reply to post by Doomsday 2029
Hi Doomsday 2012,
I too suffered from exterme anxiety and social anxiety. Infact it is only after the past month that the anxiety has left me. I no longer have fear
about what is in store for me, i feel mostly comfortable around others now and i dont tend to worry about my health so much anymore. What you posted
was pretty much me for the past year or two, everyday without fail. I got CBT at my local Dr's office but that didnt work, all it did was make
merealise even more that anxiety is all created by the self. I dont know precisely what i did but i can give you a list of the things that i now do
and the things i let go off and maybe you can see if these might be applicable to you?
Things i stopped doing...
1. I quit my job, the 9-5 routine and office bullying/politics became too much to handle (major cause of anxiety)
2. Stopped all coffee, alcohol and fizzy drinks still drink tea though!
3. Started doing more exercize, mainly walking as it is good for your heart!
4. Stopped Googling medical issues that i thought i had due to the symptoms of anxiety
Things i started doing...
1. I found the LAW OF ONE MATERIAL (this has totally and profoundly changed me perspective on life and existance and has led me to the path i am on
now, its almost like i had to suffer to find it or i would never have found it)
2. Started taking Co-enzyme Q10 (mental health), Omega 3-6-9 (joints and vitality), Vitamin B Complex (many illnesses and anxiety caused by slight vit
B deficiency) and Garlic capsules (general immunity increase).
3. Started to ignore peoples thoughts of me, i too suffered from the whole eye-contact thing but it seems to have relaxed a bit as i have become more
4. Instead of ever thinking about me i have started to think about everyone else first, this has made my feeling towards others reverse, so instead of
thinking people are aware of me, i make myself aware of them by helping them and smiling at them.
By no means am i trying to premote the Law of One but i honestly must tell you that it has totally changed my life, i now feel happy towards other
people all the time and because of this i have began feeling better. The anxiety has 90% reduced and the social anxiety has reduced by about 80%. I
am not saying you should follow my path as everyones is different but it might be worth while trying some of my approaches as the did andcontinue to
work or me.
p.s. i would suggest you remain off of medication if you feel strong enough because although people will tell you there are no side effects, all it
does is mask the problem, as soon as you come off them which can be very hard because they are addictive, your anxiety will get far far worse. You
need to find the core reason for it. Your anxiety is caused by your sensitivity to the world and people. If you can reduced that sensitivity by
substituting it with something else such as a hobby, service to others etc you should see an improvement.
One thing i must reitterate to you though is...
YOU ARE NOT ILL
You are perfectly fine, all you need to do is reset your anxiety level thermostat (however you do that is your choice).
Fingers crossed for you!