It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Mrs God???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I know this thread is a bit tongue in cheek, but the comment that figures in the Bible are polygamist and single men, not the "1950's nuclear family" got me thinking:

First of all, I think the bible has been perverted by religion and all of that jazz. The details (i.e. the polygamy thing.) of the story were meant for a certain time, but the lessons are timeless, Back in "the day" the population was significantly smaller, more people randomly died, and one good plague could wipe out a whole region. I think our human instincts would tell us that we really should "be fruitful and multiply".

Jump to the 1950's, population is out of control, so the whole nuclear family idea is a lot more popular. America as a whole was finally settled into a specific area, and things were starting to get crowded. 2.5 kids was a good settlement.

If there was a lifelong bachelor in the 50's, it was weird. (even Sinatra got married and had kids) But now, it's getting more and more acceptable. Not meaning to sound mystic or anything like that, but it really is a mass shift in thinking we are undergoing.

Thanks for the topic, really got me thinking!

Edit:where I made myself sound like I supported polygamy

[edit on 4/13/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just a few words if you want to search such things...

Holy Spirit, Comforter, and Wisdom.

Have you ever read where David seeks out the Wisdom of the Spirit....he refers to this as a 'she'.

And in the Gospels of Peace...it talks about the Earth being our mother, the one that bore our bodies of flesh and how our mothers wisdom is different then our fathers wisdom.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I was also about to correct you by saying there is no 'e' in sex(e) ... but of course that is a relative point.

Well, feel free to correct me. I wasn sure about that last e. English is not my native language, but I guess that's obvious. ;-)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mrs God is wrapped up in the arms of Mr God and together they could be known as The Great Hermaphrodite. It was just a bunch of men that decided God was an old 'man' in the sky.

Edit to add: if one was to split God into separate sexes then I suppose that Father God, aka energy, and Mother Matter, aka physical manifestation, conceive a son or daughter of consciousness, aka soul. After all, why bother having a Universe if there's no one there to be aware of it.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

There is no god.

There is only a multitude of alien races who deposited us on this planet during slightly different times as a kind of social experiment. It's not working by the way.

You can't prove any of that either.

You're right, but IMO the alien theory is much more plausible.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
In the Western countries the evangelical forms of Christianity encourage society to return to the heterosexual nuclear family. But this makes me wonder, where is this nuclear 1950's style family unit in The Bible? If Jesus is our greatest example in everything, then where is his wife? And before that in the Old Testament, where is Mrs God?
Are there vague references anywhere to a female energy in God or influencing Him?
I know the Gnostics and other mystic conspiracies within Christianity have interpretations on this (especially popularized by the Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown).
But mostly marriage advice is taken from OT polygamists, or "celibate" apostles.
So I'm very confused by this contemporary evangelism on gender relations as an ideal family unit, because I really don't see it anywhere.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by halfoldman]

The Right Wing Christian God is a vengful God. So that means (at least to me:shk
that GOD IS A GIRL. And I'm a dude saying this. For if Hell has no furry like a woman's scorn, then that would explain the earthquake in Hati and other disasters around the world and why we Americans and other people fourtant to live in the developed world have alot of womans rights hardly see disasters like Hati.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join