It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has The USA Fired Their Air Force?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Do Americans HATE their own Air Force and other servicemembers?
How is this supporting the troops????

The United States Air Force's CORE VALUES, and subsequent Code of Ethics are simple:

1) Integrity First (* which means being compliant with the facts)
2) Service Before Self (* aka service pre-self)

Any action taken which invokes Fear innevitably re-enforces the instinct of Self Preservation, aka Self Pre-Serve, Self Before Service, the EXACT OPPOSITE of the Air Forces Core Values.

If America's fighting men and women can't be feared, then why send them overseas to war to do a job that the laws don't permit them to do?

Therefore any order or command that the USAF carries out which invokes fear into the hearts and minds of others and re-enforces the instinct of *Self Preservation, aka self Pre-Serve is in direct conflict of the Air Forces own Foundation.

Any Americans care to explain what they think their Air Force is supposed to do considering they can't do anything to make their enemies fear them?

sorta eliminates any acts of war, doesn't it?

Do Americans HATE their own Air Force, or are Americans just oblivious (or distracted) to what is going on in the world, or wars for the past decade++?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Perhaps on the positive side the above stated theory appears to de-arm the USAF in a brief post what Alqueda and other Jihadists couldn't do in years and with millions/billions of dollars and all their hate and fear prevented them from even noticing some simple truisms concerning their "enemies".

Not sure their ALLAH would approve of their methods if ALLAH knew a few simple words of logic accomplishes what Jihadists can't do, or perhaps even see or notice.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

(1) Integrity First (* which means being compliant with the facts)
2) Service Before Self (* aka service pre-self)

Any action taken which invokes Fear innevitably re-enforces the instinct of Self Preservation, aka Self Pre-Serve, Self Before Service, the EXACT OPPOSITE of the Air Forces Core Values.

How did you come to the conclusion that the core values are defined as you've laid them out?

It appears that you've made up a definition based on your own ideology.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

How did you come to the conclusion that the core values are defined as you've laid them out?

It appears that you've made up a definition based on your own ideology.

Thanks for posting. To answer your questions:

I spent 11 years in the Air Force, and the most widely accepted defintion of the word integrity when i looked it up meant "compliance with the facts". That term was in three disctionaries.

as for the second core value of "Service Before Self" literally means the exact opposite of the instinct of "Self Preservation".

Hence one can deduct that any act of war perpetrated by the USAF is in fact in direct conflict with their own first 2 core values.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Self-preservation and Service aren't mutually exclusive....and why would they be??

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think you're barking up the wrong tree mate.

Having integrity doesn't stop you from "causing fear". You can have integrity and be the most fearsome enemy out there, just the most fearsome that is truthful.

The Service before Self bit is quite obvious and for someone who claims to have been in the Air Force for 11 years you seem to have woefully misunderstood this.

Even as a foreigner living in England it is plain to me that this statement is that you put your service to the Air Force above any needs of self. It has nothing to do with "self preservation" nor is it the opposite of it.

The opposite to Service before self would be "Self before Service", which is quite different to self preservation. If you can't understand the difference then this whole thread is pointless.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The U.S. is a corporation, check my signature links.

American's hate the USAF, because it does not stand for American's.

It stands for United States Air force, which is corporate.

If the USAF really wanted to help American's they could start off by blowing up /napalming all the poppy fields they are protecting in Iraq and Afghan.

Be it the U.S. Army, the marines, or the navy they all serve they Illuminati/free masons.

Which in turn serve Israel, the Jew's.

Masons/Illuminati use Jewish law in court systems, real-estate, the religious sector, and etc.

They use Jewish laws to rape the lands of foreign countires and their people.

I hope i helped.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wouldn't the act of war be the service? Fighting an enemy =the service? Doesn't the air force do that? To follow orders to go into a dangerous area =the service? How is that the opposite of the values you mentioned?

[edit on 12/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. To answer your questions:

I spent 11 years in the Air Force, and the most widely accepted defintion of the word integrity when i looked it up meant "compliance with the facts". That term was in three disctionaries.

as for the second core value of "Service Before Self" literally means the exact opposite of the instinct of "Self Preservation".

Hence one can deduct that any act of war perpetrated by the USAF is in fact in direct conflict with their own first 2 core values.

I'm still trying to understand the foundation (for your point) and I guess the definitions are the sticky point with me because your interpretation of the concepts is not the same that I've learned (my dad was also A/F) ... and I was taught that Integrity was the willingness to "do what is right, even when no one is looking" and Service Before Self is about professionalism... One can be professional and "do their job" while simultaneously dealing with fear and the instinct of self preservation...

I still don't fully understand your point, I guess.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.thefreedictionary.com...

2. integrity - the quality of being honest

hon·es·ty (n-st)
n. pl. hon·es·ties
1. The quality or condition of being honest; integrity.
2. Truthfulness; sincerity:

truth (trth)
n. pl. truths (trz, trths)
1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.

Conformity to fact, ie being compliant with the facts or actuality is a standard accepted definition and synonymous with "integrity"

the logic is fear is a thing that promotes the OPPOSITE of the Air Force's second core value. Which is against their core values.

