Kenyan official: Obama born in KENYA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir, before we started debate on this Motion, the Speaker pointed out a very important matter in relation to the constitution-making process. I may be excused with respect to refer to one of the parts of the constitution that many of us would not referring to because we are more concerned with the body of the constitution rather than the preamble.

In the preamble, I found these words which are very important. In fact there are two parts of the preamble that I consider very important in this constitution-making process.

The first preamble says:-

“Honouring those who heroically struggled to bring freedom and justice to our land. Exercising our sovereign and inalienable right to determine the form of governance of our country and having participated fully in the making of this Constitution.”

So, if I begin with the last part of this preamble; it states in very clear terms that at the end of this process, the product that will go for publication as the Constitution of Kenya and become part of the basic law and the supreme law of the land, will be a document which has been made by the people of Kenya. This is quite different from the current Constitution, which was not a product, of neither this House nor the people of Kenya.

(snip)

So, I want to say that this document in its entirety – I am not saying that it is perfect – but it is better than anything that we have had before, and I commend it to this Parliament and the nation. But in saying that, without leadership, however good the document is, we need men and women who will be guided by the values contained in this document. If we do not live by the values and principles contained in this Constitution, all that is contained in this Constitution will be of no significance. This is because the unmaking of Kenya began by disregard and non-compliance of the law. We ended up in a dictatorship that we had to fight for so many years.

Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir, I have noticed that other than what my learned friend, hon. Kajwang, referred to in his contribution, about the sovereign power of the people, you will notice in the chapter dealing with the Executive, that unlike the present Constitution, the Executive authority of the President and Cabinet Secretary is derived from the people, which is quite unlike the current situation. If I can compare it with what was happening about ten to 15 years ago because the law has not changed significantly, there was a time that we were told that even to imagine or encompass the death of a President was treason.

I know that many Members of Parliament who are my colleagues here were taken away and detained on the basis that they encompassed and imagined the death of the “sovereign”. So, we have gone through great times and this is, therefore, a historical moment.

Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir, I want to end this contribution by saying that the most important chapter in this Constitution is about devolution. Without devolution, I can tell you, we are back to square one, because this is a presidential system. I want to be corrected in another 20 or 30 years that if we do not have devolution, the Presidency we have created is even more powerful than the current President. This is because the current President sits in the Cabinet with elected Members of Parliament. He derives membership of his Cabinet from this Parliament. He sits in Cabinet with people who relate to the people directly. This is a President who is not a Member of the Legislature. So, the only way that we can check this Presidency is through devolution.

Any system – even monarchical systems – where there is a diffusion and de-concentration of power, be it in Old Germany or the Anglo Saxons, where there was devolution, you could see that not only the promises of liberty but also development could be achieved. I assure you that what we are even trying to do through the Constituencies Development Fund (CDF) by devolving funds is not re-inventing the wheel.

There was mechanism and systems for taking funds to the districts in various programmes but there was no legal and lawful framework for accountability and representation at the lowest level. So, the CDF has made a little bit more progress than the District Commissioners (DCs) who were managing large funds but had no accountability or there was no system for interrogating them.

Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir, if we are creating regions or counties on the basis of ethnicity, you have missed the point about devolution. If we want to live in ethnic cocoons, devolution will not resolve our problems. Even a Member of Parliament said yesterday that Kenya is still a tribal country even as we say that we are a unitary State. Devolution is giving the promises of better governance because you are taking the administration, accountability and resources to the people.

If you look at Nairobi today, the Maasai or Kikuyus can claim Nairobi today, but times have changed. Nairobi now is a metropolitan City. In another ten years, Mandera also will be a metropolitan city. So, the way to look at devolution is about governance. If at all we take this Constitution without looking at the elements of devolution properly, then I am afraid we have missed the boat.

We should be very courageous and brave because in 1963, resources were going to the regions. It was not by changing the Constitution that the regions went but by starving the regions of funds and even the power to tax the regions. That is how the regions were killed. But when the regions were working, even hon. Ngala was feeling better and safer as the president of the Coast region rather than being a Member of Parliament here.

