It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakemill
reply to post by fordrew

your really on that crack pipe arent you? remember the last time you were oppressed by evil americans.... i mean really i know our car comercials suck but they arent that bad. russians on the other hand, well my family wouldnt be in the states if it werent for their routine genocidal tendancies. youll know when they clear a hospital out with your family in it, just look up the chechian war and that is only a few small incidents in a 100 years of war crimes

Let me direct you to the post i made prior: post by fordrew

And like I said before, I will not argue whether religion is good or bad because that will steer the topic off course.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by Artanis667

Banning religion is a good thing not a bad thing.... I prefer not to get into the semantics because I will then steer the thread off-topic....

But yea I really hope Israel and US get what is coming for them.
Do you realize how many people will die because of this? Do you know the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? I can assure you as soon as that happens, off with my head.

I will not deny my worship of God on the account of the government and I can tell you many others will follow as well.

Perhaps you don't care. Truth is your right, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. It will happen. Will you watch executions feeling they are right to execute us?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If you want a sign that indicates America is serious about backing Isreal in an attack on Iran, wait until a third carrier group joins the two that are already there.

You need 3 carrier groups to run an aerial campaign 24/7.

So until the third shows up, don't expect a move.

"When word of a crisis breaks out in Washington, it's no accident that
the first question that comes to everyone's lips is:
'Where's the nearest carrier?'"

President Bill Clinton

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have to agree with those who have stated the Russians (and China) always find the actions of the US and our allies "unacceptable", and that's about it. Not that they couldn't give us a run for our money in a military conflict, but they have no intention to do so, IMO. They are just paying lip service to their clients, whom they love selling weapons to, so they can get destroyed, and they can sell some more. Just like US politics, I believe world politics is like professional wrestling, when it comes to the big players anyway. It's all planned out, and staged for the masses. The US and Russia each have enough nukes, even with this silly little treaty, to wipe us all off the planet many times over, but what fun would the rich bastards that truly call the shots in both countries have in a nuclear wasteland, or locked away in a bunker for the rest of their lives? Why would they render all their riches useless?? They wouldn't.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

so why dont you go to iran/russia, join there military and get ready if your so ashamed? ill see you on the other side buddy

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I really wonder what on earth is being said behind the scenes if this is the public face of the whole mess..

Here is a guess.

"Hey lets pretend we are against each other, when in reality we are all on the same side behind the scenes. That way it will keep people fearful and afraid, and it will make the easy to control!"

That should be pretty close to reality, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a future conflict in Iran and a possible oil shortage in the world would balance the peak oil the world is through by sky rocketing the oil prices and pushing the people to consume less oil and energy as back in the 07' 08'...Iran needs money for weapons and military technology so a little of speculation won't hurt em' if you know what I mean.

even if there's no nuclear war on Iran, I think it's gonna be very difficult times in the near future.

I think even Mercedes-Benz is preparing for this with their new SMART car.
When economic disasters strike, people stop investing on luxuries.

Sometimes the market behavior can tell us about future events.

i'm not a prophet...just thought

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The real question is quite simple

Why does Iran hate Israel that much?
Why does Iran hate the US so much?

No matter which road you take, it always Leads back to Israel, what
a strange co-incidence

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The best choice of action for the United States would be to distance themselves from Israel in all ways possible. Their banker's use our resources and dirty our hands from behind the scenes and we reap the blame? Obama has done some to put a damper on our relations with them, hopefully we outright condemn them with this resettlement thing, and cut all ties. You don't try and call bluffs on Russia and possibly China, over Israel and Iran, I mean, c'mon.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
post by SLAYER69

Slayer said:

"Israel is condemned for "potentially" attacking Iran and the fact that they may or may not have nukes. But Iran is above question about their "potential" nuclear development?"

