It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
All I'm saying is consider your own words and apply them to Iran's potential for developing nukes. It seems to me that many here want Iran to have them whether it's a good thing for the world or not just as long as it's a counter to Israel who has never NUKED anybody but has had possible potential to do so.

More than happy to do so...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Iran already has a small number of nuclear weapons, and if they don't I do hope they have them sooner rather than later...

The Israelis have them as a deterrent, and it is only right and just that Iran be allowed the same given the aggression shown to it by Israel and the US...

The premise that Iran is more likely to use nuclear weapons than anyone else and indeed Iran having nuclear weapons would be "bad for the world" is completely unfounded and frankly, absurd...

This premise has been dreamed up by the two most aggressive nations in the world, in order for the US to be able to justify its further militarisation and economic control of the region, and for Israel to maintain its status quo as the only nation in the region with nuclear weapons, so it may maintain an "atmosphere of fear" in the region amongst its neighbours that it might use said weapons on them...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

The premise that Iran is more likely to use nuclear weapons than anyone else and indeed Iran having nuclear weapons would be "bad for the world" is completely unfounded and frankly, absurd...

Seriously?

Iranian elites have shown more than once that they are more than willing to kill their own people in order to maintain power. What makes you think they wouldn't kill foreigners not to mention perceived "Zionist" aka Jews AKA Israel?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I respect your views, dont get me wrong.

I just read about - "how much you get paid?" ... You know? Thats not ok for me. Here is two of my respected friends fighting - both of you I have clicked as one - so when I see two friends insulting each others in my thread, I had to say something...

Peace, bro

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

if the israelis want to kill off their own people along with the Iranians good for them.

You do not want to know my real feelings on this situation.

I'm not a Jew or a Persian.

I'm an Older almost Fed up US Marine.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

The old Soviet Union made lots of noise before Operation Desert storm and Russia made noise before the 2003 Iraqi invasion.

This is more noise.

The Russians are not stupid. If they are really annoyed by anything that happens in Iran, they'll respond with more chess moves in the Caucasus and Central Asia.

Only if ATS existed during the Cold War. Oh what chaos that would be. The USSR made hostile comments and threats all the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Exactly....US troops. Don't forget the gov. just extended the entry age for the armed forces....I think it is 42 now. If a draft is reinstated that would pull in a lot of boys who served in Desert Storm (who are now in their late thirties and early forties). No need to train them...just draft them and get them into shape again quick. Not to mention we still have a plethora of young men (and women) 18 and older who could be drafted.

Maybe we should watch who starts sending their college kids to school in Canada....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

reply to post by antonia

How Naive....

If history has taught us anything it's that power corrupts.

Stay tuned.

Naive? Really, do you think the Iranians sit around all day thinking "What stupid crap can we do today to piss everyone off". Stopping the strait would not only tick off the U.S., it would tick off most of the Middle east and Europe. There would be a huge bulk of the planet seething in rage at the Iranians. They know that.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by antonia]

In a word - YES - I think that's exactly what the leaders of iran sit around doing. They seem to love to "poke the bear" and see what mischief they can instigate.

And yes, I also think the naive label fits perfectly.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well it's a GOOD thing he isn't running the US-Israeli show. Once Iran possibly becomes a Nuclear power they can potentially bottleneck the strait or turn on any of their neighbors.

Just a thought.

Sorry slayer, I'm agin you on this call... cause Iran already has the capability..

Goto google earth and zoom in on the coastline around the pinch in the Gulf. There are missle launch facilities ... lots of them. No need for nuclear, all they need is a US Aircraft carrier to sink in the strait and it will be closed for a long time..

but to do so would amount to a doomsday scenario... because IMO it is the fact they could but have not, that stops every country including Israel in its tracks when they start to think about the possible consequences. Iran has a right to enrich uranium...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just something Ive noticed...

Why does it seem like since the cold war, Russia is cool with the US, while at the same time always befriending and helping our enemies?

Is it just out of spite, or is there something more?

I imagine the next major war will be Russia, North Korea, China, and Iran, teaming up against the US.

We would seriously be screwed... basically attacked on all sides

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Just something Ive noticed...

Why does it seem like since the cold war, Russia is cool with the US, while at the same time always befriending and helping our enemies?

Is it just out of spite, or is there something more?

Because they were never really anyone's friend. They just want the U.S. off their back. They aren't dumb enough to think the U.S. has harmless intent toward the region.

Read "The Grand Chessboard" and you will discover what the U.S. is up to in that part of the world. It's about cutting off two parts of the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

reply to post by antonia

How Naive....

If history has taught us anything it's that power corrupts.

Stay tuned.

Naive? Really, do you think the Iranians sit around all day thinking "What stupid crap can we do today to piss everyone off". Stopping the strait would not only tick off the U.S., it would tick off most of the Middle east and Europe. There would be a huge bulk of the planet seething in rage at the Iranians. They know that.

In a word - YES - I think that's exactly what the leaders of iran sit around doing. They seem to love to "poke the bear" and see what mischief they can instigate.

And yes, I also think the naive label fits perfectly.

