It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not taking things in this world seriously

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A common complaint i get from other people is that i do not take things seriously. I make a joke out of everything. They say i do not comprehend the seriousness of the situation. I just look at them funny and say "But it isn't serious! Nothing is serious here!" I doubt it matters if i get the TPS report in on time. Sure in the literal sense, but does it honestly matter in the broader sense? I will not starve unless i'm supposed to. I won't be killed unless i'm supposed to. So if there's a larger scheme, why should the very mundane and unserious things in this world be taken seriously? What is your philosophy?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It is great that you are not serious; we all need to be like you. The common problem is if you are affecting others people’s lives like not handing in a report on time. That can affect other people’s lives, and make their lives very stressful. Because let’s face it we all can't be like you.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When it comes to taking things seriously, ask yourself "will whatever situation really matter or even affect things in ten years times?"
Maybe then you can begin to know whether it is serious or not.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yeah, people tell me i'm lazy, but i just laugh to myself and think that it depends on your definition of lazy. if laziness is a reluctance to do meaningless tasks that don't matter in the grand scheme of things, then yes i guess i'm lazy. But if i have an opportunity to help out for the greater good, by all means i'll do anything i can to help. I just have to look out for the damsel in distress, and then my every thought is going to helping out.

If things continue to fall apart, i think people will be surprised at how well i would work through it. I seemed to be 'wired' for disaster situations, i just know what to do. I'm sure many people thrive in this current world, but would be clueless of what to do in a world not in total order. I'm just glad i'm on the flipside

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I always say "There are no REAL problems" even in the result of a death i feel like they have been released and returned home. That doesn't mean death still isn't sad, but not to sad.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

o ya there are real problems seriously but the point here is to say the knowledge of your disability to do anything for or about
and if that justify your tears lightly of your positive heart as all you can give to yourself and around it, it cant justify seriousness that a lot grasp then to pretend doing anything for themselves and around

only tears do and nothing else so stop lying, and tears of the heart which mean no drop coming out of the eye only gestures of trembling while meaning a hand to give that wont do anything much more than a serious intention existence freedom that would never be alive as a choice

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I find similar "comfort" here at ATS sometimes, but not so much out in everyday life. I guess it has something to do with presentation - here I try to influence thought processes via communication. Sometimes that upsets a worldview or two. But away from ATS, I just watch and try not to interact too much with the rest of the ants in the farm too much - most folks have little clue my mind is on the other side of the glass anyway!

Sounds like you're enjoying your reality, don't worry too much if others don't enjoy theirs so much, they'll get over it if they don't think you're having too much fun at their expense.

gj

edit spelling

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

me it is the opposite i found comfort much more in the real world, then anywhere on the net where obviously everyone is meaning something to himself and act completely regardless to any abstraction of objective others existence there

but i use the net for myself especially of what i am forced to in this time where the world is falling a part from gods for whatever means that humiliate existing beings like me by killing their lives as if they never counted as existing

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Hey that's why I put comfort in quotes - my implication was exactly as you suggest, there's a lot of discomfort expressed online. Interaction with daily life outside is much more comfortable, I understand well enough not to put too much of myself "out there" mentally about things that go on in real life. Call it a mindset call it detachment - on certain things like the economy where's I haven't the slightest illusion of control and can definitely feel the movement in my gut, I know it's just a matter of time, ride that wave, as long as I watch where my thoughts are going I'm steering as best I can.

On your other thought, in a physical sense I'd like to leave the world untouched by my existence, no markers, no obits, no recognition that anything had occurred of significance. That's the legacy I want to leave on the physical world.

Ouch, huimiliation hurts - don't go there! If you've ever endured the experience of someone actively trying to talk you into humiliation, you know the visceral response that happens. If you just don't buy their argument and laugh at the attempt, many times the humiliation is "on the other foot".

If you were speaking metaphorically, then seek another one that's more pleasing to you - the idea that something/someone may be directing or responsible for what actually happens may be truth, but the notion that the situation requires you to feel a certain way is just another idea you can choose to hold or cast away.

gj

edit format, spelling, closing thought

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

you dont understand you are like everyone here, you cant say anything but for yourself interests, i never mean myself intersts of what i say, i say only objective reality truth, words are for that and not to use them for any pretense service

humiliations are done objectively taht is how i precise being of gods done for that time and not from anyone else, but you insisted to step on my words to serve yourself from by meaning ridiculous sense of feeling superior giving advice to a weak tortured one

hey tortured one can tell the truth of tortures when he didnt torture himself stop thinking that he would think as an handicapped and you better one

persons are only what they fully realize from knowing something real and of course from their free conception true full moves as living free ones

i am out of here anyway it is obvious how i hate that site

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Um whaa?

Could you rephrase that for me? I can't seem to follow everything you said.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
better to get things done at your own pace right instead of hurried and incomplete. You can't think clearly if you get upset, you need to take action and thats difficult while crying over something

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

intellectual properties are rights defended by laws and courts and not a site belonging that administrator decide to put in trash

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

i wish that everyone get what it deserve litterally and truly

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

what matter is objective source and not you being happy or upset, the effects of your state is to you alone and not to anything else not even to reality of yourself as objective one

and that is how upset or not any move of you is absolutely your true reality and that is why you pick something infront of you while another choose his tears

stop suiting yourselves from what true ones cant do anything objectively and deform the whole level truth separating you from

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well back to the topic...I think it's a great atitude that you have OP.
Too many people blow things way out of proportion and stress out over things that like you said, in the big picture don't really matter all that much. Being too serious and stressed can even precipitate a heart attack
. Life is too short. If life isn't at least enjoyable, then why even get out of bed in the morning?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I used to be an extremely serious person, then I died, in a very real and literal sense, for 6 minutes. After that I adopted an " all things are as they should be" attitude and I have been so much the better for it, because really, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how much you make, what clothes you wear, who said what about you. What matters most is what you do with the time you have, and not being so caught up in everything around you that you end up not seeing the forest for the trees.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

you confuse so many different things to suit yourself life, objective reality being independant of you dont mean that you must be a happy living then

actually it has nothing to do with being sad or happy, the op is just saying that there is a lot more then what you think your life is made from and that is why it look biaised the whole time

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

You don't have to attack me for my own personal beliefs, or the fact that I agree with the poster. This is a perfect example of taking things way too seriously dude. Relax, I haven't attacked you at all. Don't get offended over literally nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

that is my point how you are not agreeing with anyone here but only pretend that to suit yourself means alone
it is ok to suit yourself but then admit it being your personnal beliefs and dont use others words to confirm a justification you never realized

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join