I'm filled with fear.... any suggestions on how to make this feeling go away?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

damn dude.... great post.

thanks.

I think I pretty much agree with everything you just said.

I know a family (4 children, Black, Christian).... and they do home schooling... I'm So proud of them, because ALL children need to be with a parent during the day... not a public school filled with "God Knows what."

Anything can happen in a public school these days.

just about anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Hi Doomsday 2012,

I too suffered from exterme anxiety and social anxiety. Infact it is only after the past month that the anxiety has left me. I no longer have fear about what is in store for me, i feel mostly comfortable around others now and i dont tend to worry about my health so much anymore. What you posted was pretty much me for the past year or two, everyday without fail. I got CBT at my local Dr's office but that didnt work, all it did was make merealise even more that anxiety is all created by the self. I dont know precisely what i did but i can give you a list of the things that i now do and the things i let go off and maybe you can see if these might be applicable to you?

Things i stopped doing...

1. I quit my job, the 9-5 routine and office bullying/politics became too much to handle (major cause of anxiety)
2. Stopped all coffee, alcohol and fizzy drinks still drink tea though!
3. Started doing more exercize, mainly walking as it is good for your heart!
4. Stopped Googling medical issues that i thought i had due to the symptoms of anxiety

Things i started doing...

1. I found the LAW OF ONE MATERIAL (this has totally and profoundly changed me perspective on life and existance and has led me to the path i am on now, its almost like i had to suffer to find it or i would never have found it)
2. Started taking Co-enzyme Q10 (mental health), Omega 3-6-9 (joints and vitality), Vitamin B Complex (many illnesses and anxiety caused by slight vit B deficiency) and Garlic capsules (general immunity increase).
3. Started to ignore peoples thoughts of me, i too suffered from the whole eye-contact thing but it seems to have relaxed a bit as i have become more positive
4. Instead of ever thinking about me i have started to think about everyone else first, this has made my feeling towards others reverse, so instead of thinking people are aware of me, i make myself aware of them by helping them and smiling at them.

By no means am i trying to premote the Law of One but i honestly must tell you that it has totally changed my life, i now feel happy towards other people all the time and because of this i have began feeling better. The anxiety has 90% reduced and the social anxiety has reduced by about 80%. I am not saying you should follow my path as everyones is different but it might be worth while trying some of my approaches as the did andcontinue to work or me.

p.s. i would suggest you remain off of medication if you feel strong enough because although people will tell you there are no side effects, all it does is mask the problem, as soon as you come off them which can be very hard because they are addictive, your anxiety will get far far worse. You need to find the core reason for it. Your anxiety is caused by your sensitivity to the world and people. If you can reduced that sensitivity by substituting it with something else such as a hobby, service to others etc you should see an improvement.

One thing i must reitterate to you though is...

YOU ARE NOT ILL

You are perfectly fine, all you need to do is reset your anxiety level thermostat (however you do that is your choice).

Fingers crossed for you!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The fear is there because other people have created it.

Just know that you are unique in the universe. You are the only person who is you.

Do not rely on others to make you feel better, rely on yourself and your knowledge.

Because you are you, you are here for a reason.

Make that reason matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Martial arts,
start a build up muscle program
start to face fears by having some arguments with people up front and personal.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
The fear is there because other people have created it.

Just know that you are unique in the universe. You are the only person who is you.

Do not rely on others to make you feel better, rely on yourself and your knowledge.

Because you are you, you are here for a reason.

Make that reason matter.

Well I think cat-who-knows

really did put an end to this thread...

because that is the truth.

Except... it just seems like I'm a very unique individual... why does my uniqueness have to more extreme than others?... because it seems like I have to gravitate my lifestyle to what "seems normal" quote on quote.

And that's what I've been doing... I've been hanging out with the masses.... I've been hanging out with society.

You know... this opinion I have about American Society is probably my biggest problem.... and the truth is I don't like what we've done with our freedoms.

Maybe humanity needs some sort of balance between "being free" and being "controlled"..... and that actually might be the purpose of life it's self.... how to understand the nature of "balance".

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yes, work-outs can be amazingly good.

Do a few work-outs and you will forget that anxiety.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
In Buddhism they would say you are suffering from "wandering mind", which means it's always darting from one idea to another, never stopping, always distracting you. For some the ideas are greed, desire, anger, but for you it's fearful ideas.

It's like a strong, energetic dog you have on a leash taking for a walk, and you want to stop and smell the flowers in the park, but you can't stop because the dog just keeps pulling you along. After a while you get used to it.