I have to back Centurion's comment up. It is obvious they think daily of what they can do to agitate. Our response to the agitation is where the Iranians will get their power. Even if Israel attacks Iran its still going to be viewed as a proxy attack from America. That attack will be viewed as the big bad bully US attacking poor little Iran who is just exercising its right to peaceful nuclear power. Anytime we respond with the power of diplomacy or military it will be painted as an aggressive move by Iran and the media. That part of the world are masters at drawing the reaction they want and then capitalizing on it and propagandizing it.

The Iranian leaders want conflict because they know that the part of the world ( The West ) that would engage in that conflict with them no longer has the stomach to fight the type of war it would take to completely and permanently remove the seat of power there. The Mullah's would emerge on the other side much more powerful. Their governmental system is a hybrid between religion and politics and to get rid of the power structure there you'd damn near have to raze it to to the ground. Given what it will take, it will never happen. So all they're going to do is poke and capitalize on our response.

Right or wrong they know that they're going to win this in the press so they will continue to poke.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Longview]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You do not want to know my real feelings on this situation.

I'm not a Jew or a Persian.

I'm an Older almost Fed up US Marine.

then i am sure you would have hated my reply
when i advocated bombing the crap out of US forces if the US went in with Israel?

Bomb all parties envolved (Iran, Israel, and US )

[edit on 12-4-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

All I'm saying is consider your own words and apply them to Iran's potential for developing nukes. It seems to me that many here want Iran to have them whether it's a good thing for the world or not just as long as it's a counter to Israel who has never NUKED anybody but has had possible potential to do so.

More than happy to do so...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Iran already has a small number of nuclear weapons, and if they don't I do hope they have them sooner rather than later...

The Israelis have them as a deterrent, and it is only right and just that Iran be allowed the same given the aggression shown to it by Israel and the US...

Iran is a terrorist state and has a long history of sponsoring terrorism. This is a fact. Whether you choose to believe it or not doesn't negate this reality.

I dont think the world would feel comfortable with an unstable whack job religious zealot that has promised to wipe Israel from the map having their finger on the nuclear button.

Besides, why would they be worried about earthly destruction? Their treasure is in heaven....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Its the whole SCO you should study to understand what forces are lining against US/NATO.

Russia is not one but two - and many more. SCO works in very deep cooperation and we havent hear in years any broke between Russia and China.

Yes - many fronts is front of us:

- Balkan
- Caucasus
- Israel and ME
- Iran / Pakistan
- Korea
- Taiwan
- South America (Venezuela)

Now when Russia (SCO) has shown their stance in Gulf, we all should take a very deep look in to world map - and see US bases in there, and where interests of these two major players are head to head.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Longview

Oh not this 12th Imam crap. I thought we had squashed this weeks ago.
worldnews.about.com...
What he's doing is akin to Christians out there proclaiming the 2nd coming.

As for the "wiped off the map" statement.
www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

It wasn't stated.

Edited because I can't spell while thinking about food.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I agree with slayer that people underestimate the possibility of a nuclear Iran and that it would bring balance. Guess what happens with Egypt and Saudi Arabia, i'll bet and gamble all my money on the fact that they will acquire nukes too.Like we want that to happen.Besides Iran has used chemical weapons before during their war with Iraq/and halabja, although not the large quantities as Iraq.
Israel never used ABC weapons although they had them during Yom Kuppur, Libanon 2006, 6 days
etc.
Non proliferation, it must have it reasons.

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.iranwatch.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Longview

Oh not this 12th Imam crap. I thought we had squashed this weeks ago.
worldnews.about.com...
What he's doing is akin to Christians out there proclaiming the 2nd coming.

As for the "wiped off the map" statement.
www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

It wasn't stated.

Edited because I can't spell while thinking about food.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edition.cnn.com...

Sorry, but he did. Argue semantics if you'd like.

And....I reeeeelay don't think what he's saying is the same as Christians unless you're referring to the branch davidians ( David Koresh ) or something.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Iran has openly declared that they want to see the utter annhilation of Israel. They would celebrate such a thing. Now, if they have nuclear weapons, and first strike capabilities, do you not think they would use them?

Israel, may be using extremely harsh tactics in Gaza, and no doubt the Palestinians are suffering, but Israel has never openlyl proclaimed that all Palestinians should be annhilated? They have never openly called for complete and utter annhilation of any country.

So, who do you think is more likely to use their nukes? A state that has had nukes at their disposal via the US for 50 years, and has shown restraint, or a state that is going against UN Protocol, and developing nukes because every nation on earth is afraid to sell them any. Don't forget that the latter is openly confirming exactly what they will do with the nukes if they do obtain them?!?

Ya, I think it is fairly obvious that Iran with nukes is more dangerous than Israel with nukes.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Should we also remember now that Iran havent attacked against anyone for what - 300 yrs?

There is no base for blaming Iran to be aggressor in Gulf. We have known for years - at least from 2001, where that the sword of USA will turn when time will come - "Axis of Evil" - Yeah, right!

Its all about US hegemony, Zionist banksters domination, and New World Order. WMD:s are once again the same bad excuse, and just Media food for brainwashing masses - to show excuse to drive agenda.

Just 3 years ago US admitted that there is no Nuke program in Iran, and now suddenly everyone is talking about it... Wake up guys!

Dont forget the facts!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join