It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Collateral Damage" - Spinning Away Murder in Iraq (MSNBC video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.veteranstoday.com...

Excuses, explanations or conspiracy and misprision of a felony

Time for the "spin masters" to "pay the fiddler"

MSNBC, in an excellent video, has put out both sides of the story on the 2007 "video game murder" in Iraq. The most telling aspect of this story isn't just that we now know our own Army leaked the video or that many others like it exist, it is the lengths we go to using "surrogates" to spin away murder. Years of lies droning on, filling the American airwaves have made senseless and fantasy based explanations for daily issues, be they war, health care or the presidents birth certificate subject to "conspiracy theory." What so many Americans have awakened to is that our real conspiracies are all formulated "at the top" where money and power seek to control public opinion thru disinformation. Now we are being told black is white on a video we can actually see.

I wish to thank WikiLeaks and the people of the United States military who leaked this film along with those who support realistic reforms that this film demands. Taking a moment to put some reality into the spin, misinformation and attempts at a cover-up, we can get a few facts out.

1. This film was made during the height of the surge. The area filmed is called a "hot zone." This explanation, through omission, is a lie. The primary activity of the surge was not combat but rather the realignment of the armed militias in the region being filmed through cash payments. If the two armed security people with the Reuters group were militia members, they were most likely employees of the United States government receiving a $300 a month stipend. Journalists are in far more danger in these areas than any other group, including American troops. The number of journalists kidnapped and murdered is astounding. These journalists would have had security personnel with them in that neighborhood.

I thought I would share this video because I enjoyed to see what they had to say. I really enjoy listening to Julian, as he seems very educated and a genuinely nice guy.

It is amazing what is going on over there and people just try to find excuses for that crap that is going on over there. Pathetic, to say the least.

I would also like the know how people thought they saw RPG's from a camera. Maybe the pilots need eye tests.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

P.S. I really like the story about the guy not shooting the kid that through a cup at him.
This guy deserves a metal.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
(At 3:45) Military guy: "The mission was to protect the population, and actually, that mission has succeeded."

While in the background rolls a video of said military gunning down said population...
Did I miss the memo? When was the word 'protection' redefined?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video!

As an European it is quite interesting to see how this got reported on in the U.S.

Here it was all over the front page news in the newspapers and in the TV news with great discussions afterwards about this cold blooded murdering.

And I think this MSNBC video was interesting to see from an European perspective.

Cheers!

join