It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

en.rian.ru

Any airstrike against Iran by the United States or Israel would be "unacceptable," the chief of the Russian General Staff Nikolai Makarov said on Monday.

"This is a last resort that exists in the plans of both the United States and Israel," Nikolai Makarov said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So - Thats it then? Just one hour ago Russia has announced their stance in most debated issue in the world - possible attack to Iran.

Debate from new air defence deliveries is highly involved here too. That "Mersad" was clearly cover operation for deliveries, announced by Iran yesterday but possibly it was just too weak to last, and Russia is forced to announce their stance about defending Iran - Finally.

Results of this can be devastating. Without a doubt China goes with Russia in this, and this means SCO involvement. China just cant afford to loose Iranian oil and gas, just like I have thought too...

In other hand, it was wise to use Chief Of Staff to give this announcement, so Putin and Medvedev still has their faces left for some diplomacy in future, but as words heard now by commander of Russian army - we have heard Russian official stance after years of speculations.

Anything is possible from now on. Russias actions in Kyrgyzia, Dagestan, Georgia, Serbia... Even in polish flight accident, we can assume that those are hostile to all preparations going on for making possibilities to attack Iran - or any other country.

This breaking news if anything, huh?

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mmmm... This certainly does complicate things, especially since they came out in the open and proclaimed it, instead of just sending diplomatic messages. Combined with Turkey's announcement that they're sending supplies to Gaza, this seems to be putting Israel in a box that is shrinking all the time. The tension must be thick enough in Israel that you'd need a lightsaber to cut it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No sanctions accepted!!! - Russia announcements continues today in breaking news:

Russia's Limits on Iran Sanctions

Moscow would not support broad-based sanctions against major sectors of Iran's economy, measures that might affect the fundamental stability of Iran's political order, or specific measures that would get in the way of Russian economic and security interests.

In the face of these realities, the Obama Administration has already backed down from some of the tougher measures it originally sought to have included in a potential new resolution, to maximize its chances for winning Russian support (and Chinese acquiescence, at least) in the Council.

en.rian.ru...

This is great day for Iranian defences. Russia and China backs them, so if Israel and USA still wants the war - it really will mean WW3 - nothing else.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well it's a GOOD thing he isn't running the US-Israeli show. Once Iran possibly becomes a Nuclear power they can potentially bottleneck the strait or turn on any of their neighbors.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I really wonder what on earth is being said behind the scenes if this is the public face of the whole mess..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

It is indeed great news for Iran, at least its people won't have to suffer as a result of harsh sanctions like the Palestinians do...However, as I said in another post a few days back, I wouldn't trust Russia as far as I could throw them if I were Iran...

And then we have the two most cowardly nations in the world, the US and Israel will keep on posturing toward military action...If the US is such a great proponent of peace and friendship as suggested by many nationalists on this board, then why doesn't it send some of that peace and friendship the Palestinians way ?

Here we have the most persecuted people in the world, and the US lifts not a finger...Like I said, US = world's biggest coward...The US is looking for any excuse to attack Iran along with its out of control Rottweiler Israel and couldn't give two knobs of goat # about peace anywhere in the world...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
President Medvedev backs this openly:

Israeli attack on Iran might lead to nuclear conflict - Medvedev

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has warned Israel against a military attack on Iran, saying it might lead to nuclear war and global disaster.

The United States and Israel have refused to rule out military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to resolve the dispute over Tehran's nuclear program.

In an interview with the ABC News, the Russian leader said an attack on Iran would be "the worst possible scenario" in the Middle East, because "everyone is so close over there that nobody would be unaffected."

"And if conflict of that kind happens, and a strike is performed, then you can expect anything, including use of nuclear weapons. And nuclear strikes in the Middle East, this means a global catastrophe. Many deaths," Medvedev said.

He added that he was uncertain on whether Israel would decide to carry out an airstrike against Iran.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The odds of a US and/or Israeli airstrike on Iran on or before June 30 2010 at Intrade.com has shortened from $5.50 to $3.50 in the last two weeks...

Not sure how significant this is given the amount of money that has changed hands, however I intend to keep a close eye on this market in the coming month or two...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This one more reason for me to suspect that nuke reduction treaty was a way for Russia to "to keep it's friends close but it's enemies closer."

