It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable rioting- Happening right now.(LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The Red-shirts seem to be winning a few battles with the Thai goverment in Bangkok. These photos and descriptions I found at Cryptome are stunning and well-written; this is the best coverage of this event I have seen so far.
cryptome.org...
FROM CRYPTOME: Red-shirted supporters of former Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra clash with Thai riot police (in background) during continued anti-government protests in central Bangkok on April 10, 2010. Gunshots were heard in the Thai capital Bangkok as anti-government protesters clashed with security forces, according to an AFP reporter at the scene. More than 90 people have been injured in clashes between anti-government protesters and security forces in the Thai capital Bangkok, emergency services said. Getty

Thai forensic police officers investigate the site of overnight clashes between the army and 'Red Shirt' protestors in central Bangkok on April 11, 2010. Demonstrators vowed to remain on the streets of the Thai capital and bring down the government, the day after the country's worst political violence in nearly two decades. Despite the clashes between the army and 'Red Shirt' protesters, which left 19 people dead and over 800 injured, the supporters of fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra said they would continue to occupy key areas of Bangkok. Getty

Red Shirt protesters loot weapons and riot gears from a police vehicle in the compound of the Thaicom station in Pathum Thani on the outskirts of Bangkok on April 9, 2010. Thai security forces used tear gas and water cannon against anti-government protesters who stormed a television station on the outskirts of Bangkok, an AFP reporter witnessed. The Red Shirt protesters have defied a state of emergency announced by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, vowing to keep up their almost month-long mass rallies in the Thai capital. Getty

Anti-government protesters scuffle with riot police as they try to contain them at the Police General Hospital near the site of a rally in central Bangkok on April 9, 2010. Thai authorities mobilised tens of thousands more security personnel to contain mass rallies which have highlighted Thailand's deep rift pitting Bangkok's ruling elite against the mainly poor and rural Reds. The Red Shirt protesters have defied a state of emergency announced by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva with a week-long occupation of the capital's commercial district that has paralysed traffic and caused major stores to shut. Getty

[edit on 11-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I do not yet know how to embed photos in my threads; the photos are what made me want to share this with everyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

[edit on 11-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

sorry, I failed too

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
hopefully no more lives are lost
and issues somehow resolved.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Incredible pictures, no? I admire the courage of the red-shirts. It seems they have had a few victorys from the pictures. I say "good for them".

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
double post

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I just hope that they find peace soon. This unrest could balloon into something much worse, I fear

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I say good for them as well.
One question, why do so many of the riot police have "POLICE" emblazened across their gear so predominantly?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Always seems like the police and military of any and every nation consider themselves to be on the same "team."

It's as if the public is the enemy... let's say, Green Bay... and the police are the Dallas Cowboys. Whenever there is a riot going on, the police are there to WIN! (cheer!)

It seems like they forget what their job is... (to be authorities charged with keeping trust of the public's will and their safety) and they have forgotten we're all on the same side.

What I fear is that in their heads they are all thinking "let's make sure the other team is beaten so badly that they will never challenge the awesomeness of our sports affiliation ever again"

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I thought the same exact thing. POLICE in english? Also, there was an American looking man being taken away in one picture. Why was he there? I almost made the thread about that, actually.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Those are some very powerful pictures.

I have not been following this story, but those pictures definitely convey strong emotion.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I must say that i am heartened to see that in many countries this type of popular movement has to some degree successfully confronted the establishment .It is precisely this whole populace type movement which no goverment can stand up to for long.
What it would take to spark such a popular movement here in the bastion of the NWO i cannot say.
But i do sense that the potential is there, and the cards could fall either way as yet in a bid for complete control of the US govt.
From the lec walensa sic of pre free poland to the redshirt reolution in thailand it gives me great hope to see these outpourings of the people come to fruition.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

In the bastion of the NWO indeed.
I don't know if the American public has it in them. I wish they did. Maybe not the same actions would be needed, but the same emotion,at the very least, would be absolutely essential to any real progress.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Right, what is that dude doing in the middle of all that?
Maybe a drunk tourist, caught up in the moment?
Weird.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

He could be anybody. He could be a drunk tourist, or a journalist, or a student, or anybody else that an agent who helped instigate and orchestrate the entire ordeal might pretend to be. Who knows??...well someone has to know. I bet a few people know.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Russia is making a move. Thailand, Kryzgstan, Poland. The US hegemony is nearing a crisis. Will we nuke Iran to show we have the biggest balls? Hubris knows no logic.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

I'm not sure I entirely understand you. what do you mean when you said "Russia is making a move"?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

new topics

top topics

join