It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When might we start to notice a difference in our everday lives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So, it seems clear the past few months that things are starting to really go downhill when it comes to the economy, politics, etc.

So my question to you guys is when do you think our every day lives might start to change as a result of these things? Living in the suburbs, i hear about all these things, but don't really see the effects. I'm in the 'let's get the party started' mindset.

I'll guess around early-mid 2011 for me. What about you? Are you already being affected?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
So, it seems clear the past few months that things are starting to really go downhill when it comes to the economy, politics, etc.

Actually, we have been down in the dumps for 18 or so months...we are in a upward trend
2009 was a throw away year due to ineffective congress, massive job losses monthly, etc...now in 2010, things are getting done (agree with it or not, the stagnation is over) and we are now growing jobs verses losing em.

As far as effecting me personally...my business runs on the "free money" of other businesses...when they do well, I do well...and business has been crappy for quite sometime...but I keep optimistic.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I see what you are saying...

Maybe it's just me, but i kind of feel like the problems are stacking up, and the pile is just starting to tumble over. I just wonder how long until it all comes crashing down

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Most of what is happening is driven by uncertainty, therefore no one can predict what or when, but everybody seems to sense the inevitable.

In part this is generated fear and uncertainty by extremist political elements who seek to exploit those fears and uncertainty in future elections. So don't believe all of the fear-mongering and obvious paranoid propaganda.

It is bad, and it will get worse, but these cycles have come and gone throughout our history.

Believe it or not it has been worse than the worst they are projecting these times can get, yet there is always a rebound and a return to better times.

Don't live in fear, don't feed the fear-mongers, stay informed, prepare logically and remember to enjoy LIFE no matter what happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It depends on who you are, what you do, where you are located, and so on.

Just look at the statistics...millions and millions are already "feeling the effects" in various ways, whether its a need for belt-tightening, an evaporation of savings, or more serious shocks like foreclosure and homelessness.

Perhaps conditioned by movies, people think of economic woe in very dramatic terms...cue the furious violin background music, bankers plunge out of windows, etc...but in reality the sky stays blue and the birds keep chirping -- even if your buddy is living in a car and half the houses in your neighborhood have "for sale" signs on them.

Just take a look around...unless you are in one of those rare never-never-lands of ultra-wealth like the Upper East Side in NYC or Beverly Hills, CA, I guarantee you will see some signs of malaise. Perhaps your library is closed an extra day of the week, perhaps your fire department has cut its work force...another thing: people are proud and obsessed with "keeping up appearances," so you rarely know how bad things really are just by looking. Your co-worker may give you an easy smile at work and tell you in a chipper voice things couldn't be better, but you don't see him at midnight sitting in front of a pile of bills screaming at his wife and pulling his hair out by the roots.

top topics

join