The Lost and Hidden connection between Religions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this thread (I realize OP has already visited here) should take a look at ProtoplasmicTraveler's thread on "All Roads Lead To Rome". m.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

this thread suggests that the information was LOST and we're just now rediscovering how they are connected, thanks to archaeology. proto's thread just throws this all away, so all the hard work to wrest the data from the ancient pages of history, is useless under his premise. i'm still shocked that some people actually think it's possible that rome could've written all the ancient texts, the hieroglyphs, the cuneiforms, the mesopotamian languages, and etc, not to mention creating all the artifacts, even going to all the trouble of burying them

[edit on 29-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I thought Proto just started his story after high egypt and the babylonians? But then again I am only about 3/4 of the way through his massive post... overloaded my brain too much haha.

I don't think Keystone Cuts have been mentioned in this thread yet? Hopefully the History Channel mentions them in the Ancient Aliens documentary with D.H. Childress.

I don't have an online resource about them right now, but Childress talks about them in detail in one of his online lectures on YT or google vids.

Keystone cuts might actually be the smoking gun that everyone is looking for. They are an incredibly complex method of building megalithic structures - found in South America as well as Egypt. probably other places, but who knows

I just wrote about them for my linguistic class, and I also researched the possible etymology of the word 'Cabala'. Here is part of the paper that I wrote:

One of the most interesting words that has been used by the english language, and several other modern ones that have an actual historical connection, like Arabic, is ‘Kabala’ or ‘Qabballah’ or any other permutation of the spelling using those sounds. The Cabballah is the secret teachings and esoteric side of Judaism. The idea is that the Cabala explains the spiritual link between infinite ‘God’ and finite man, helping students to understand their place in the scheme of things. The exact circumstances of the Cabala’s origin is disputed. Whether it came from Adam in Eden, or from the enlightened Moses, like any mystical or religious tradition the origins are dubious, and probably very secret and hardly tangible now. However, perhaps my etymological theory of the word will help to chart its course through history.

In Egypt, the word ‘Ka’ probably has nearby African roots, and is associated with a sort of spiritual or ghostly double, or perhaps a spiritual life force or what we would now call a ‘spirit’. [6] ‘Ba’, the second syllable of ‘Cabala’, is also an Egyptian term probably stemming from African roots that could be considered a close counterpart to ‘ka’, and is associated with the soul or the ‘creative principle’.[6]. When I first thought of this interpretation, I had a hard time figuring out where the last syllable ‘lah’ could have come from because it wasn’t a readily popular Egyptian term that I know of. You can imagine my excitement, then, when I stumbled upon this nugget during my research for this paper:

‘In this group of languages[Kwa group of Sudanic languages] and also in other groups of Sudanic tongues there is a suffix li, which is of unknown meaning; it is, especially in Ewe, Twi and Ga, added to nouns without, so far as can be seen, altering their meaning. This suffix li is found to undergo various changes; added to a word with a root vowel a, the vowel of the suffix may be assimilated, so that the word takes the form bala; this again takes the forms bla, ba'a, ba, bal; there are other possible variations with which we are not now concerned.’[6, emphasis mine]

I had of course heard of the Cabala long before I stumbled upon this strong possibility for the etymology of the word. Moses himself is said to have come from Egypt, bringing knowledge to the Israelites. The Cabala and other Hebrew texts are very precise and cryptic, so incorporating these Egyptian terms into the name for their philosophical and mystical system seems to fit perfectly into their tradition of encoding numbers and meaning directly into the language. Also, the legends of the Cabala’s origin lend to the idea that the term is indeed coming from Egypt. I speculated earlier that the geographical location for ‘Eden’ was perhaps the Nile Delta, among other places, and some Hebrews apparently think the Cabala came from Eden.

