It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb explodes near Northern Ireland army base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Car bomb explodes near Northern Ireland army base

news.bbc.co.uk

A car bomb has exploded near an Army base in Holywood, County Down, forcing the evacuation of several homes.

The blast seems to have been timed to coincide with the precise moment that policing and justice powers devolved from Westminster to Stormont.

It happened at about 0020 BST outside Palace Barracks, where MI5 has its NI headquarters. A warning was given.

Dissident republicans have been blamed for the attack. An elderly man was treated in hospital for minor injuries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
How very curious.

Dissident republicans have been blamed for the attack? Are they serious?

These are the very people, we are told, that want a united Ireland.

It makes no sense what so ever for these people to be planting a bomb outside the HQ of MI5 in Northern Ireland.

The article also says that "a warning was given". When the IRA were bombing the mainland, the warnings were always coded, and given to the police. This was ALWAYS reported. Now it is simply "a warning was given"... by whom, and to whom? Was it coded?

In the day and age where you cannot blink without being caught on CCTV here in the islands of Great Britain, it is unbelieveable that a taxi was hijacked, and parked outside the MI5 HQ without it being on CCTV. Perhaps we will get single frames in order to "identify" a mystery object labelled "taxi" just as we have in the past (Pentacon, London, etc.)

It is unbelievable that "a warning was given" without it being recorded. It would make perfect sense for this recording to be played over the news service in order to help illicit an identification from the public, one of which might know who this is...

Too many questions. Far too many.

Any comments?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Another question: The timeline....

The taxi was hijacked at 21:50 BST.

The driver was held hostage by three men, according to the article, for about two hours.

This takes us to 23:50. Presumably it was during these two hours when the bomb was placed in the taxi

The driver is then told to drive the taxi to the barracks.

There is no mention of whether or not these three men were still in the car. Although, if the radio report I have just heard on BBC Radio 2 is to be believed then the men simply threatened the taxi driver and told him to take the car to the army barracks or his family would be harmed.

The taxi is hijacked about 7 miles from the base, and it is then driven to the Holywood barracks. Now assuming that there are a few junctions and traffic lights to go through, I am estimating a journey time of fifteen to twenty minutes.

This now takes us to 00:05/00:10 BST.

Which makes one wonder how it is that security services could begin evacuating the area before midnight.

Another thing that hasn't been reported, is that the taxi driver would be held for questioning, to help with enquiries... there's no mention of this in the report.

The bomb went off at about 00:20 BST. This means we have a window of just ten minutes when security staff were alerted and started to evacuate the area.

Now, I'm assuming 2-3 minutes for the driver to alert a soldier/security on the base, and a further 2-3 minutes for the alaram to be raised and people to mobilise and evacuate....

Questions, questions, questions.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
news.sky.com... _Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15599530_Explosion_In_Vehicle_Behind_Palace_Barracks_In_Holywood_Belfast_-_Police

Details from Sky News...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

The article also says that "a warning was given". When the IRA were bombing the mainland, the warnings were always coded, and given to the police. This was ALWAYS reported. Now it is simply "a warning was given"... by whom, and to whom? Was it coded?

Yep i am irish living in london, and i have lived with electronic mind control monitoring for 18 years. I cannot go and take a pee without them knowing it.

You telling me i go through this and the english do not do the same to all those irish over there.

The english knew it would happen fact, and the english are still torturing irish people all over british isles.

Amazing how the news reports this, and they know full well the english would of known about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy, what can I say, this is getting truly ridiculous.

As usual all you have to offer is unsubstantiated anti-English rhetoric.

Please start a thread on your alleged suffering and maybe then we can stop derailing threads because this is getting pathetic!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

You telling me i go through this and the english do not do the same to all those irish over there.

The english knew it would happen fact, and the english are still torturing irish people all over british isles.

Amazing how the news reports this, and they know full well the english would of known about it.

Andy, I'm surprised you said such a thing.

I'm "English" and I have never nor would I ever torture any one from Ireland. In fact I have come very close friends that are Irish.

Yet, if your comment is to be believed, all English people torture the Irish.

I'd put real money on a bet here: If we deleted the governments and flags of both countries I'm guessing that it wouldn't matter one jot where you came from.

Why?

Well, we are all human beings. It's about time people realised this.

The violence is as a result of people believing that governments have some say in their lives. I have not allowed the Government at Westminster any say in my life of almost two years now, and I have to say, that it's made me much happier, and less angry these days.

Try it; you might like it.

Oh, and if you're in London, and want to see how we "English" truly are, PM me, and lets go for a beer sometime! I'd love to show you that it doesn't matter where you come from, because we can still have a beer together! (Or a fruit juice if you don't drink)

All the best. DN

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

The evecuation was STILL HAPPENING when the bomb went off. They give and always have given warnings but are barely enough to get people to safety.
Sometimes the bombs themselves are warnings or a 'show of strength' to show they're not 'off the map'.
However, the 'Real' IRA are nothing but thugs with no agenda but muder and maim to scare.
These are the people claiming responsibility for the cold-blooded murder of young soldiers at another barracks in Belfast as they collected a pizza outside. They then shot the delivery driver....

news.bbc.co.uk...

These dissident Republicans have no support and are still clinging to an era when violence ruled our streets.
They may want a united Ireland but with tactics like this, they seggregate themselves from the rest of society.
We've come further on than that and I reckon I can speak for most if not all of us from Northern Ireland when I say that we will NOT be dragged back into that myopic way of thinking.

Bombs and bullets aren't the way forward.
Truely saddening.

Much love...

new topics

top topics

join