Just now you are starting to make some sense--if you would please cut the question mark at the end of your statement.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I dont get how people talk crap about countries using nukes, when the U.S was the only one who used them...pathetic. America isnt so "great" as we say it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Russia would not engage the US in a nuclear war over Iran. Stating that it is unacceptable does not state that it will result in counterattack from Russia.

And, another point: Why do we not hear the Russians saying that an attack on Israel or the US by Iran is unacceptable? Ever heard of 911?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
People here seem to assume that both Russia and China must go directly to war against America, in order to support Iran.

But what if both Russia and China just pour unlimited resources into Iran, while keeping out of the war themselves.

That is exactly why America and it's allies were driven out of Vietnam.
The Communists just poured huge continuous unlimited aid into Vietnam, which all the American technology and resources could not hold out against.

Exactly the same thing is happening again in Iraq right now.
This time, it is the entire world pouring aid into Iraq, and the US military, no longer with any allies, have been fighting a stalemate unwinnable war against the civilian population in Iraq for seven long years.
Not even WW2 lasted that long.

I can see this all happening again for a third time.

America or Israel attacks Iran, and backed by an unlimited supply of resources, Iran fights back against the US and Israel for many years.
In the process, the US will eventually be totally driven right out of the entire Middle East Region.

That is probably the long term hope and strategy of both Russia and China. Both nations are renowned long term strategists with near infinite patience.

The US on the other hand, always shoots from the hip in a knee jerk fashion,
(all balls but no brains) with usually disastrous long term results.

[edit on 13/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Just look at North Korea, they fire missile in the direction towards Japan all day long but never east towards china. Iran is no better, they are provoking ISrael and its allies all the time, if Iran are allowed to get nucleear weapons it will be a disaster. The world would get a little Stalin in the middle east.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
Israel and its allies

Care to present a list of all these loyal allies that IsraHell has ?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by SLAYER69

Please enlighten us with the facts, as you seem to think you known them.

Or....alternatively you could just provide us with more sarcastic and scornful posts.

Israel is condemned for "potentially" attacking Iran and the fact that they may or may not have nukes. But Iran is above question about their "potential" nuclear development?

No one is giving Iran a free pass to this. Iran allowed nuclear inspectors. Israel never has.

Do you even know any history to this region? The forces that have allied to wage war against Iran time and time again? In the 80's we used Iraq as a proxy (through our old pal Saddam Hussein) to fight the Iranians and weaken them and then we also played the Iranians to hedge our bet. A weaker Middle East is easier to control and get resources from. I don't see Iran actively waging covert and overt war to the extent it has been done to them.

I, for one, hope diplomacy prevails, do you?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I guarantee you one thing. If the US engages in a war with Iran which has the military support of Russia and China, this will be a modern war. We wont be fighting a bunch of opium farmers in Afghanistan or a bunch of taxi drivers in Iraq. Be prepared to see our fighters being shot out of the sky with state of the art SAM systems, and helicopters being downed by the dozens. Russia has defensive weapons systems, as the US has offensive weapon systems mainly. Perfect opportunity to test these babies out. Want to see the s-400 engage a few fighters? Well this may be the war for you then.

I repeat this will be a REAL modern war, not the US superpower battling Afghanistan which has nothing but farmers on horses with ak-47s. This war will involve heavy armor and ballistic missiles....has the US missile shield been battle tested? Want to see the Sn-22 sunburns in action? Well grab a front row seat. US supercarrier's will become sitting ducks. Do you people really think that the Aegis system can stop a simultaneous attack from multiple directions comprising of lets say 10-15 supersonic ship attacking missiles? This will not be a guerrilla war, this will be a real war, you aint seen nothing yet. Blame Israel for this because it is their fault for hijacking and dragging the US into such a conflict.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rhines

Comparing Ahmadinejad to Stalin is about as big and inaccurate an exaggeration as those who compare Obama to Hitler.

Yes, North Korea has fired off missiles plenty of times and is often threatening nuclear war and the destruction of South Korea, yet the United States doesn't seem too bothered.

[edit on 13/4/10 by Kram09]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join