It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silva makes mockery of UFC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a new section that I never went to before. Alright, good times!

The only thing that I have watched that was fighting, well that it isn't exactly fighting, is wrestling that is choreographed. That's how far I went with fighting at a young age. I did Tae-Kwon-Do for about 2 years. I was however laid back when I was sparring, didn't give it my all, cause I do feel bad to lay hits on another person. Or I get afraid that I might hurt the other person of who I'm sparring with. The worst that I got from Tae-Kwon-Do sparring was that I was getting ready for a back kick. One of my opponents hit the dead center of my back, and felt the shock going through my spine, I was worried one day if it would cause some serious back problems later on. But as we all know we are well aware of what is supposed to happen when we sign up for things like these.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Funny you mentioned that, but direct hits to the spine are illegal in MMA.

There are a lot of illegal moves, actually. The fighters safety is the number 1 concern (theoretically). I like it that way, because some of these guys are so talented, I would hate to see them seriously hurt, and not be able to fight again and again and again...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I agree. I was entertained when they had the ridiculously huge heavyweights years ago, but the newer UFC with actual talented fighters is far better.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You know...I think something is up in the UFC...I don't know if the fighters are pissed off or what...but something is up.

The only good fights lately are the prelims...the main events have sucked (GSP vs Hardy was good tho).

But last night...Hughes vs Gracie, Penn vs Edgar, and Silva vs Maia....none of them wanted to finish...heck...they hardly fought.

I've never seen Hughes (or any fighter) back off as much he did last night. He could of went in to finish so many times and nothing.

Edgar and Penn danced around for 5 rounds...I think Edgar won because he looked more active with head movement.

And Silva was just a joke...one flying knee and then nothing.

I don't know...just seemed like maybe they were trying to make Dana look bad for some reason.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well most of the top level UFC guys are disgruntled about their pay. They see how much Dana White is making from the sweat of their backs, and alot of them want a better cut.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
Maybe thinks now that fighting is maybe... Pointless.. Maybe he's waking up to the fact that fighting in general is probably childish and immature, and angry and probably disgusted that some people enjoy watching these fights.

Don't knock it just because you don't like it.. if two grown ass men want to fight and they like it, then who are you to say they're immature fools?
Some people like danger and action.

I like fighting but I don't go around messing with people, I'm no bully, I've had to fight in a lot of situations when talking was not an option. It's a rush.. it's that simple. You don't get to choose what you like or what your instincts tell you to do in certain situations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join