It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as Russia sells its missile system to Iran - Exclusive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Fury as Russia sells its missile system to Iran - Exclusive

[URL=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/12/fury-as-russia-sells-its-missile-system-to-iran-exclusive-115875-22179865/]www.mirror.co.uk[/ URL]

The S-300's surface-to-air rockets can hit many targets at once, including in-coming cruise missiles, making any Western or Israeli strike on Iran much more difficult.

News of the multi-billion pound deal with Moscow has caused fury and fear among Western powers as they desperately try to stop the country developing nuclear weapons.

An intelligence source told The Mirror: "In the game of bluff and counter-bluff this is bad news for Israel and the West.

The S-300, which Iran has been trying to buy since 2005, can hit a target at 100 miles and will be delivered to them within months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Finally. Will FINALLY Russia supplies Iran with S-300s or is it another ``delivery annoucement`` that will not happen?

We'll see... But if true, it will either accelerate the Israeli strike on Iran, deter Israel from attacking, or force Israel to use tactical nukes launched from their Dolphin-class submarines off Iran's coast, opening the nuclear pandora box.

Hopefully Iran will get the S-300s, won't develop nukes and the Israeli/Obama threats against Iran will stop and semi-balance will come to the middle-east with Israel still having the edge with it's 300 nukes.

This is connected :
Russian military chef says Iran bombing inadmissible

If this report is true, then it just adds to the growing list of actions by the Russians in the last few months to reassert their powers... Overthrowing the Kyrgyzstan government, election of a neutral-pro-Russia candidate in Ukraine, possible assassination of the polish government...

Well it is sure an interesting development, but I've seen dozen of those reports over the years that claimed that Russia were about to deliver the goods to Iran, and none ever came true...

[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/12/fury-as-russia-sells-its-missile-system-to-iran-exclusive-115875-22179865/]www.mirror.co.uk[/ url]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Finally. Will FINALLY Russia supplies Iran with S-300s or is it another ``delivery annoucement`` that will not happen?

We'll see... But if true, it will either accelerate the Israeli strike on Iran, deter Israel from attacking, or force Israel to use tactical nukes launched from their Dolphin-class submarines off Iran's coast, opening the nuclear pandora box.

Hopefully Iran will get the S-300s, won't develop nukes and the Israeli/Obama threats against Iran will stop and semi-balance will come to the middle-east with Israel still having the edge with it's 300 nukes.

This is connected :
Russian military chef says Iran bombing inadmissible

If this report is true, then it just adds to the growing list of actions by the Russians in the last few months to reassert their powers... Overthrowing the Kyrgyzstan government, election of a neutral-pro-Russia candidate in Ukraine, possible assassination of the polish government...

Well it is sure an interesting development, but I've seen dozen of those reports over the years that claimed that Russia were about to deliver the goods to Iran, and none ever came true...

[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/12/fury-as-russia-sells-its-missile-system-to-iran-exclusive-115875-22179865/]www.mirror.co.uk[/ url]

The S-300's will give Iran only more incentive to get brewing and cooking something underneath that umbrella, and accelerate their progtam..It just shows what good sports the Russians are, voting or abstaining from voting for sanctions and then doing something like this, it will only increase the chance of an Israeli or US uni[or bi-]lateral action.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How dare those Iranians buy defensive missiles.... damn their oily Persian hides!

An unnamed Israeli source was quoted as saying "America needs to get the hell in there and fight another war for us, we haven't spent years paying off those Goy politicians for nothing. They better act soon or we start releasing the embarrassing negatives and phone taps!"

Ok, I made that up... but it's on a par with a lot of the "reporting" in the press these days. Unnamed sources, quotes from government / military spokespeople made on the understanding of anonymity etc....etc.... Absolutely no evidence, no verifiable evidence of anything. Mind you, I guess if the government expects us to just take their word on everything, then the press should be allowed to play that game too.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Your link is missing, my friend!

We already have discussions going on in two separate threads:

Once again, S-300 missiles promised to Iran

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And its very possible cover operation:

Iran brings 'Mersad' missile on stream

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today Iran announced from new radars to be placed in Gulf:
www.presstv.com...

Story is really breaking if it turns out that Russia is involved - Russian involvement to help Iranian defences will be first clear sign in years that SCO has taken crusial opposition is against NATO/USA.

I think "Mersad" is in fact S-300, not domestic missile system like said in media, but in real - Russia is arming Iran now and fast - maybe even with S-400s?

China just bought A WEEK ago with 2,5 billion those systems - but are those really gone to China, or just went to... Iran?

China buys air defense systems from Russia

www.reuters.com...

- i really think we have something to worry... Large scale.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well, if things come to a fight...now, at least it'll be a fair fight. Or at least closer to a fair fight.

My opinion? Both sides in this issue are led by a bunch of pricks. If they want a fight, at least Iran has the brains to even the odds as best they can. And we all know, nuclear weapons or no, if the pricks on the other side want a war with Iran, they'll get it.

Good for Iran, I say.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Those monsters! Only we can supply missiles and nukes to countries we feel will back us up.(sarcasm)

Russia and China are simply helping secure the resources. The game is to try to collect as much resources before the enemy takes it over. We seen it in Afghanistan when the Russian invaded. We backed them up to gain the oil, so now Russia is strategically moving closer to Iran.

They will not let us invade and take over another resource.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
good for them ,maybe now america will think twice before invading another country purely for profit .
america does not want other countries to have these weapons because it makes them harder to invade.
america is the biggest threat to a peaceful existence that this planet has ever experienced .
if there is a problem between the governments of two countries, then let the people in government do the fighting .

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the only piece of the puzzle left is when exactly will the higher ups shall be hiding in there caves when they throw this all out war against iran and iran defends its self with the worlds top defense system. anyone else seeing this picture unfolding? owe then, most of our service members that did not want to fight in the first place are literaly wiped out, then comes foreign forces into america. not sure about you, but my gut is screaming at me that things are not going to go well soon!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'm not sure i like what i'm reading these days on ATS... too much news about Country's negotiating over weapons... this may not be anything new but this is a concern when it involves Nuke Weapons... especially Russian/Iran/China negotiations... that's 2 big superpowers allying with Iran by the looks of it... hmmm this could go off big time soon... and if it does then we'll all be paying for it (in more ways than one).

Flagged

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Funny Story.

Medvedev just stated that Iran's nuclear program should be closely monitored and it is Russia who is helping them build their reactors.

Hello left hand, meet right hand...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Your country is being threatened with potential military strikes.

You can either:

A) Roll over like a dog and accept it.

B) Buy some defensive armaments.

Haahaahah the West is furious. Serves them right.
Did they think Russia was going to toe the American-Israeli line and not sell these systems to Iran?

[edit on 12/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Rossyna Rodina

(dear admins, I was told to post that one line phrase whenever we needed more vodka and ammunition delivered to the facility)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by seataka]

new topics

top topics

join