It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Linn (OR) MUFON 3/19/10 Case Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ok..Stright from Oregon MUFON...

West Linn Cruising Triangle Close Encounter Case Report

UFO Description: A woman, walking her dog, saw a low-flying, classic triangle UFO right outside the front door to her home.

Witness(es): Joan Tellerman (pseudonym).

Time and Date: March 19, 2010, at about 8:15 PM

Duration: About 15 seconds

Place: West Linn, Oregon

Weather: Clear sky, visibility 10 miles; wind: NNE, 8.1 mph; temperature 57 degrees

Case Report: Investigated by Keith Rowell. see link on webpage for detailed report (long download)

Brief Narrative

As Joan Tellerman (pseudonym) was getting ready to take her dog out for a walk, she had the odd, fleeting thought that she should take a camera but didn't because she's not a picture-taker and didn't even have a cellphone with a camera. Mere seconds later just as she was going outside her front door, she heard the neighborhood dogs barking and howling in a rather unusual way.

Then she looked up and saw a classic triangular, low-flying UFO. It was very close to the ground at perhaps a hundred to two hundred feet above her as it followed a straight line path from SE to NW. She got the impression that it was just clearing the trees and she expected it to crash, but it didn't.

It was going away from her so she ran across the street in front of her home to follow its direction. It was heading away fast and was about to be obscured by trees so she jogged to her left to find a better opening in the trees. That's when she last saw it. During the 15 seconds or so that she saw it, she got a very good look at its underside. She clearly saw that it was "metallic and industrial-looking, like a military tank." It was illuminated but not brightly so.
source

There's a sketch of what she saw, and it definately matches some of the other trangle UFO's floating around the net.

Last summer, I was on Germantown Rd. (not the old one) and happen to look to left since I was heading back to Hillsboro and was a the spot of a big pasture with a farm below, kinda nestled back along the treeline. As I glanced over, I thought I saw an what seemed to be an eagle or big bird; I slowed down, glaced over again and watched this 'black' shape floating just above the tree tops.

It definately looked 'kinda' triangle shaped, but, before I had to turn I noticed that it's was flaping it's wings to fly and definately was moving as fast as if a large hawk/eagle would be. It was in slow hover. This was a good 500ft away.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well, it's a cool story and I do enjoy reading about these types of encounters, but a smoking gun it isn't, unfortunately. Without pics or video there's no way to tell if it was a true unknown or just a misidentification.

But in any case, it's still interesting stuff, S&F.

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's great to see an account with so much detail. I believe there are ETs but is this one? No one knows. Maybe she did see it, maybe she misidentified it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wow, that sounds almost exactly like my most closest sighting. I bet she's had other more personal experiences with their occupants/pilots prior to this that she hasn't disclosed. Wish I could talk to her.

BTW, to the other poster, you won't ever get a smoking gun. Trying to prove these things to others is a fool's errand and a complete waste of time and energy. There are far more enlightening things you can do that will prove it to yourself... your own experiences.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Very simular to my sighting back in the mid/late 90s.

I agree with Flux8, there will never be a video which is classed as the smoking gun, as there are too many people who flat out refuse to see any video as anything other than CGI or missidentification. You see it all the time with videos on here, someone films something, then gets accused to faking it. I wonder why people bother sometimes.

Shame this lady didn't go with her intuition and take the camera, but hey ho, that's life.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Originally posted by Flux8
BTW, to the other poster, you won't ever get a smoking gun. Trying to prove these things to others is a fool's errand and a complete waste of time and energy. There are far more enlightening things you can do that will prove it to yourself... your own experiences.

Wasn't trying to be a smartass with my reply, so I'm not sure why you're being hostile, but I'll reply anyway.

For the record, I firmly believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life, and I do believe there will eventually be an undeniable, verifiable encounter.

Until then, as interesting as it may be to myself and others, hearsay is just that: something that can neither be confirmed nor refuted, and (and no offense to the OP, and thanks again for posting, these are interesting stories) these types of stories just aren't helping.

$0.02, like it or not.

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That is a highly populated area - Metro suburb - there isn't any direction (except straight up) that this could go and not fly over hundreds of thousands of people in the Metro-Portland-Vancouver area. Are there no other sightings reported?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

not sure Lady, I had posted this at work but, there is a full download of the entire reprot on that OP link ..

what's intresting is..

she made a sketch of this UFO...it's at the bottom of the page..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
After looking at her sketch, which looks like the supposed TR3B, and compared to the sightings I've had, I think this may be one of ours. All of the craft I've seen were self illuminated/glowing, and didn't have any distinctive light sources underneath.

BTW Associate. I didn't think I was being hostile. Sorry if it read like I was.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

My mistake, man.

I probably had a little too much coffee that day.

On topic, you may be onto something with the TR3B theory. Judging from the drawing and the description, what the witness saw sounds a lot like this.

TheAssoc.

new topics

top topics

join