It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New avenue of research possibly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I spend a lot of time thinking about babies and how they develop their minds. I think about how their memories begin and what they associat with those memories. How do they develop their earliest memories. Do they remember words first after feelings, I mean when they learn how to walk do they do through memory? If so then why don't we remember? Do they build memories b ased off of language? Does interpretation aid in this process, or understanding? This is what am dealing with. Mybe someone can aid me with questions of their own? Different perception, a mirror if you will...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have a question to add to this. How much does a baby's mental development depend upon their becoming self-aware? If a baby was allowed to develop without ever seeing it's reflection in any surface, without them having had any opportunity to know what they appear as compared to anyone else, would they ever attain an identity? Would they truly become self-aware without being aware of what they look like? Or would they develop an imagined face based upon seeing what every other human being looks like, and differentiate themselves?

Perhaps the closest example would be someone who was blind from birth. Except they wouldn't know what anything looks like at all, including other human beings.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Based on my own memories, I'd say we associate Feelings with very early childhood and language comes after, as we learn it. Although I do think we begin learning language when we are in the womb since we can hear while in there.

Perhaps we don't remember so well because of the vast amounts of input all around us that must go over-top of what was there before. In which case there would be a lot of unecessary stuff built-up over those memories in most cases.

I can remember being 2 years old, standing in my cot as my mother read a sleep-time story to my 13 month's older sister.. the strongest part of that memory for me is in dirtying my nappy at the time. Hence why I think Feel is a better tool for memory than anything else.

I also use a Feel approach when working with people to get to the bottom of an issue they hold.. in this way the person if they remain brave enough to stay with it, gets to FEEL the whole issue completely. And once that feeling has bashed them around a bit and then naturally subsided the person then gets an image enter their mind. This is called a Core Image and relates to the cause for the issue being held. Interestingly enough, if the person allows themselves to feel it fully, and gains the Core Image from doing so, they can easily discard the image in a way that suits them.. and as long as they give it no more thought.. not seeking it out again.. they will be free from the issue.

reply to post by danj3ris

Let's consider someone born blind. They develop a nautral sense of Identity without ever seeing their own face in a mirror. I tend to think Identity is something we already have within us at birth, and why then a baby can display its own identity immediately after being born and from then on as it develops a stronger sense of self.

This sense of self is something we assist in instilling further by teaching babies that the universe revolves around them for the first year of their live. The of course we spend the rest of their life trying to teach them that it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Interesting, the picture you have described. I see it like you are choosing the life you want to vie. A picture enters, you agree on it, then store it, once you practice this, it becomes muscle memory so to say. Does this play a major role in manifestation? Or choice? Does that mean rather then manifest, we are choosing a different reality, just aware of it? Do you have a theory on reverse engineering that process more scientifically? I am trying to approach this as carefully possible, and with a different perspective, something to be learned here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I have a question to add to this. How much does a baby's mental development depend upon their becoming self-aware? If a baby was allowed to develop without ever seeing it's reflection in any surface, without them having had any opportunity to know what they appear as compared to anyone else, would they ever attain an identity? Would they truly become self-aware without being aware of what they look like? Or would they develop an imagined face based upon seeing what every other human being looks like, and differentiate themselves?

Perhaps the closest example would be someone who was blind from birth. Except they wouldn't know what anything looks like at all, including other human beings.

That's actually an extraordinarily interesting question. Mirrors are, of course, used to great and sinister effect in Illuminati/MK Ultra/Monarch programming. It seems that the younger a person is, the more their own reflection can be used to fragment their personality and create fractures and fissions in their own sense of self-awareness.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Current research has a couple answers regarding consciousness. I find the most interesting to be that of Haynes who claims that language is what causes consciousness. Without language we would have no way to frame things in terms of ourselves and would have no way to express the emotions we feel. On the other hand there are also people like LeDoux and Dimasio who claim that consciousness is an emergent property of emotion. It is definitely a field worth looking into as I have never read a bad book by any of these authors.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Interesting, the picture you have described. I see it like you are choosing the life you want to vie. A picture enters, you agree on it, then store it, once you practice this, it becomes muscle memory so to say. Does this play a major role in manifestation? Or choice? Does that mean rather then manifest, we are choosing a different reality, just aware of it? Do you have a theory on reverse engineering that process more scientifically? I am trying to approach this as carefully possible, and with a different perspective, something to be learned here.

The mental image is created from an experience in life, it is like a snapshot of the moment you had a negative reaction to an event that caused the issue in your life. In most cases I would think people are not aware that they are choosing to hold onto that image, nor then allowing it to build "onion layers" over top.

"Does that mean rather then manifest, we are choosing a different reality, just aware of it? " Big question that.

I think all issues play a significant role in manifestation, in that we attract things, people and scenarios into our life that either boslters the Beliefs based on the issue in question, or provides opportunities to feel it fully and move through it.

Once a person is fully aware that it is their issues causing the negative patterns in their life, I think it then becomes choice in how they deal or do not deal with the issue.

The big secret here is that people do not want to Feel all these things they have suppressed, instead we avoid them like a plague. We fill our lives with time-wasters, work, cleaning, drinking, drugs, and every other conceivable way to pass time without looking inside and feeling all that Pain we are storing.

I've got no idea about reverse engineering the process more scientifically. Perhaps that is for experts in the field to ponder over. All I know is this re-feeling process works well but only when the person undergoing it has the courage to stay in the feeling until it is finished, and then obtain their core image for the issue being avoided.

This process is not mine. A few years back a friend was paying big dollars to learn some new healing modality within the New Age Industry and before moving up levels in the program had to have a certain number of client sessions. I was on hand 90% of the time as guinea pig for those sessions, so I can attest that the base process works very well. I would discard the edifice of Beliefs that came with the program though.

I do think there are two versions of this process doing the rounds of the New Age money makers.. Brandon Bays is one, although she has clients focus in on physical pain to lead them into the well of their deep issues, and I forget what the other was called.

Hope this has helped answer your questions.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks for the info on the people in this research field. I want to look more into it and come back with some more info. My theory is to understand how babies evolve out of infancy, and the womb, to better understand how we create our reality. I would like to understand this from a philosophical standpoint, as well as scientific. It just seems like we should be studying ourselves more at that point in our cycle because thats when we are closest to the source.

I also believe that language is our biggest barrier, or tool.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by onequestion]

new topics

top topics

join