It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video/Pic* Apocalypse-Fearing Folk Can Seek Shelter in Futuristic $10 Million Doomsday Bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A California company called Vivos offers the chance to go underground when the world ends in 2012

A doomsday bunker envisioned by California company Vivos can offer you, your family, and 4,000 other people the chance to escape the end of the world in a network of 20 underground shelters. Surely even the skeptics can't resist the allure of scary music played over scenes of comfortable underground habitation, as NPR's All Tech Considered reports.

The company claims to be a privately-funded venture with no religious affiliations, except perhaps to the gods of commerce. It certainly takes an agnostic view by listing all the possible reasons why you might want to pony up and help build those $10 million bunkers, including predictions by Nostradamus, the Mayans, the Hopi, and the Bible.

Apocalypse-Fearing Folk Can Seek Shelter in Futuristic $10 Million Doomsday Bunker

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, when I win the lottery I'll buy one of these and invite everyone that S&F's this thread down on 21 Dec 2012 and we'll throw a big ATS end of the world party. I'll supply all Food & Beverages, just show up.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Looks like you'll be taking me WOOHOO!

On a more serious note:
There's nothing wrong with playing it safe in terms of the 2012 end of the world theory. I'm not holding my breathe for this whole doomsday thing to play out, but then again there's a lot of cultures across the world who seem to think there's something special about that date. Thankfully it's only two years away so I guess we will find out in no time.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder how much a smaller version using the same schematics would cost? Could we do it for under $20k?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The people who build it will know where it is.
Perhaps they will come back with machine guns and the skeleton key to the secret back door only they know about.
Maybe they will take your ten million now and clean out your gold, grain, and ammo later. Win-win.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I am on the list!

I am surprised it took so long for someone to think of a way to cash in.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How's this for coincidence

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Seeing as I cant predict the future, if I had that much spare cash Id probably do the best I could to protect my family which would mean giving up my second mansion to insure my real wealth (family). I would hope to never use it, but would sleep better knowling if I did have to its there ready and waiting.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You people are completely nuts. I only buy my shelter from V.A.U.L.T. Thats a company you can trust. This vivos or whatever is just cashin in on you people and thats sad.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Only in America!

That's all I say about this!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Only in America!

I don't think I'd have it any other way

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ok.... so how similar is that to the plot / design behind the underground bunkers on 'Fallout 3' for the Sony / Xbox.......

Vault-tech 101 anyone.....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Only because it has to be posted in every vault thread

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well look at it this way, when nothing happens, I will have purchased a really cool underground party pad

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
so during the end of the world. i can watch a big screen tv and check my email? according to the video. what about the food storage?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Even if just to cash in on people high strangenesses or fear,
the manufacturer must be pretty certain he'll manage
to sell out all the 'shelters'.
hmmm..
Does he know something we don't ?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I only have one word on this subject: Scam.

Yes, this sounds more like a scam than anything. "Hey, give us $10 million and we'll build your underground bunker." "When will it be finished?" "There's some legal work we have to jump thru. But once we get those out of the way you can move right in."....

Yeah Right!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Looks like an underground big brother house... surely anyone could build something similar anyway... just need the tools and know how.... some skills of renovating and you are there....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wouldnt it make a whole lot more sense to invest your $10 Million into building a bunker underneath the property you currently own? Less travel involved in case you are taken by surprize.

Personally, my bunker came in at only $9 million, so I had the extra money to upgrade the cabinets to redwood. I mean really, why not redwood cabinets?

"A network of underground shelters"? How much land did they buy up? Is it in California? Who in their right mind would want to live there up until the end of society, then go underground? The permitting process in CA with something like this has to be a nightmare. Also, for $10 million, I better get a say in who shares my shelter with me, how do I know one of the other 4,000 people isnt crazy and will steal my cans of beans?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here are maps and directions for some well provisioned underground survival facilities...

CST Bunkers

However you might have some cult followers to deal with..and they are armed and crazy.

Toulumene (The old Lady Washington Gold Mine) California

and

Trementina, New Mexico are the most interesting

[edit on 12-4-2010 by seataka]

new topics

top topics

join