You need to let go of the leash.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
In Buddhism they would say you are suffering from "wandering mind", which means it's always darting from one idea to another, never stopping, always distracting you. For some the ideas are greed, desire, anger, but for you it's fearful ideas.

It's like a strong, energetic dog you have on a leash taking for a walk, and you want to stop and smell the flowers in the park, but you can't stop because the dog just keeps pulling you along. After a while you get used to it.

You need to let go of the leash.

That leash... from what I've heard about people traveling across the Astral Plane... they say that leash is the Silver Cord.

The Silver Cord was even mentioned in the Bible.

Ecclesiastes 12:6.

Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don't wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well.

The connection between the people that are capable of Astral Projection while still being connected to the physical body is through the silver cord which is like an umbilical cord to new born baby

If heard that once a person on the Astral Plane experiences Fear... The silver cord starts tug them back to there physical body.

That's why I understood what you just said with letting go of the leash.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
www.primitivism.com...

"The Path to Sanity

Civilization has enslaved us in the chains of dependency, isolation, and artificiality. All that we have suffered in civilization still exists in our minds for nothing vanishes from the human mind and it is accumulating into rage. The mechanism that civilization employs in order to prevent this rage from discharging itself against its source namely, civilization is the establishment of a dictatorship in our heads, a false self, that re-directs this rage toward the citizen in the form of self-blame. According to the false self, each individual is to blame for its own misery. The false self gets the energy it needs to punish and enslave us from our own blind frustration and aggression. Without conscious commitment to a tribal ideal, a firm hold on basic truth, by which to evaluate, condemn, and go against civilization, a person is at the mercy of its own mounting disappointment and aggression that the false self is designed to turn inward.

The tribal ideal is a staff for strengthening the original self and fighting off the false self. By upholding a tribal ideal, sometimes through the spoken word, sometimes through action, and sometimes through silence, we build self-respect on a solid foundation; for at the core of our being we are still fiercely independent, intelligent creatures, with strong affective ties to small human groups and large natural/wild places.

The importance of this self-respect as a prime motivator of human nature can hardly be overstated; it may enable an individual to defy civilization, even in the face of the hatred of the whole modern world. When an individual acquires fundamental self-respect, then s/he will be made a fool no longer, and all the blows of civilization are nothing but the battle scars of a proud warrior. Civilization is powerless against it, because a person who has re-claimed fundamental self-respect cares nothing about the laws and standards of civilization.

This self-respect leads to genuine self-love, the second and decisive step on the path to sanity, for self-love (and happiness in large measure) consists in becoming one's own ideal again, as in childhood. This self-love eventually overflows and becomes love for others and for external nature."

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Astral projection or deep meditation.

The key is to stop thinking and bring a total blank mind in. Feel with your heart instead of think with your mind.

With the proof that you can live beyond this world through proof of Astral Projection you would not fear anything in this world. All and everything that happens to you is part of the lessons. Fear in itself is the lesson. If you face your fears you would eliminate them.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
take a vallium! seriously get some benzo's off ya doc, they are the ultimate chill pill. though long term use can lead to addiction.but once you try one just knowing you have a bottle of them if you feel to much stress is just as comforting as taking the pill itself.

sort of like a safty net. cool blue's or mellow yellow's or all rite whites as i call them

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Buddy, posting this is basically like a crack dealer going to a crackhouse asking how to get off the stuff.

Sorry that you are so afraid of the world, maybe anxiety? Make an appointment with your doctor. I say that with no sarcasm intended.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi there sorry to hear that you are not well. I had the same thing going, for a couple of years, started very vaugely, then became stronger and stronger, to full blown anxiaty attacks. What helped me where a couple of tricks, 1st i stoped reading/whatching the news, to me it just tells you to be scared of something that is not really in your life, thus pushing you in to a line of thought that will create scary thoughts and feelings. 2nd i started to meditate, meditating teaches you how to have non-thought, well when you have non-thought you automaticly have no thought, nor good nor bad, so when i was having a scary thought or feeling, i remembered what i had learned during my meditation, and went in to non-thought, thus freeing myself of the negative, i use it forinstance before and during a meeting, putting my self in the non-thought mode. (doesn´t mean you can´t think:lol
3rd i started to exercise, gives you more energy and allso confidence. Hope this was helpfull.

I wish you all the best, love and light.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Good Morning! I didn't finish the entire thread, because I've got to go.
So if I'm being redundant, I apologize in advance.

Sounds like you are having multiple symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. You can google this, and learn all the symptoms (which you do appear to have) as well as read about recommended treatment options, and perhaps consider trying some of those.