Did you notice the smirk on Mdvyedev's face during the signing?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
President Medvedev backs this openly:

Israeli attack on Iran might lead to nuclear conflict - Medvedev

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has warned Israel against a military attack on Iran, saying it might lead to nuclear war and global disaster.

The United States and Israel have refused to rule out military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to resolve the dispute over Tehran's nuclear program.

The US will never allow Iran the ability to Bottleneck the strait or "Nucleary" [If that's even a phrase] the potential ability to blackmail the worlds oil supply or hold the oil shipments HOSTAGE.

So... Has the cast been made for WWIII?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, it would appear the U.S. wouldn't have to worry about such an action if they left Iran alone. Bottlenecking the strait is only in Iran's interest if they are attacked.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How Naive....

If history has taught us anything it's that power corrupts.

Stay tuned.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I would say the noises from around the globe are there to be heard and seem to be in agreement with you.. whether this is the direction we will take is another matter.. I hope we don't, while fearing we will.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Azerbaijan news gets us something about US/Israeli bombing plans...

US and Israel plan a hit on Iran

Concerns of Iran who submits a complaint to the UN in connection with the fact that United States’ new nuclear program enables to hit a nuclear attack on Iran did not turn out groundless.

Nikolay Makarov, the chief of the General Staff of Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, claimed that he had information at disposal that the US and Israel were planning a bomb hit on Iran.

“This is a measure of last resort which is in plans of both the US and Israel but nobody has the right to allow such development of events as bombardments would have catastrophic consequences for regional and international stability. The Iranian party should hear us as well – that the whole world is concerned with a problem which they are realizing insistently and to some purpose. We should hear Iran and Iran should hear us, the world community, and take measures,” Makarov claimed.

Earlier Michael Mullen, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, stated that military interference would not be able to tackle nuclear problem of Iran. Such point of view dominates now in the American expert community which is discussing actively possible military scenario in connection with on-growing conflict around Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.

If the US or Israel strike a nuclear hit on Iran, then Azerbaijani territory can also be subjected to radio-active pollution and the world risks to lose relict (Caspian sturgeons), the major spawning places of which are concentrated in the coastline of Iran.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yeah good point, we need only look to the United States, for an example of that.

The U.S and Israel have been doing the whole diplomatic thing for a while now. At one point do they say enough is enough and military action is actually undertaken. Not that I want Iran to be attacked though.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by antonia

How Naive....

If history has taught us anything it's that power corrupts.

Stay tuned.

Naive? Really, do you think the Iranians sit around all day thinking "What stupid crap can we do today to piss everyone off". Stopping the strait would not only tick off the U.S., it would tick off most of the Middle east and Europe. There would be a huge bulk of the planet seething in rage at the Iranians. They know that.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by antonia]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't understand how the U.S. justifies it's allegiance to Israel who is known to have undeclared nukes.

We are quick to condemn countries like N. Korea and Iran for their secret nuke programs & weapons. To a somewhat lesser degree, we even ridicule India and Pakistan for their nukes, but never a word about Israeli nukes.

I don't know how anyone can take our position seriously while such discrepancies exist. Either we stand against undeclared nukes or we don't. Israel should be made to declare their nukes and allow for the same inspections as everyone else.

Doesn't anyone find it odd that we are hosting a nuclear security summit and all of the nations who have undeclared nukes, including Israel, are skipping out?

I think it's high time that we take another look at Israel, the mother of false flag operations.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So... Has the cast been made for WWIII?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

Ah slayer, you took the words right out of my brain!

It does in fact seem that the chess board is being set and all the pieces put into place doesn't it? The sides and allegiancies are being drawn up and I fear we may be heading for at best, another Cold War and at worst WWIII.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well I think this is just another cold war bluffing. Nuclear war? Come on...

Why would Russia use nuclear missiles against such a tiny foe as Israel?

If Israel destroys a nuclear facility, is that a reason to attack civilian targets?

Even if Israel and US attempt a takeover of Iran, Russia would probably just join the party and not use dem Nukes, it would be a fine mess without em.

Not that we can fix anything, all just empty talks no huevos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join