So upon researching this particular case of ancient etymology, it became apparent quickly that a google search for the subject returns several ‘fringe’ sites that have also now caught on to this etymology of the word Cabala. I give my honest word that I did indeed get the idea for the ‘Ka’ and ‘Ba’ relationship long before I had ever seen any speculation on the matter by others. As in the case of the simultaneous development of the theory of evolution during by Darwin and Wallace in the mid-nineteenth century, something so obvious was bound to be ‘discovered’ by more than one person because of the similar environment they existed in.

The '6' citation is from N.W. Thomas, ‘What is the Ka?’

What do you think Undo? I am curious what you think of the Keystone cuts, if you have heard of them, and also about the proposed kabala etymology?

Thoughts are welcome. (I got a B+ on the paper by the way
)

[edit on 29-4-2010 by beebs]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think your absolutely right, that the Dharmic faiths and Abrahamic faiths have a syncretic pattern between them.

The pattern of the uncreated supreme skyfather/heavenly father can be found from Egypt to China.

The Chinese had the skyfather Shangdi, who they idenitified with Tien or Heaven.

The Mongols and Turks had the skyfather Tengri.

The Sumerians had the skyfather Anu.

The Canaanites and Phoenicians had El.

The Egyptians had Amon.

The Greeks had Ouranos.

The Indians had Dyauspitar.

What is interesting is a thunder god often supplants, usurps, or is crowned supreme in later myths, replacing the Skyfather.

The Sumerian EnLil, Levantine Baal-Hadad, the Greek Zeus, the Indian Indra are all examples of this.

The supremacy of the thunder god isn't universal, often time the thunderer is the right hand or regent of the skyfather.

Compare to the Germanic god Thor who reigns with the Allfather Odin. The Egyptian Set, though he kills the Enki like culture god Osiris, still is the defender of the gods against the anti-god Apophis.

Often this thunder god is enemies with a culture god.

EnKi of Sumeria.

Osiris of Egypt.

Prometheus of Greece.

Loki of the Germans.

Edit to add: I wanted to get your opinion on a hypothesis I have in regards to biblical figures and syncretic patterns.

I think we could both agree that the G-d of Abraham is the Skyfather.

I think I have identified the Thunderer and Culture giver from Abrahamic texts.

The Thunderer often has an authority over the world, superior to most of the other "gods", can be tyrannical and often has a destructive mentality against humanity.

This is very clear in the Sumerian EnLil. Zeus and Set also seem to fit this description.

In the Bible there is one being in the Book of Job who has contempt for humanity and has a position of authority over the Bnai Elohim. In the Christian testament he is called Prince of the Powers of the Aer, Aer in this being Heaven. The powers most likely being the Bnai Elohim. He is also called the Ruler of the Powers and Principalities that are described as ruling from the Heavens. In the Greek the word epouraniois or "in the Heavens" is used. The other title is Ruler of the world.

Many of these titles are like titles given to EnLil and Indra.

I'm pretty sure you have guessed by now who I'm talking about. Again I'm going off in context Biblical text and looking back at the source languages, not misconceptions taught in Sunday school.

Some would have probably thought I would pick Ha-Satan as a culture god, but no. There is nothing Biblical in context to suggest it.

The culture god on the other hand would be figure that some call Satan, but is in fact another being entirely. By that I mean the recipient of the scapegoat, Azazel.

Azazel in the Book fo Enoch is a Promethean character. He comes down from Heaven bringing crafts and civilization to humanity before the Flood, just as EnKi did.

Azazel also has an association with goats, as does EnKi. EnKi was associated with the constellation of Capricorn.

So Sumerian myth reinterpreted by this view would mean:

Anu= G-d (We already know Anu is an analog to the Phoenician El)

EnLil= Satan

EnKi= Azazel

[edit on 30/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

also about the proposed kabala etymology?

yeah some words appear to have crossed boundaries with enmerkar (egyptian narmer, biblical nimrod), from akkad to egypt, such as KA. the early akkadian name of the tower of babel was KA.DINGIR.RA (gate of god)

(dingir means deity or god, but is depicted as a star, thus

which is why i think it means star gate.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Please do not mis-characterize PT's thread.

