It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I read somewhere else that a pilot lost his job for a very simular thing not long ago. Where the Polish PM ordered him to land in foggy conditions, but the pilot refused and diverted. Maybe this pilto remembered that and didn't want to get fired.
Originally posted by dampnickers
This is a very curious claim to make.
I have NEVER heard of a pilot refusing to heed a safety warning such as this.
How was your yesterday's conversation with the crew?
- They were asked to go to the alternate. They refused.
- You offer them?
- For what reason?
- Because I watch the weather began to deteriorate.
- And what was the response?
- Answer: "I have enough fuel , I'll do one pass and go to the alternate aerodrome, if not i land down."
- And we had information that he was invited to sit in other cities.
- It's me he also offered.
- And why did he resign?
- He had to ask.
- Why they took such a decision? They began to curse, or may actively insisted on his point that you could not change his mind?
- This was a decision the commander.
- What's next? He said that he would leave for another round and go to the alternate aerodrome, right?
- No, he said that if you do not sit down, then goes to the alternate.
- And your actions have any further?
- The rest as they say. Can not you talk more.
- But what happened next? They cut the connection?
- No, why? He was long connected.
- What are they talking about?
- What are the commands I gave - they are first informed, and then ceased to give any information ...
- They stopped to listen to your team?
- They must give a receipt, but they did not let him.
- And what was the a receipt?
- Data on height during the landing approach.
- They did not even give you information about the height of the plane? - Yes.
- And what is the risk that they will not give a receipt?
- Radio communications with the crew being on radioobmenu they must give a receipt.
- Well, why did not they give this receipt?
- Well how do I know? Because they are not fluent in Russian.
-Nobody among the crew was not Russian speaker?
- There were Russian-speaking, but their numbers - it is quite difficult.
- So you did not have any information about their height?
- So it turns out that he once again turned around, went to the landing, did not sit down, and then went to the alternate? Or differently?
- No, no, different. One circle was all. Then he went to the landing.
- And go up to the landing, you are forbade him?
- I could not deny, I recommended to him that it does not need to do so!