I see you have completely ruled out anti-anxiety medications. While some of these are addictive, many can be useful in the short-term to ease discomfort, and give you clarity enough to separate which fears are realistic, and which are not. People who develop an addiction to these typically take way more than the recommended dosage, and for a much longer time period, (years) than they should.

In fact, try to divide your fears, maybe even on paper, into which ones are realistic, and which ones are not. Which ones you can solve with actions, and which ones you have no control over.

Although you don't have control over some of them (earthquakes, etc.) you do have control over what you think about them. It is a matter of talking to yourself, and trying to change your thought patterns, which you can do. It's hard work, and you have to actively stay on it, monitoring your own thoughts, and correcting the ones that are irrational.

For the fears that are rational and realistic, and that you do have control over, start taking action to immediately correct these problems. Whatever you need to do to feel better about problems and concerns, do it.

GAD is no small concern, and can be quite disabling at it's most severe.
There are actually people on disability, because they are too fearful to leave the house, or associate with others.

So, if you can get a handle on this......do. If you need help in getting it under control.....get it.

In the meantime, what you don't want, is to subject yourself to more fears and stress. Be careful what you put in your mind. You want to be in as stress free an environment as possible, around supportive people, while you work on these issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You sound like a person without hope. You can find hope through Jesus Christ. He is the truth, the way and the life! Through him ALL things are possible. Read the books of matthew, mark, luke and John in the bible to find out all the miracles he performed and continues to perform even to this day. He even overcame death. That means he will take any and all of your problems and take care of them for you, if you only ask and believe. He will give you that one meaningful purpose that will make your life complete. That's why we call him our savior. I used to be like you until I learned to trust in him. Now I have hope and joy each and every day.

His Promise: I shall wipe every tear from their eyes. When he returns there will be no more sickness, depression, death, poverty etc. Basically this pertains to anything that would make you sad. It is our blessed hope!

I Know that evil will bash me for this input, and I expect that, but the word needs to be said for the suffering and the lost. You don't have to live this way!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

LOL...Hey brother but why would you not drink beer???!!

Unless you are a raging drunk!

I am getting older (still feel young) and one thing I am glad I have never quit is beer.

You are full of fear and loathing and you wanna get rid of one of the joys in life.

God gave us beer through women. Beer and women go together cuz you cannot understand a women....EVER..they are different bio-chem entitys...so we got beer to boot.

Beer will watch football with us and will not freak on his when we spend too much time on the computer.

Speaking of computers now they will do your marriage harm. You gotta compete with every other opposite bio-chem beings advice on why you are such a lousy...fill in the blank...when so and so says you shoulda coulda woulda.

Have a beer and don't feel guilty about truly enjoying the fruit of the earth fermented brother.

I mean is this the reason why so many American's turn to prescription drugs and alcohol?
Well, while I refuse to take any medicine for anxiety that is prescribed by a doctor... I do tend to drink a few beers in order to relax and let the worries go away... but that needs to stop.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Just read the rest of the post.

Also why worry about money???

Do you really think that your source is money which could be contrived as a meal ticket which means that you have handed your god given right to a meal ticket over to whoever gives you your meal tickets??!!! Are you a kept man.

And the reason you get a meal ticket is becuase you give your salt and your blood to another to feed yourself and yours.

Somewhere along theline you missed something brother.

Your source is not money, I think you have built your life around the idea of the security that money can bring.

But money cannot bring it to ya....it is a false system.

lol

Do the birds of the air have meal tickets? Only ones in zooz.

Does that bear living just north of my summer cabin have a meal ticket??

No he jus luck he gets a t bone steak once in a while...from his crazy neighbor.

lol

Does my Cree Indian friend by Churchill have a meal ticket panic attack just before and after Christmas!!!

No...he was taught not to build his life around meal tickets.

Start now.

How???

First off get to know your neighbours and your friends.

Began a virtous cycle...a virtous system with them. Why? because God works through other people and this is how you open the door.

Give and it shall be give...seek and you shall find.

scuze me I gotta have my morning beer.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is a good thing. Fear is an asset. Cultivate humility and sincerity and beg of the Supreme Being for the Supreme Being alone. You are very fortunate. Your spirit is perceiving the reality of the situation. Running away, denial, hiding, pretending is cowardice. You have chosen not to do that. We are all truly helpless only the cowards pretend to be tough. The True Supreme Being is all merciful to the humble.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ok i am done the reading the thread....and great posts on this thread.

Star and Flag...good thread!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Dj's post was great....also if you do happen to have or go through the worst you know their is not too much you can do.

I know...I have lived through the very worst....I am one scarred up person but the only way to prosper is to put one foot in front of the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join