iran has historically shown itself to be a peaceful nation, despite the significance of their valued resources. Protecting their precious commodity, at any cost, should be expected and justifiable.

Regardless of what Iran could be, or do to others, in the future is not punishable preemptively. Neither is twisting statements out of context to look like threats. Hell, even if they threaten someone for real it falls way short of justifying war against them.

It's very disappointing to see the same main stream propaganda and fabricated nonsense being spread here at ATS as seen at conventional news sources. I come here for out of the box thinking and opinions formed from relevant facts, yet I find the same generic tag lines from the popular status-quo. Those regurgitating the silliest myths like "They want to wipe them off the map!" or "Iran is the biggest threat to the world!" should be ashamed.

To believe that the biggest threat to the world happens to be one of the most peaceful and least aggressive countries ever is naive, but believing it because the least peaceful and most aggressive country ever says so is ridiculously ignorant! Factor in the enormous advantages of controlling this region and its resources, as well as the fact that these aggressors have attempted controlling this nation before, and you can't help but see why Russia is on their side!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join