Self Preserve is not service before Self.

to spread the intentions of "Self Preservation" is to spread the opposite of Service before Self.

sounds logical to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ah... but you are forgetting the concept of "free will" and the ability that we all have to overcome... A person will choose how to act based on ethics/morals/values/training and not always just basic instinct.

Not to mention that arguing Self Preservation is the opposite of Service Before Self is incorrect (the opposite is Self Before Service) and as mentioned (above) a very different concept.

Second question: why use a dictionary definition to explain the concepts as they pertain to the A/F rather than the explanation the A/F itself provides?

core values

*There is a difference in perception to note...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
omg i am having deja vu.

Next are you gonna give us your little word scramble crap?

air force
air fort
er fort
effort

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This also may help you reevaluate your definitions...

Service before Self

What does “Service before Self” really mean? As Airmen, we raise our right hand and swear to defend our country, but how far does this commitment carry into our every action… our every endeavor?
When we look for guidance on serving, we need to look no further than the “Little Blue Book,” the United States Air Force Core Values booklet. The booklet says, “Service before self tells us that professional duties take precedence over personal desires.”....

Please read the rest...
www.afa.org...

Or not :shrug:

Edit: Oh and integrity in this context simply means honesty, you read too much into it.

[edit on 4/12/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't get the concept of hate within the context of your post.
I don't understand how our Air Force has been "fired".
I don't understand your contextual use of "fear" in a positive manner.
But then again I'm from a different planet where humanity rules.

gj

edit add CONTEXT - this is in response to the OP, not any previous posters,
Thanks!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If you can't understand the difference then this whole thread is pointless.

I "quibble" with the "barb" at the end of your post.
We're all trying to share ideas and understand here - isn't that exactly the point, rather than to presume our own understanding before participation?
Understanding is a process. No offence intended, that's why it's just a quibble.

gj

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who said, and where are you getting the idea, that the US has fired their Air Force? I am all for pulling the Majors and Lt. Colonels out of their planes and having an enlisted or warrant officer do the job from a trailer instead. Last I read, the USAF has an almost 4 to 1 enlisted to officer ratio, compared to the Army/Marines or 9 to 1. But firing them? Never.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Not to mention that arguing Self Preservation is the opposite of Service Before Self is incorrect (the opposite is Self Before Service) and as mentioned (above) a very different concept.

I'm going to have to stick to my guns here.

Self = Self
Pre = Before
Serve = Serve/Service

Therefore Self Pre Serve is the opposite of Serve Pre Self or Service Before Self.

Seems logical that ANY organization that performs acts that are contradictory of it's own mandate is performing actions that are contradictory to it's own mandates.

Airmen CONFORMING to the FACTS know that any action which is performed that supports the opposite of SERVICE PRE SELF is supporting SELF PRE SERVE.

you can't say you support one thing while your actions support another. that is hippocritical at best.

integrity = the quality of being honest
honesty = truthfullness
truth = Conformity to facts/actuality

Integrity = Conformity to the facts

not what the facts means to your opinion

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe it is a personal difficulty to reconsile the moral and ethical discrepancies.

How do we expect our armed servicemembers to perform knowing they can claim to have the higher moral ground when their very participation in hostile actions contradicts their First Two Core values?

The Air Force can not hold a monopoly on the moral high ground when their very actions constitute a 180 degree offset of the fundamentals of their entire establishment.

Incidently i was taught in Air Force Leadership School that the Core Values of the air force were adopted from a corporation's.

If the logic of the delema we put our troops in elludes some, how can we "support" our troops by not even offering them a sound solid foundation. I see little grey here, which may be my flaw.

Integrity First = Compliance with the facts
Service Before Self is the opposite of Self Pre-serve, self preservation.

An Airman cannot claim to have the moral highground and be promoting truth and service before self by participating in actions that promote the exact opposite, self preserveation, or actions that help instill self preservation in others.

This is consistant with the spirit intended by the Air Force Core Values and in my experience has been openly discussed amongst members of the Air Force who agree.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My conviction on this issue stems from more than a decade of service in the United States Air Force.

Many of the posters here seem to percieve some disconnect between Service the noun, and service that defines that noun.

It was my personal experience that the Air Force Core Values "Service" was put there to represent a persons actions and behaviors and personal sacrifice in support of such actions and behaviors.

Service is not always meant as a noun. Rather what actions and behaviors support that noun.

In this respect, the citizens may not be consciously aware of what it is expecting from it's own service members.

We can't claim that they have the moral highground if they are forced to abandon that moral highground while disregarding their own foundation, their own core values, their own ethical and moral obligations.

How the service members translate their obligations is paramount here.
Not how people who do not take the risk of dying for something may choose to relate how the core values equate with the conflict in logic.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

there are actually 3 core values
integrity first
service before self
excellence in all we do

service before self is more geared toward putting your commitment to the military first and not your social life. This has nothing to do with self preservation.

I am active duty Air Force and they explain these in great detail.

new topics

join