It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Discussion about Dreadlocks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Through the power of the internet, I recently became a fan of dreadlocks. I watched some videos of Rastafarians with their gorgeous dreadlocks, and it encouraged me to start of some of my own. I officially have 2 dreads that I'm working on at the moment. It's awesome.

What are your thoughts on dreadlocks? Do you automatically judge someone if they have dreadlocks? Have you ever had dreadlocks and do you have any tips for a beginner?

One last thing. Supposedly if we all didn't brush or manage our hair, we would all eventually have dreadlocks! That means if the SHTF, we are all gonna be running around with awesome dreads!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
are you meaning to justify the sheep theory of jesus

no if you dont brush your hair you are not going to have dreadlocks, a lot of people actually the majority of them would have them straight or bold

look at chinese people they are already the quarter of the whole humans numbers so do your maths correctly

even africans if they dont brush their hair wont have them as sheeps wools on their heads, actually to look like a sheep they must work for a lot, and a lot of civilisations pay money claiming that look being sophisticated, as the opposite of vulgar crazy beast while having the whole material of
the sense of beauty for a lot of vulgar liars is to succeed in denying the ugliness of what they are they call it being classy ugly

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans
are you meaning to justify the sheep theory of jesus

I have to say I'm not familiar with the sheep theory.

Also, I don't feel like a sheep? Can sheep be singular as well as plural?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There are "Style Warriors" who wear Dreads and also those who do it as like, the Hindus Fakirs and rastafarians.

In rastafaria they represent the time since one took that faith and represent

The Growth of the Mind (spiritual/wisodm) and Body together.

Growing them, you need to ask yourself if you are doing it for style or toher reasons, if style just go to an afro caribean hairdresser to help you out!

Elf

[edit on 11-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I think dreds are great. they are cool. bit stinky though

One of my closest friends had dreds for years...they're jsut natural to him. His hair is not super curly, just moderately wavey, but he had dreds that were two feet long a t the end of years of just letting them go. In the interest of staying cool (temp wise) he lete us cut them off and keep some of the huge ones that we had actually named.....( I know kinda weird)

He is the most peaceful soul and loving dude--and I guess I relate his personality to my thoughts on dredlocks....
Well that just my two cents for what its worth

just be patient SolarE-Souljah

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

lala, i didnt say taht you were familiar with but you confirm that you meant being that animal singular form individually

which is the same conclusion do your math

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Growing them, you need to ask yourself if you are doing it for style or other reasons,

It's totally for the spiritual aspect. When I said I was inspired by the Rastafarians, I meant I want to do this for spiritual reason. The whole concept of dreadlocks really speaks to me, how it is about hair coming together to make stronger versions of strands of hair.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
he lete us cut them off and keep some of the huge ones that we had actually named.....( I know kinda weird)

)

Yeah that's the other thing I like about dreadlocks, is each one becomes a unique thing! Yeah there were vids online about how people had their favorite dreads and all that! The whole process just sounds really fun and enlightening, and I am prepared to do it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Dreads are great... i love em... if it wasnt for the fact that I’m a bald old git i would have a go myself

However, I am sure you will get judged and discriminated against... but such is life, and it’s a good way to weed out the people that are not worth hanging with anyway

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

wait i got it there

sheep at singular mean a lion hair makeup o ya the king is you or in you you mean, waooo get them all for you the meat gold crown

are you blond??

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Whether as a fashion statement, or for spiritual reasons, I have always been a fan of the dreads. Love 'em. But I do like them better when they appear groomed and trimmed, and not really, really long.

If I were a black guy, I would definitely have them.

Whoopi has them, and I don't care for them on her. I like them better on men.

Also, I too have heard the way to have them is from not brushing your hair. But you do have to wash them, I think.

Anyway, kewl on the dreads!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on dreadlocks?

Depends on who is wearing them. But for the most part I think it is almost ironic how much time and effort people will put into a hair style that is promoted as being made as just "not washing or brushing your hair". You want to look like you do not wash or brush your hair look at a homeless guy.

Do you automatically judge someone if they have dreadlocks?

Pretty much from dreadlocks i can tell that they make bad decisions, are probably in a band or wishes to one day have one and make little or no money.

Supposedly if we all didn't brush or manage our hair, we would all eventually have dreadlocks! That means if the SHTF, we are all gonna be running around with awesome dreads!

Umm no... Even if "SHTF" many people would still bother to keep clean. The native americans kept clean without any technology.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

It may just be me, imans, but I haven't the foggiest what you are talking about. Sorry I'm just not catching your drift, man.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

ya i guess it is just you here it cant be more plain than that joke

gold crown as lion for sheep ?? dont you get it lion king huh?? blondy style strong cannibal beast class, watever it is a joke relax noone is offending any god here of yours

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Dude chill. I wasn't offended and I didn't mean to hack you off (although I apparently did). I guess I just don't get the lion king blondy cannibal whatever joke.....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Are you related to yoda?

haha... just pulling your leg... but seriously... is English your first language because i'm struggling to understand you too!

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

lion hair is not a joke ? how dreadlocks are not funny hair
o sorry it is a very serious spiritual growth proof
well dreads are usually meaning being natural as animals without washing ever, like soulaj also said the wild world picture

but watever again i say, if humor is subjective then you dont have to get the joke dont you

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

i like english because i can speak like this i hope you dont mind or feel offended english is for everyone that is why it is international language

sorry but think of retarded that have the right of speech by using english like i do

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I went to cosmetology school for a hot couple of months and we had a girl who had dreads. She had hers for like 12 years so they were def. ending theyre life span. They kind of smelled bad but it is just dead hair matted and twisted together.

But, they started breaking off, she woke up and found her cat batting around one of her dreads and trying to eat it. She eventually cut them all off into that pixie cut that was so popular a couple years ago.

They're apparently a hassle but she said they had become a part of her and she cried when she cut them. But they do stink, and in my very humble opinion are really gross. But, I'm a ginger so to each his own.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

ok... er... right... sorry i still dont get you... is English your main language??

I just want to know so that i can better understand where you are coming from!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join