It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Theory True?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hello ATS members,

I know the ancient astronaut theory isn't new to anyone, however, I came across this video that was posted on Comcast's website titled "Ancient Astronaut Theory True?" Looks like this is just a clip from some show on Net Geo so nothing new but interesting that it would be posted on a popular website. So maybe this does give some credibility that we are being prepared for some kind of disclosure, or maybe just for entertainment. Your thoughts are appreciated.

www.comcast.net...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
All I get is "This content is currently unavailable", and then that commercial with the oily body builder.

Amazing how quickly they pull this kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Interesting, I can click on the link and pull it up. I guess you can just go to comcast.net and search in the video section.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

'Content not available.' Personally, I don't believe in the 'ancient astronauts' idea. I used to a lot, more I learn...less I believe it. On the other hand, it's full of magic and mystery to people new to the ideas and encourages learning about history. As much as I argue against ancient astronauts...the world would be a lesser place without those that do believe in them.

There's a good documentary here...James Fox...I Know What I Saw...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Are you against the idea of present day alien life as well or just against the ancient astronaut theory?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If one takes the Drake Equation into account, the Ancient Astronauts theory could very well be true.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Viper2]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
you got to be nuts not to think this blue marble in this WHOLE universe hasn't been visited by somebody. Jeeeze

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Paper 74: Adam & Eve

Who knows really. I hope it's true, atleast then there may be some kind of mass movement to recognise the unity of humanity, and we could work on cleaning up our home before our dinner guests come over.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
you got to be nuts not to think this blue marble in this WHOLE universe hasn't been visited by somebody. Jeeeze

That's true to an extent, but you have to remember we don't know if interstellar space travel is possible because of the distances between star systems. However, maybe there was life on Mars or another somewhat nearby planet back then. And of course the huge amount of UFO and Alien abduction cases throughout history point to a high possibility of visitation.

Now denying the existence of intelligent civilizations on other planets in the universe is truly close-minded and ignorant. The Drake Equation says there is an estimated 10,000 intelligent civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy alone. Existence of intelligent civilizations on other planets in the universe is a mathematical certainty.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

"we don't know if interstellar space travel is possible because of the distances between star systems" I used to wonder about that as well but now I believe that a more advanced civilization must have found a way. This may be a poor analogy but remember at one time humans thought the earth was flat....

[edit on 12-4-2010 by taccj9903]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Are you against the idea of present day alien life as well or just against the ancient astronaut theory?

There's little evidence for either, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Viper2

"we don't know if interstellar space travel is possible because of the distances between star systems" I used to wonder about that as well but now I believe that a more advanced civilization must have found a way. This may be a poor analogy but remember at one time humans thought the earth was flat....

I agree that it is very possible that a more advanced civilization may have found a way. That's one of the reasons why I believe the earth is being visited by ETs.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hard substantial evidence, I've never seen any. Although there have been too many eye witness testimonies to make be believe otherwise.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Hard substantial evidence, I've never seen any. Although there have been too many eye witness testimonies to make be believe otherwise.

Sounds like you are contradicting yourself there.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I wouldn't say eye witness testimonies to UFO sightings or abductions are considered hard evidence, at least not for me. However, just because I haven't seen any actual evidence of their existence doesn't mean I don't believe. I guess I am just trying to say that I have watched enough programs interviewing people who have witnessed UFOs or claimed to have been abducted and read enough books on the subjects that I have been convinced. I guess you could liken it to a religious person who believes in God because of what they have read in the bible or have heard from their fellow believers..hope that explains it

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

There's little evidence for either, don't you think?

Well, what our 'experts' say, is that intelligent life as we know it can only exist on an Earth like planet, and if you have payed any attention, they have found atleast 4 earth like planets, so , there should be profe of life out there just by that statement alone...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Well, what our 'experts' say, is that intelligent life as we know it can only exist on an Earth like planet, and if you have payed any attention, they have found atleast 4 earth like planets, so , there should be profe of life out there just by that statement alone...

Hiya Chem, the thread's about ancient astronauts visiting Earth...you should pay more attention! The point was also made that intelligent aliens are visiting in modern times...I pointed out there is little evidence. Without posting a Lloyd Pye video, do you have evidence that alien astronauts visited Earth?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by ChemBreather

Hiya Chem, the thread's about ancient astronauts visiting Earth...you should pay more attention! The point was also made that intelligent aliens are visiting in modern times...I pointed out there is little evidence. Without posting a Lloyd Pye video, do you have evidence that alien astronauts visited Earth?

Yoh ! I commented on your Little proof of life out there, as I think that it goes to the 'possibility' that there could be vissiting Then and Now, all depending on those other Earth's is more or less advanced than us.

For it to be an issue, we must go into the possibility, which I think is some what proven, dont you think ?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

So if I am understanding you, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you don't believe in past or present visitation of extraterrestrial intelligence? Do you believe in life beyond our planet or do you think we are it?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

So if I am understanding you, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you don't believe in past or present visitation of extraterrestrial intelligence? Do you believe in life beyond our planet or do you think we are it?

There's no reason, as I see it, to believe in past visitations by ET. As for the present, who knows? There's not enough evidence to believe there is...just enough to wonder and speculate. I like to think there's life elsewhere and hope to see microbial evidence for it in the next 8 years...budgets permitting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join