It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Your absolutely wrong! the US is NOT a coward, In fact we're the exact opposite. We're an extreme form of hyper aggressive parasitism. this has nothing to do with being cowardly and everything to do with geo-politics.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
well it would appear that Russia and China
has called the Israeli and US Bluff.

Your move there Obama & Netenyahoo

Queen's Bishop to King 3!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I agree with Russia.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Russia invaded Georgia because they seen an Armada of U.S. Navy ships headed for the gulf during the Olympics. Bush backed down in talks with Putin at the games and they came up with the MSM story. Russia was lucky. They were not ready for that fight and would have taken huge loses had the U.S. air force been turned lose on them.

Russia will make the same mistake again but this time Israel will hand them a biblical beating when they come knocking at the hot gates.

The Russian people need to stop their lunatic leaders before millions of them and Iranians are nuked when Israel is backed into a corner. Iran needs to stop and open up their nuke program to the world before Israel is forced to wipe it out. Given Iran's support of Hammas and Hesbola they (Israel) can not take the chance a nuke is shipped to anyone of these terrorist groups.

Its going to be very bad very soon, Get ready because Gods wrath will be unleashed on anyone who comes against the nation of Israel. You have been warned.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nothing makes me more angrier than U.S. policing other nations on whether they should have nuclear power or not. US has like 9000 nukes at its disposal right now while countries like Iran have none or extremely little. Hello? US needs to back the hell up because we haven't exactly been a friendly nation. Who was the first to use nuclear weapons in warfare? US! The point I am trying to make is that US apparently only wants to be the only one carrying nukes because APPARENTLY WE ARE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO KEEP AND USE THEM AND OTHER COUNTRIES AREN'T. I am happy for Iran and I congratulate them for finally reaching a nuclear milestone.

I think that Israel is a hungry war-mongering country looking to fight for land because they are "taking back what was once theirs" etc etc. But why does US back up Israel? For oil no doubt...

I side with Russia/Iran and I am ashamed to be an American.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is quite a troubling remark by the Chief of Staff of the Russian Army. However, it is a real vague statement and does not clearly define the stance of the Putin/Medvedev government on the issue of Iran? We have seen in the past the Russian generals and even Chinese ones speaking on their own regarding national security issues without validation by the civilian leadership.

When the US and Israeli governments hear something similar to what the General has said in his statement, by either Putin or Medvedev then I would be concerned. At present, it is to soon to make any conclusions on what stance the government of Russia truly holds at the moment. Personally, I find them to be clever poker players and they are keeping their cards close. The US and Israel ought to do the same. Now, President Obama has invited world leaders to Washington to discuss a wide range of issues regarding non-proliferation, the rules of engagement for nuclear weapons deployment, arms reduction, and securing nuclear weapons and materials.

This may be an attempt by Russia to gain a little more leverage and media attention during any negotiations at the summit? Or it may be the official stance concerning their views on the situation involving Iran? Until I hear something akin to what the General has said from either Medvedev or Putin I would not put very much stock in the remarks. The plot is certainly thickening if these recent remarks made by the General are official government policy of the Russia Federation for the Middle East and Iran, and a wrench in the engine for the EU, Israel, and the US on stiff sanctions against the Islamic Republic at the UN.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The report went on to say ..

"If Iran gets nuclear weapons, it might become an impetus for other states, and lead to further expansion of the nuclear club," he said, adding the Russian military department was against such a scenario.

Please forgive me as I have had a very long day and am pretty dam tired but it doesn't sound like Russia was planing on defending Iran on this one ??

I will go back and read this entire thread over , not just the first page , and will grab a coffee so that I might be awake enough to see just what I am missing here .

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Hell yes, I want to see the jews do something now ! ! !

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem

If need be the government would just reinstate the draft. The US government has shown over the last few years that it really doesn't care about public opinion, so drafting the needed soldiers would not worry them much.

Not if Washington politicians value their lives America wont.

Their are some ring pass not's that the US government knows not to cross. One is a draft.

I'm however in complete agreement with you that the US government has shown that it doesn't care about public opinion. But caring about public opinion and armed civil resistance are two different matters all together. Just ask the president of kyrgyzstan about that one.

Also, the youth of today are a little better informed than the babyboomers were. Many of those youth know now that they do not have to submit to one. All that they need to do by law is show up for a medical examination and that's it. True, they will be put into jail for a few months on a lesser charge by refusing to raise their right hand and step forward to a yellow line, but they will not be dragooned into the military if they don't wish it. There are enough information sites on the Net that tell how to avoid being dragooned now. I just essentially explained how you avoid the draft anyway.