If people want to go to the thread and check it out, then put a link, but what you have engaged in is called triangulation.

If you want to engage the debate in PT's thread, then do so in that thread, but what do you expect to gain from trash talking PT in a thread that is only vaguely related?

Dbloch saw some similarities and posted a link to the thread.

ATTN MODS: If this comment is off-topic, then please remove it, but could you also please remove the previous off-topic post that I am referencing in this post.

I am a poster to this thread and I am a happy reader of the information found HERE.

If I wanted to talk about the information there, then I would go to the information THERE.

Dbloch posted a link and suggested the readers take a look, and that is all.
That is acceptable, in my humble opinion.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

hey it's just my opinion of his post, the post of dbloch and how this thread would be impacted were proto's info be enforced as legitimate history. to say the entire ancient world is a roman fabrication (which would include the bits of data suggesting the connection between ancient religions) is ludicrous and encouraging people to read it is no different in my estimation than encouraging people to read a newspaper article that is biased

let's look at this way for a moment. this thread suggests there are similarities between religions. one person looks at it and says: see, they were all written by the same people. another person looks at it and says see, this proves their cultures were intermixed and exchanging similar data because it is based on real events. which is true, is the real question. and it is my opinion (which i'm entitled too), that this proves their cultures were intermixed and exchanging similar data because it is based on real events.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilch
your connection are wrong because islam has nothing to do with cresent moon ,its not its symbol,islam has no symbol, its that simple,islam doesnot have symbol like Christianity has cross.
and how i know that?cause i am muslim.
and also a star and moon is not Islamic symbol,

There is nothing in the Bible that states that the cross is a Christian 'symbol'. If anything, the Catholics, not Christians, have used the ancient Egyptian symbol for a leather sandal. The cross with a circle. Almost none know that. And almost NO Muslims know that Mohammeds family in Palestine had a family 'god'. Palestine had 360 gods, one for every day of the year before the orbit was changed with the passing of Nemesis. The god they chose as their own was the Moon god, Allah. There were idols of him, and they have found at least one now. Mohammed was having some family 'difficulties' and apparently to try to rectify them, he used that same Allah as his new 'one god'. Except that originally, Mohammed preached that his two daughters were also to be worshipped. He later changed this to what we see now. So you're an expert on Islam, since you are one? I'll wager you didn't know any of this, and will deny it until you check it out. Then you will either become quiet, or emphatically deny history.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

As I said, I deplore triangulation.

I like this thread for the information posted here and I do not wish to compare it with another thread.

It is highly disrespectful to both OPs, in my opinion.

If I wanted to comment on the information found in another thread, then I would go to the other thread.

Congrats... You are officially on ignore status.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

i read that too, also, i found out that allah is jehovah. the etymology goes like this:

EN.LIL (god of breathe, air, sky, heaven)
is LIL
who is IL
who is ILAH
who is ILU
who is EL
who is ELOI
who is ELOHIYM
who is 'AL

it basically means "divine spirit being" but can be simply translated as god.

an etymologist described the evolution of the al'lah word: take the ILAH example, attach to it the word "the" which is "AL" and you have AL'ILAH, foundation for AL'LAH ,which means the same thing (the god). pretty much all the mesopotamian god words derive from the name EN.LIL, from what i can tell. for example, BABEL means GATE OF GOD (BAB = GATE, EL=GOD), which was from the word BABILU (same word, earlier translation of LIL).

muhammad, from what i've read, was saying the god teaching had been corrupted by incorporating into the many gods belief. actually he's right and wrong at the same time, from what i can tell, which is why ancient history has been so confusing for so many people. and here's why:

the other god names all derive from the word LIL because they were all divine spirit beings. there was only one ILAH but there were many ILAHs sounds like a contradictory statement but isn't because the word was applied singularly (to en.lil) and collectively to the other divine spirit beings, if that makes sense.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The sacred geometries of the major religions have now been shown to be mathematically equivalent to one another. If you wish to learn about this amazing accomplishment, the implications of which are profound, as well as the connection between scientific discoveries and the information embodied in sacred geometries, please visit:

www.smphillips.8m.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
What is interesting is a thunder god often supplants, usurps, or is crowned supreme in later myths, replacing the Skyfather.

