It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Theory True?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Originally posted by taccj9903
reply to post by Kandinsky

So if I am understanding you, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you don't believe in past or present visitation of extraterrestrial intelligence? Do you believe in life beyond our planet or do you think we are it?

I like to think there's life elsewhere and hope to see microbial evidence for it in the next 8 years...budgets permitting

I find it very amusing that people are arguing about something that is a mathematical certainty (i.e. Intelligent life on other planets). But I guess skeptics need a hobby too.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Viper2]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I find it very amusing that people are arguing about something that is a mathematical certainty (i.e. Intelligent life on other planets). But I guess skeptics need a hobby too.

I'm amused at your 'mathematical certainty.' Let's go for microbial life first huh? Maybe a spectral analysis of a chemical signature that indicates industry on some distant planet? I've seen UFOs and don't assume they are ET intelligence. Evidence is needed...not wishful thinking, dreams or beliefs.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, why do you say 8 years?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I believe in Ancient Astronauts having visited in the past.

There's cave drawings all around the world of strange looking beings and crafts.

There's also hieroglyphs in The Temple of Abydos in Eygypt of what looks like a Helicopter, A UFO and Submarine?

www.hallofthegods.org...

How Did The Ancient Egyptians Know Of These???

[edit on 12-4-2010 by judge360]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm amused at your 'mathematical certainty.' Let's go for microbial life first huh? Maybe a spectral analysis of a chemical signature that indicates industry on some distant planet? I've seen UFOs and don't assume they are ET intelligence. Evidence is needed...not wishful thinking, dreams or beliefs.

LOL!!! You have any idea how many planets there are in the entire universe? Intelligent ET life on other planets is a mathematical certainty. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by judge360

Good point, thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Microbial evidence would be nice to find. Let's put a spin on this, but I don't want to turn this into a creationism/evolution debate. At some point early in the history of the earth there would have been microbial life before humans. It got here somehow, don't you think there is a high certainty that life in some form exist somewhere else in the universe? Do you really need physical proof to believe?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Microbial evidence would be nice to find. Let's put a spin on this, but I don't want to turn this into a creationism/evolution debate. At some point early in the history of the earth there would have been microbial life before humans. It got here somehow, don't you think there is a high certainty that life in some form exist somewhere else in the universe? Do you really need physical proof to believe?

Abiogenesis means life may have started here. Panspermia suggests that it came from elsewhere.

I'll be shocked if there isn't life anywhere else. The point I'm making is that it's fair enough to say there's 'bound' to be life out there...it's a tad presumptive to insist that there certainly 'is'. Until we 'know' there is...I'm just waiting!

Have you seen this? Looks a hell of lot like proof of life existing elsewhere at some point? Not enough to be 100% certain unfortunately...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

LOL!!! You have any idea how many planets there are in the entire universe? Intelligent ET life on other planets is a mathematical certainty. Deal with it.

The only certainty here is it's way past your bedtime. Exchange 'certainty' for 'probability' and you're catching on fast. Take it easy

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Thanks for your comments and the link. I hope we all find out someday soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360
There's also hieroglyphs in The Temple of Abydos in Eygypt of what looks like a Helicopter, A UFO and Submarine?

You will find an explanation of this here :

en.wikipedia.org...

What appears to be a "helicopter" is actually an example of two groups of hieroglyphs carved one on top of the other. The words psd.t "the ennead of nine" and X3s.wt "foreign countries" seems to have been carved one of top of the other. Clearly the artist / craftsman changed the hieroglyphs (perhaps from the change of kings Sety I to Ramesses II). The actual "helicopter" seems to be a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other with portions erased.

Hope this helps.

Eugene Cruz-Uribe
Associate Dean
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Northern Arizona University

How Did The Ancient Egyptians Know Of These???

After you read the above, ask yourself a *rational* question, why in the world would an ET ever have/need a helicopter??

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'd be interested in what that line would translate as.
Seeing as how that's the writing method of the Egyptians, if helicopters were common enough to warrant their use as a writing symbol in Egypt, you'd see it more often elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I saw that on television, that whole program bashes the ancient astro theory pretty hard. It even had that guy who wrote fingerprints of the gods saying how much of his book was wrong. There are so many problems with the ancient astro theory, if you pay attention to what these guy say they are really just trying to make their belief in UFOs and the bible and put them together.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Dunno about you Rune, but it gets tiring explaining those Abydos choppers every couple of months. You and the batteries, me and the 'Ancients.' This stuff goes round and round and round. It's like a compulsion, an inability to read someone 'ticker--tape' these ideas and just exit the thread...my inner zombie makes me reply

@Zaigar

There are so many problems with the ancient astro theory, if you pay attention to what these guy say they are really just trying to make their belief in UFOs and the bible and put them together.

I'm embarrassed to say, I never put the two together....glad you pointed it out

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

There are several specials about ET or ancient astronauts on the History channel. They are usually always repeated, so it might just be cheaper to DVR them next time they air.

There is a lot of good evidence out there to support the possibility of ancient astronauts, but no smoking gun. The ancient Americans learned by rote and did not improve on their society at all. Questions such as who taught them the knowledge and why did they not use wheels except for toys comes to mind to me. I was told by someone in another forum here that asking the wheel question was not a part of archeology. And that is what I see is wrong with mainstream views. If it doesn't fit, ignore it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well do not get me wrong i have no beef with the bible or UFOlogy, i just do not think that the two subects are realated in anyway. It causes to many problems, lets take one subject for which we have a hard time finding evidence for and combine it with another subject with the same evidence problems. It just does not work.
It does not matter at the end of the day people will always see and believe what they want.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Read some of David Boyle's stuff on Ancient Egypt Better still go to one of his Exhibitions in Blackpool UK.

You might learn something

[edit on 12-4-2010 by judge360]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Hey, I wasn't being critical. Your point made a lot of sense and I genuinely hadn't put the two together. I've argued this stuff for years and stupidly hadn't seen that angle.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360

Read some of David Boyle's stuff on Ancient Egypt Better still go to one of his Exhibitions in Blackpool UK.

You might learn something

I'd never heard of the guy until your link. A quick look and this caught my eye...

Certainly there was famine and poverty, but that was brought about by war. For the most part, the hundreds of thousands of small independent farmers produced unprecedented and debt-free economic security – with more days off for the average farmworker than anything people now enjoy.

He seems to overlook the Black Death...not a consequence of War, but increased trade across Europe and the Middle East. Poverty wasn't an outcome of war either...partially certainly. Medieval farmers were exploited to death. They didn't enjoy 'days off' and were obliged to attend church on the Sunday like everyone else. Education was for the landed gentry and upper classes. Children and adults worked as long as the sun shined. Mortality rates in infancy were sky high. Poverty was normal.

Seems to me he's banging on about a Golden Age that never existed.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Evidence? On a conspiracy website...? With our reputation..?

What do you expect 'the powers that be' to do with the Evidence...? Leave it lying around for the masses to review at leisure??? Nay, I think not.

While Zecharia Sitchin may have got a lot wrong, there's plenty to suggest that there was an advanced culture interfering with society - in the Near East - millennia ago. I guess that we'll have to 'wait and see', but my gut reaction to the 'signs of the times' is leading me to suspect a staged disclosure at some not-too-far-off point in time.

Little hints are filtering through; for example, the Vatican recently commissioned a report to determine how to handle a disclosure event from a theological POV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join