The other thing that we are addressing through devolution is exclusion. What has made us suffer as a nation is exclusion. Once people feel excluded, even when you want to employ a policeman or constable or you want to build a dispensary, it must come from the centre. In the colonial days, these things were being done on the ground and they could give bursaries and build roads. I commend devolution. Those who fear devolution are living in the past. They are being guided by their ethnic consideration and objectives. They are living in the past.

If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America? It is because they did away with exclusion. What has killed us here is exclusion; that once Mr. Orengo is President, I know of no other place than Ugenya. That is why we were fighting against these many Presidencies in the past. I hope that Kenya will come of age. This country must come of age. People want freedom and nations want liberation, but countries want independence.

I beg to support.

Posted before it disappears,

If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America? It is because they did away with exclusion. What has killed us here is exclusion; that once Mr. Orengo is President, I know of no other place than Ugenya. That is why we were fighting against these many Presidencies in the past. I hope that Kenya will come of age. This country must come of age. People want freedom and nations want liberation, but countries want independence.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

My opinion of his birthplace isn't important but just to point out a fact about Kenyan politics...

It is corrupt! The ODM is favorable with Odinga and the Luo tribe (which Obama's father allegedly was part of). I've been in Kenya several times in the last decade and I can tell you that EVERYONE will say they are related to Barack Obama! It's actually a common joke, every cab driver you meet knew Obama growing up and is related to his uncle *cough*.

The opinion of a Kenyan lawyer, President, anyone no matter who doesn't make the slightest difference in the truth of this matter.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Just to point out FACT US politics is corrupt

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Many have been speculating for some time now that one good way to fix the economy would be to legalize marijuana, or weed, and tax it. Problem is, no president would do this or even be able to present the subject in a good light this except for ofcourse Obama.

Obama is accepted as being generally intelligent, despite being a heavy stoner in his earlier days. This is the perfect catalyst for legalizing weed because it would show how it doesnt inhibit you, and a weedhead became president. The Budweiser-paid-for pot propaganda campaigns are losing their grip and people are starting to wake up.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

No, but I expect to see the BIRTH CERTIFICATE, not a Certificate of Live Birth that was available to ANYONE living in HI regardless of where in the world they were born. Sounds pretty simple, eh?

Yes I totally agree,
Listen, I am a nobody,
just a simple guy that had and raised some kids, working his entire life, and just doing the best I can to enjoy it, not harm others or myself, and just trying to do some good things and some things that could maybe, make a difference.
I am a nobody on the grand scale of world events, I'm not connected, I'm not rich or powerful in worldly ways,
BUT
"If" I wanted a birth certificate from a number of countries, with my name on it, I could have one in less than a week.
People need to quit with the birthers are nuts crap,
it's a legitimate unanswered question that has been skirted.
I really dont care about any negative responses to what I just wrote, what I said is fact,
"If" I wanted one I could have something to wave in front of you in less than a week, and "if" I needed a back story to support the fake paper, I'd have it too,
and I'm a nobody, mr zero,
Now imagine traveling in the circles that Barry does and has?
Pu Leeze ?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Yes i'm american. I swear 20 things went through my head when you replied so negatively to me, but people like you are apart of life. And me dealing with your negative attitude in a positive way just adds to personal growth for me. So for that i appreciate your remark. I will most definitely add it to my list of experiences.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

The controversy will not be resolved. There is method to this madness and diversion, division and chaos are the products. The prior POTUS was a man who claimed a Christian faith but acted in no meaningful way the part of a Christian. That conflict provided diversion, division and chaos. This current man of dubious faith has promised above all transparency. The conflict between this, his profession of faith and his actions again provide diversion, division and chaos. Is their successful method not apparent by now? Is their collusion not apparent? Two parties but one goal. Dividing and conquering the populace once and for all.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Weird behavior to me would be him not coming forward right away with the proof to the American public when people started this rumor, maybe I am different I would wanna disprove people if I was in a position such as his.
And as far as whats not adding up, dunno I was using that as description of what I hoped people would do. I know you're looking to twist this around on me, for some reason I feel like I stepped on your toes or something. Like I said I'm not a birther I don't have the little tid bits of info they have plastered all over their computers, I as a concerned American citizen was making a statement about what I knew of the situation. But I do know that without absolute proof this subject could go either way for a long time. Just like another poster said, just like JFK and all the other mysteries in the past anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
imagine this scenario...

