It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 quake - Granada, Spain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The link regarding Mayan and Bible prophecies ?

I checked it out, while I'd like to believe it true I don't believe what I read in the bible so that goes out of the window, the Mayan stuff I could believe but my indecisive mind makes me wondered if it's all just mistranslated.

However if anything does happen on the scale the prophecies claim there's likely not much we can do about it so instead of worrying about it just sit back and enjoy the exciting times ahead of us. At least if it kills me I'll have witnessed something truely spectacular before I die

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I repeated the following in the Solomon Islands earthquake thread and I think it's just as relevant in this one.
Seems like the trend is

EARTHQUAKES: An analysis indicating increasing frequency and severity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bed460ccf27e.jpg[/atsimg]

Looking at the above summary, it is plainly obvious that overall, earthquake activity was on a gradual decline in the decades prior to 1990 but then unexpectedly, in the year 1991, some kind of 'tipping point' was reached and the number and intensity of subsequent earthquakes in all magnitude ranges began a steady and statistically significant increase.
Amalgamating all the data from the 3 magnitude ranges still shows a consistent and undeniable trend of increasing earthquake activity as is obvious in the overall increase of 38%.

So, can we conclude that the 'feelings' and 'impressions' that many ATS members have regarding significant increases in earthquake activity is justified ?
From the above analysis, it appears that we can conclude that there is indeed strong justification for such a belief.

PREDICTION

Based on the observed trends, it is more than likely that earthquake activity will continue to increase over time and that based on the above clearly observed trends, the greater proportion of future major earthquake events will be seen to occur primarily within the 6.0 to 6.9 magnitude range. However, it would also appear that we will be seeing increasing numbers of events also occurring within the 7.0 to 7.9 and 8.0 and higher magnitude ranges, compared to what were observed to have happened in past decades.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

However if anything does happen on the scale the prophecies claim there's likely not much we can do about it so instead of worrying about it just sit back and enjoy the exciting times ahead of us. At least if it kills me I'll have witnessed something truely spectacular before I die

I will never be able to wrap my head around what people can
have against a book. That's just me though. I think people from all walks of life should be fascinated by the most beautiful piece of ancient literature mankind has in his library. People get to hung up on it's religious ideals.
If their not for you that dosn't mean you have to ignore it. Or it's
relevence.
Maybe it's that scary. I don't know.

Tuaristercus,
You are a man of great works.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

maybe the earth is unzipping itself at the underground seams.
just joking. no, did not hear about the quake. i sincerely hope nobody
was harmd.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have no issues with the book, I just choose not to believe what it has to say, to me it's just a book of fiction with some documented truth (place names, certain events, etc) much like most fictional books that have been written throughout time

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I'm sure I don't have to make you aware there are other ways to percieve
the text besides from a religious view point.

Also there's not to much mistaking for anything fictional when it says
" In the days when the towers fall". Not exactly a quatrain if you ask me.

i

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by randyvs

I have no issues with the book, I just choose not to believe what it has to say, to me it's just a book of fiction with some documented truth (place names, certain events, etc) much like most fictional books that have been written throughout time

Don't forget the missing page from the Bible...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Ok. I expected that. No I really did.

But that's not the reality of the thing and I'm not preaching.
Do Bible scholars catch this kind of flack from you guys?:

Lets drop it for my sake.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Ok. I expected that. No I really did.

But that's not the reality of the thing and I'm not preaching.
Do Bible scholars catch this kind of flack from you guys?:

Lets drop it for my sake.

Just a humorous interjection

While I don't "believe" the Bible in a religious sense, the New Testament in itself is a fantastic historical document. People can interpret it as they like

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

You mean apart from the comment about times "foretold" and the link to a site named exodus2006, and the response to mine, citing bible passages that apparantly will blow my mind, which i will not check by the way, the reasons for which I will not go into here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Very deep so would cause no damage, Something is a shaking though..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join