It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just the son of a preacher man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hey. So you can call me Ezra. I'm the son of a preacher man out in Connecticut. Actually I'm also the grandson, great grandson, twice great grandson.....you get the idea. Family's been spreading the Word (just like smallpox in the Sudan) out in Connecticut and Virginia for just about forever. But enough about my family. We're not really on speaking terms these days.

I'm not, as the more discerning may have discerned, a preacher man. I've been a janitor, a bassist in several doomed punk bands, a night security guard, a convenience store clerk, a waiter, and always a writer/journalist (which hasn't always paid the bills). I've also had a few more sordid jobs and hobbies that it isn't really right to mention in public space right now. At the moment, I'm working on a book about cults and their influence in America, which is by turns fascinating, terrifying, and exhilarating.

I've read the boards here off and on for a long time. Looking forward to contributing what I can, where I can. Peace and punk rock.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Heya there Ezra

Welcome to ATS and looking forward to hearing some of your findings on your research.

~Tragic~

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Before some one else posts it.

WELCOME!

Have fun around the boards.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I understand your position. My Dad was a son of a preacher man, who was also a full-time farmer. Dad never got into it. I think he was not strung tight enough for the social pressures. WWI sorta changed his mood away from hearth and home. Hence, I am loosely Christian, not being a church-goer but definitely believe in God.

Welcome to ATS. The meaning of ATS may change for you as you go along. I look at it as All That S*** and then some. There is a helluva lot of bogus crap on here, sprinkled with some really great stuff. Too bad they can't separate them, save us some time.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EzraBuckley

Hey there Ezra ... I'm liking you already.

Welcome to our glorious place here at ATS ... enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Woody

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hi Ezra - who could call their kid Ezra?

OK, so preachers could and did.

You know what I think about preachers? I think they are honest and probably misguided.

I hope you have a nice life.

By the way, if you want to stay sane, stay off this website.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Hi EzraBuckley, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

[edit on 12/4/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ahhhh...a fellow appreciator of punk. Being in my 50s, I saw the rise of punk
and was fascinated from the get-go. I'm an amateur guitarist, and I had a band back in the college days.
(late 70s - early 80s)

Some of the music is timeless and is more relevant now than it was 30 years ago! Although I have a very wide appreciation of the musical spectrum, I still need a daily fix of The Pistols, The Clash or The Dead Kennedys.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The only boy who could ever teach me/ Was the son of a preacher man/
Yes he was, he was, ooh yes he was.
Lyrics of Son of a Preacher Man
by Aretha Franklin

That song popped into my head as soon as I found your introduction. Take the words not as a cheap come on as I am an old woman and very happy with my man. To me, that song is just very sexy and sensual.

OK now that I have regained my composure I give you a great big welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

top topics

join