Obama calls a press conference and walks into the white house press room and scotch taped his orignal birth certificate on the front of the podium. You know, the official birth certificate that we or our parents all have stored away in a fire proof safe or whatever... Not the fresh one printed off a staffers computer. Wouldn't that be the ultimate STFU birthers moment? So, do it and quiet the conspiracy.

I know, I know... He doesn't have to prove anything to me according to some, but politically doesn't it seem to be low hanging fruit? Provide the original and you will immediately discredit an entire group of birther conspiracy theorist. Maybe i'm missing something but it seems like a win win for Obama to just provide it. He can laugh it off and say "look how stupid these people are." Instead they continue to let it smoke and choose to discredit through the media and ardent supporters.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yea nice picture of Obama's short form COLB from Hawaii. Here is a picture of his long form birth certificate from Kenya with official stamps and a footprint on it. Can we get a look at Obama's foot to see if the prints line up.... Keep believing what you want and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...
www.panamalaw.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by doublehelix

whatukno.com...

Obama calls a press conference and walks into the white house press room and scotch taped his orignal birth certificate on the front of the podium. You know, the official birth certificate that we or our parents all have stored away in a fire proof safe or whatever... Not the fresh one printed off a staffers computer. Wouldn't that be the ultimate STFU birthers moment? So, do it and quiet the conspiracy.

No it wouldn't, because he posted a copy of his birth certificate on the internet for everyone to see and look where we are.

Birthers lie, change their story, make up forgeries, lie, lie, and lie some more and we are still supposed to believe the birther's lie over what has been shown and backed up?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
You never volunteered for military service, did you? You never got a passport, did you? You never underwent a SF-86 investigation, did you?

"I call BS" Juvenalia.

Huh? What the hell does this even mean? Of course not. I was not responding to any of that. I was quite clearly responding to this

I expect EVERY president to show his Birth Certicate! I have to show mine when I get a job

No passport, no military service, no SF-86 investigation. None of that matters though because that has nothing to do with what was said. Just to get a job? I have never had to produce mine just to get a job and I have had quite a few jobs.

If you need to stretch that far just to try and call BS on me, you are going to hurt yourself. I never needed to show it to get a job. Prove I am lying.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No it wouldn't, because he posted a copy of his birth certificate on the internet for everyone to see and look where we are.

NO!, HE, didn't post anything.

So is James Orengo lying?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by kozmo

Did you demand to see Bush's? Clinton's? Reagan's? Carter's?

Were there questions regarding Bush (senior maybe..i.e. George Schlerf(f), Clinton, Reagan, Ford, Wilson, Taft or any others?

Not really...but since the issue has been raised...I am almost certain that is there had been questions about the actual BC's, they could have been produced in short order, instead of having True Americans still questioning it 2 years later...still.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

Why were the questions raised now? Why are people so worried about a black man being president, when they have had 2 presidents directly related to a Nazi supporter (Bush 1 and 2)? That is far more worrisome.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

You have hit the nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by doublehelix

whatukno.com...

While i am thinking about this, i don't know what to believe about anything. The link you posted provides "evidence" based on guarantees of authenticity by the likes of, factcheck.org (owned and operated by the Annenberg Foundation), Snopes (who knows who these people are or who conducts their research), and politifact.com is owned and operated by the St. Petersburg times (we all know that different newspapers have different political leanings).

The same argument could be made against any of the blogs that contend tha the BC provided is fake. So, who knows what to believe. I am a natural skeptic i suppose, so i will lean to side that is against the grain.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join