It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

US Troops?

Only ground troops:
- 100 000 in Afghanistan
- 100 000 in Iraq
- 50 000 as reserves in different locations all around Iran

Another 250 000 could be snd to region in weeks - aint that something?

Lets not forget that first fights (a month) will be fought in air and sea. Thats the time when ground operations has their time to make all preparations ready.

Iran is surrounded from all sides - it will be attacked in all directions.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by SLAYER69

Please enlighten us with the facts, as you seem to think you known them.

Or....alternatively you could just provide us with more sarcastic and scornful posts.

Israel is condemned for "potentially" attacking Iran and the fact that they may or may not have nukes. But Iran is above question about their "potential" nuclear development?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo
The odds of a US and/or Israeli airstrike on Iran on or before June 30 2010 at Intrade.com has shortened from $5.50 to $3.50 in the last two weeks...

Not sure how significant this is given the amount of money that has changed hands, however I intend to keep a close eye on this market in the coming month or two...

I wonder if my bookie would match those numbers. Nothing is a lock I guess, but I could go for a few bucks on this. When I used to go to the racetrack I always looked for horses whose prices dropped.

One horse I remember started off at 15-1, hadn't won a race in two years and hadn't raced this year. It went off at 9/2. I was on it. Wire to wire.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Few alarming latest statements in headlines: (WAR OF WORDS)

'Israel may drag US into new war'

www.presstv.com...

Iran warns UK against meddling

www.presstv.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
[I wonder if my bookie would match those numbers. Nothing is a lock I guess, but I could go for a few bucks on this. When I used to go to the racetrack I always looked for horses whose prices dropped.

One horse I remember started off at 15-1, hadn't won a race in two years and hadn't raced this year. It went off at 9/2. I was on it. Wire to wire.

At the moment the market depth has the bid at $3.30 and the ask at $5.40, so wander on over and have a look

Whoa ! 15's into 9/2 is a huge go, and being on at the 15's is very nice...There was a race in Sydney at the weekend where a horse was backed from $26 on wednesday night into $4.80 at race time, and only got cut down in the last 50m to finish 4th...One of the biggest goes in Australia for a very, very long time..

But I digress...

Anyone who denies Israel has nuclear weapons is either in denial or delibrerately trying to be disingenuous...I think you'll find that 99.9999% of the world agrees Israel has nuclear weapons and I think you'll find Mordechai Vanunu will tell you the same thing...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hmmmm....well considering Israel's past actions in the Middle East, I'd say yes.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

So - Thats it then? Just one hour ago Russia has announced their stance in most debated issue in the world - possible attack to Iran.

Perhaps they feel the incident in Poland has given them some room to move. If there was instability there it would not be good for NATO.

Maybe in exchange for not messing with Poland they want the US to stop messing with Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Just looking, things are coming thick and past right now.... almost as tho people are in a rush to get out as much info (real or otherwise) as possible.

So why the rush all of a sudden??

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You know, accidents happen- Referring to Poland here. But i have this gut feeling there's something going on behind the scenes here. Everywhere the Russians could make a move, they did. Anti-russian Polish government wiped out, Ukraine now led by a pro-Russian party, Kyrgystan as a vital supply line to the Afghan war effort suddenly suffers an uprising, in which the temporary government seeks Russian aid. And now this. Checkmate?

I wouldn't be suprised if something happens with Georgia and the Russians suddenly have all the reason to take Tbilisi, or that it will have the same fate as Kyrgystan and the government is toppled.

I know, all this could be just coincidence, but putting these events together... Well, maybe the red bear is returning?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Hmmmm....well considering Israel's past actions in the Middle East, I'd say yes.

Don't you mean the west bank, Gaza Strip?

Let's be real here, Israel hasn't moved unprovoked outside of the strip. Israel has Killed Palestinians. Iran has killed Iranians.

Edit to add in recent history not the 6 day war.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I would call capturing the Sinai in 1967 "moving out of the strip"...

And the reasons for Israel doing it are irrelevant...It clearly shows they have and could easily again "act outside the strip"...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Fair enough. You posted while I was editing. See above.
An objective opinion is still valid.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Iran wont do anything
even with Nukes there is so much power you can project on others

Iran cant hold the straights their neigbours hostage without getting into a war
and with the Nukes everyone knows if one country uses it its MAD,

so people need to stop digging this hole that Iran will be willing to sacrafice its whole country.

only time a nuke has ever been used is when a country didnt have any to retaliate with. if russia didnt have nukes i am sure the yanks would have used it again if this went from worse to worse.

Both parties have Nukes,
Both parties lose. Nukes great to watch rust and watch money go down the bog

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I would carefully look again all the recent strategical moves now in light of todays news. Russian open stance with Iranian side is groundbreaking difference comparing this to yesterday. That was something we didnt know, just didnt.

Its for fools easy to say now - "I knew it" - but thats a lie, nobody didnt - and so didnt president Obama or Benjamin Netanyahu either. Russia and China is finally pressured to show their cards, which has been secret until now - and we all will have very diffent morning raising tomorrow when counter strikes will take their place.

War has maybe already started - we just dont know that yet.

Politicians will keep smiling to cameras and talking about diplomacy, but thats only because all sides needs time - all the time they can get, to launch their counter measures and lift their prepardness.

There wasnt more peacefull period in diplomacy than just before the WW2 either. Many people also in my country didnt believe any possibility to war, before seen Russian bombers above our capital.

War is always finally great suprise, this time will be not different.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Well then...

It's a good thing that Israel may or may not have them Aye?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well then...

So in spite of the almost immeasurable evidence to the contrary, you're still sprouting the line "It's a good thing that Israel may or may not have them, Aye ?" ?

After that, I have but question...Who's paying you to post this kind of stuff on ATS ?

Because surely no person in their right mind would deny Israel has nuclear weapons in the face of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, unless cash was involved

Edit - grammar

[edit on 12/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

So in spite of the almost immeasurable evidence to the contrary, you're still sprouting the line "It's a good thing that Israel may or may not have them, Aye ?" ?

All I'm saying is consider your own words and apply them to Iran's potential for developing nukes. It seems to me that many here want Iran to have them whether it's a good thing for the world or not just as long as it's a counter to Israel who has never NUKED anybody but has had possible potential to do so.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Please, give Slayer69 right to keep his opinions. He have great history of threads behind him and we have been talking years about many things here.

In many ways we see things differently, yes - but after all - who would know the truth anyway?

Please, use U2U for privat talks and dont poison the thread.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Good on russia and turkey maybe iran can carry on looking after there own without the illuminarti rothchild western banks trying to muscle there way in on the iranian banks

banned bbc video on israel nukes.

www.gilad.co.uk...

[edit on 4/12/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well then...

if the israelis want to kill off their own people along with the Iranians good for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join