It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respected Climatologist Suggests Chemtrails Are Part Of Climategate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Dr. Tim Ball is a retired Climatologist, who is one of the scientists who didn't become part of the IPCC hockey stick club.

Here is an excellent 10 min interview with him discussing the subject in detail, dropping many name for us to research.

Now, I was researching Chemtrails and came across this an article written by him with the word Chemtrail in it. Here is what I found.

Atmospheric Aerosols: Another Major IPCC Omission

By Dr. Tim Ball Monday, April 5, 2010

“A half - truth is a whole lie.” Jewish proverb

The role of aerosols, defined as minute particles suspended in the atmosphere, is one example. They modify atmospheric transparency to incoming and outgoing radiation. Amount of impact varies as volumes, type of material and altitudes change. IPCC Reports have a section on Atmospheric Aerosols but only consider human contributions. Their work is meaningless because we don’t know the natural sources, amounts or variability, so it is impossible to determine the human portion.

Figure 1 shows IPCC estimated atmospheric energy flows. None of the numbers come from actual measurements and other people propose different values and patterns of flow for each segment. They’re static averages on a rotating dynamic planet with important factors left out, such as the shape of the atmosphere, the atmospheric mass, and water vapor in the atmosphere among other things.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/642dadbee8e1.jpg[/atsimg]
Figure 1: IPCC Estimated Global Mean Energy Budget in Wm-2
Source: Kiehl; and Trenberth (1997) used in Fourth Assessment Report (FAR)

Important values related to aerosol are the total “Incoming Solar Radiation” (342 Wm-2), the 67 Wm-2 “Absorbed by the Atmosphere,” and 77 Wm-2 “Reflected by Clouds, Aerosols and Atmosphere” The latter is a strange concoction that underscores the crude nature of the knowledge.

In an attempt to deal with the problem the www.asp.bnl.gov...” title=“US Atmospheric Science Program”>US Atmospheric Science Program (ASP) “…has as its long-term goal developing comprehensive understanding of the atmospheric processes that control the transport, transformation, and fate of energy related trace chemicals and particulate matter. The current focus of the program is aerosol radiative forcing of climate: aerosol formation and evolution and aerosol properties that affect direct and indirect influences on climate and climate change. “

As NASA scientist Mian Chan says, “The influence of aerosols on climate is not yet adequately taken into account in our computer predictions of climate.” “An improved representation of aerosols in climate models is essential to more accurately predict the climate changes.” These programs raise concerns about experiments with government controlling weather and combines with debates about “chemtrails” and aircraft condensation trails.

(bold added by me)
canadafreepress.com...

For supporting evidence, I found this article,

In 2000, the US called for an international gathering of climatologists under the umbrella of the UN-Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to present the positive results gained from the application of this geoengineering technique over the entire North American continent from 1991 to 2000, which it claimed decreased the warming of the region by 70 to 80 percent.

The US proposed “The Shield Project” as an effective global solution for the global warming phenomenon. The project would employ international flight companies and equip airplanes with the tanks and systems required to spray chemtrails, which would be released during the planes' standard and defined flight itineraries to cover the planet with this chemical shield.

In 2004, Monir el-Husseini, professor of environmental protection and director of the research park at Cairo University's Faculty of Agriculture at Cairo University, was the first to report on chemtrails reaching the Mediterranean and North Africa region, when he witnessed them himself.

"The first time I noticed the chemtrails was on the first day of Eid el-Adha in late 2004 when I was vacationing in Ain el-Sokhna," says el-Husseini, "I woke up early and, looking out at the sea, noticed the planes spraying their white chemical trails in the sky in a crisscross pattern."

Recognizing what he was witnessing because of his prior research into the topic, he quickly set up his camera and tripod and began documenting the trail and its dispersion in 15-minutes intervals.

www.almasryalyoum.com...

So again, we have another higher educated individual who sees the Chemtrails. These people are not idiots, as the debunker would have people think. They just
care.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I guess the debunkers have the day off.

Or...

It's kinda tough to debunk one of their own.

Trails in sky make some ask why

Davis urges people to start becoming aware of the chemtrails, watching the skies with their binoculars. They can use the Web site which tracks flights, www.flightaware.com, to see which aircraft are accounted for and which aren’t. He said typically after a grid pattern is spotted, that there will be a foggy haze and that people may report increased breathing or sinus problems.

www.beloitdailynews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

So again, we have another higher educated individual who sees the Chemtrails.

No, all this proves is that Tim is aware that some people equate contrails to 'chemtrails' - just as I am.

Just because we use the term chemtrail does not mean that we beleive they are anything other than normal contrails!

But if you want to believe otherwise, who am I to deny you your faith?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

So again, we have another higher educated individual who sees the Chemtrails.

No, all this proves is that Tim is aware that some people equate contrails to 'chemtrails' - just as I am.

Just because we use the term chemtrail does not mean that we beleive they are anything other than normal contrails!

But if you want to believe otherwise, who am I to deny you your faith?

Is "Tim" a friend of yours? You speak as if you know him.

I emailed him to see if he could clarify his statement, and the use of the term Chemtrails.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No, not personally.

btw that second article you linked to is pretty worrying - because people, especially in less well educated nations - will read stuff and believe it. Loved the bit about the guy getting killed because he turned his mobile phone on when a chemtrail was too close to the ground

I've seen some quite weird ideas about global warming and climate change come out of Africa over the past year.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

No, not personally.

Soo, how can you make this statement?

We? You speak for Dr. Ball now?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Your title is misleading.

"Climategate" refers to a specific event, the emails Leaked/hacked/whatever from the CRU.

To my knowledge there i s no mention of chemtrails in these emails.

It's certainly possible that Tim Ball acknowledges chemtrails as a phenomena.
I vaguely seem to remember him mentioning it in his interview with Red ice Creations: www.redicecreations.com...

But I don't remember exactly. the interview is worth a listen though.

top topics

join