Also, public opinion of the government has never been lower in the entire course of my life and I've been around for a few years. The public discontent would spiral quickly out of control. The last thing the US government wants is public apathy to turn into focused rage.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think this is a tactic used by tptb to lure a bunch of countries in to a false sense of security. Let country A think that the U.S. has its back, let country B think Russia or China have their back. Once countries A and B go to war the big players get A and B to test out all of their new toys. Then the big players argue back and forth for a while. Then they pass a resolution at the U.N. and both Russia and the U.S. send in peacekeepers. Both countries get credit for ending the conflict and divide up the rewards. The big superpowers don't like fighting wars on their own turf. Its a sure way of losing the support of the masses. If war is a way out of recession the big money holders don't want any of their assets accidently bombed. My thought is that if anything happens in Iran it will be after the U.S. Russia and China have some back door negotiations to divide up the oil fields. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok all caught up and I still don't see just how we figure Russia will attack anyone over Iran .

It would seem we are drawing to much from the comment " Unacceptable " .

The article seemed to imply that the act of bombing Iran would be " unacceptable " because of just how close everyone is to one another in the M.E and how many different people would suffer outside of the two countries fighting , not do to some Russian retaliation .

As for Russia selling Iran a defense system , so what ? Russia is one of many countries that sell arms and such systems to various countries , big deal ?

Nice OP and thanks for posting but I am drawing different conclusions based on my interpretation of the report .

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by BLV12

I think that only thing I did, was I just revealed secret US media agenda.

Watch your evening news and keep your ignorance.

Good night!

You think you did what now?

Seriously, the Russian's aren't going to wage war against America for the sake of Iran. They didn't do it for their Slavic brothers in Serbia, who were twice bombed by the Americans and NATO. What makes anyone think Russia will go to war for Iran?

Whether we see a US/Israeli attack on Iran, is yet to be determined.
What we are seeing is a buildup over the years to a confrontation. That confrontation might not be one with guns and bombs. The issue may be settled without the Americans or Israelis attacking. We might see another revolution in Iran..who knows.

But the same bunch of people have been ranting about imminent attacks on Iran for the last few years.

Does anyone recall that hysteria over the carrier battle groups that were supposedly deployed to the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea, along with allied war ships?

Apparently that was it, war was imminent.

Or the time some carriers supposedly were sent out in secret, allegedly, because some conspiracy theorist didn't know were they were at...

I mean come on. You are not going to predict or decipher when the US is going to go to war based on media articles. Why? Because you aren't the only one reading, if you catch my drift.

If the US, or Israel for that matter, ever attack Iran, you will know about it on a breaking news segment on your tv AFTER it's begun. I've said this many times before, but some people don't want to be rational and think logically.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So [Any airstrike against Iran by the United States or Israel would be "unacceptable," the chief of the Russian General Staff Nikolai Makarov…]
If they mean this technically they could sell Iran nuclear stock piles that we agreed to reduce on Thursday… and we could do the same for Isreal… and we could have a hand me down cold war - nuclear arms race…

But seriously though, this statement reminds me of when John McCain said he’d chase Osama bin Ladin all the way to the gates of hell…

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

i agree, and i've stated more than once in the past, that it's Russia, China, North Korea and Iran against the rest of the world...

So Iran gets to have the Nuclear threat, under the protection of Russia...

haha

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Ummm... Russia just attacked Georgia, a few years ago... They wanted to see if they still got it. They've dusted off the guns and are ready to get back into the action again...

I know your not saying Russia is afraid to go to war? lol

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How many countries saw the last Iraq invasion as 'unacceptable'? This did not mean they all went in guns blazing to help Iraq.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Who honestly didn't see that coming?? There's a serious tension between USA, Israel / Iran, Russia

Behold! The enemies of Israel are coming from the North! Look on a map as to where Moscow and Israel stand. That was somewhat of a quote from the word.

Subjects like this amaze me how people don't see it coming. Like the progressive move to ban religion, in some way shape or form. We all know its a prospect yet we ignore it until it comes to our front doors.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Banning religion is a good thing not a bad thing.... I prefer not to get into the semantics because I will then steer the thread off-topic....

But yea I really hope Israel and US get what is coming for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
who cares what russia thinks

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join