It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ongoing Legacy of the Great Bob Marley.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hopefully there are other fans out there of this amazing and influential man.

His music has been in my life for as long as I can remember. The vibes I feel from his music are just so incredibly powerful it gives me chills and sometimes I become very emotional. I can listen to his songs over and over and they never get old. There is so much trouble in the world today, yet taking a break and listening to some Bob Marley puts my mind in a calm, relaxed and loving state, and I know everything is going to be all right.

With the power of the internet, I have recently for the first time in my life been able to view videos of Bob performing. There are times when he looks into the camera and I can feel his intense vibe, energy, and love, even though it is just through a computer screen. I love this man. We can all learn a thing or two from Bob's music and his culture.

Please, share your stories of how Bob Marley has affected your life.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our minds"........Bob Marley

I'd have to say.......that he has been the most influential voice in my life, next only to my father. You may get some B.S. for your thread only because it may be more appropriate for Below Top Secret. Regardless, it should in no way take away from the brave and inciteful voice that was Bob Marley's.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Bob was the MAN!

Even in his own country people tried to assassinate him because his message of peace, justice and love are so powerful and moving. Definately in my top ten albums: Exodus.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
the dreadlocks thread sadly got moved to BTS.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yeah I love the Marley too. His music is powerful. That's the only word needed to describe it.

A radio station in Vancouver 99.3 THE FOX has "Mandatory Marley" everyday a 4:20(1620) in the afternoon. Redemption Song and One Love are a few of my favourites and have a broad collection of my MP3 player.

Here ya go from Dortmund

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You can fool some people some times, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Don't involve Rasta in your say say
Rasta don't work for no CIA

Bob is indeed a legend, I hope he is having fun with James Brown upstairs.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I gatherd youve really been influenced by him, even from reading your post I saw lines such as " so much trouble in the world " and "everything (lil thing)is going to be all right "

I too love Bob. I have all(well most) of his cd's, many years back I heard it playing in a "Happy High Herbs" store and asked the chick behind the counter what it was. Days later I was hooked, this was long before I was spiritual but I loved the mood the music put me in and the simplicity of the message in the lyrics. It became the soundtrack to many of my pot smoking days and really got me to start thinking why dont we have world peace, its so much easier than conflict.

Bob's emotional and lyrical poetry, his superb transmission of feelings through simple sound vibrations was an essential part in my early awakening process. Probably more than I realized. Bob has done greater work for humanity than most will ever realize. R.I.P brother, I look forwards to finally meeting him one day.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Amen Brother...

I have a massive place in my heart for Bob Marley and his message of freedom, unity and removal of oppression. And i seem to have passed this love on to my children... whenever we are on a long car ride i can guarantee that we will be sing along to Bob

You might want to check out some of the other artist from that era (and even some modern artist) who also carry the same message

Or...

Respect mi bredrin... i an i got nuff love fi Mr Bob. im chat bout freedom n unity... bun up Babylon, blazzin fyah!

Even mi lickle pickny dem ah sing chewn!!

Jamaica got nuff conscious rasta man... lickle more!

(forgive me, my patois is a little rusty)

Check out...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If I could describe how Bob Marley's music, spirit, vibe affected me - it would be completely bogus because the depth of impact on my spirit cannot be described by intellect. My belief is that the message is a really simple one - one that has to felt - not just heard - the message resonates with the soul, which pretty much defies description in words. It's all about humanity.

gj

top topics

join