The Sumerian EnLil, Levantine Baal-Hadad, the Greek Zeus, the Indian Indra are all examples of this.

The supremacy of the thunder god isn't universal, often time the thunderer is the right hand or regent of the skyfather.

Compare to the Germanic god Thor who reigns with the Allfather Odin. The Egyptian Set, though he kills the Enki like culture god Osiris, still is the defender of the gods against the anti-god Apophis.

Often this thunder god is enemies with a culture god.

EnKi of Sumeria.

Osiris of Egypt.

Prometheus of Greece.

Loki of the Germans.

Edit to add: I wanted to get your opinion on a hypothesis I have in regards to biblical figures and syncretic patterns.

I think we could both agree that the G-d of Abraham is the Skyfather.

I think I have identified the Thunderer and Culture giver from Abrahamic texts.

The Thunderer often has an authority over the world, superior to most of the other "gods", can be tyrannical and often has a destructive mentality against humanity.

If you think about it, from a common sense point of view, it is obvious. As soon as one becomes sedentary, rather than nomadic, and moreover, agarian, rather than hunter gatherer, the god that denotes rainfall has far greater power. If you are dependent, as a group, on the success of a single crop, then the rain or lack there of, or of too great a quantity, then that god 'giveth and taketh away' with devastating effect. If you live by the seasons, taking what nature provides in it's natural form, then the sun and the rain have equal importance and are largely beneficial and benevolent. And moreover, the fire that results from lightening strikes is a blessing of nature, and not a destroyer of fixed homesteads or crops. It is most likely that our relationship with fire began through a lightening strike in the Northern Hemisphere before we learnt to control it, and it is that relationship that gave us supremacy over (and more importantly protection from) the other large predators who remained fearful of fire. It is only when we became settled that the rain was a scourge or 'vengeful' destroyer. As hunter gatherers, if an area was devasted by flood, we just moved on, we had no material bonds to be taken away.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Did you know that Judaism also has a form of Yoga?

Ophanim Yoga

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey Skyfloating, please stop by this thread I made that links to a certain site you might find fascinating. It makes a bunch of connections between religions that I had never noticed before, but it is specifically connecting them to a form of Mother Goddess worship.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is a connection between the major religions and the connection is that all of them employ a similar allegoric code. A single real world idea can have multiple metaphors or symbols associated with it and frequently these connections are based on similar phonetics. In Hebrew there is a clear link between a "wall" (H.shuwr) and a "bull"(showr), while in Greek we find the link between the "cross"(G.staurus) and the "bull" (G.taurus). So, in this example we have a common link between the Modern Jews (who worship at the Wailing Wall), the Mithras Cult, and the Christians. Because of the use of phonetics to suggest connections, the names of gods and religious ideas generally had to be changed when they were transmitted to other language groups. But in some cases, the original phonetics were kept to show a god's link to its origin. For example, Athena is derived from the Hebrew word for donkey (H.'athown) and this is what Christ rode on as he entered Jerusalem.

The donkey also demonstrates that in addition to the links between religions, there are also links between the religions and philosophic schools. Greek philosophy originated as discussions of the allegoric code that made up religions. The need to keep the code secret meant a heavy reliance on oral transmission, but such transmission has its limitations. The oral transmission was likely limited to several hundred real world ideas linked to key metaphors. Then additional metaphoric relationships between the key metaphors and other metaphors could be trusted to writing. In the Bible, the Song of Solomon, the Book of Proverbs, and Christ’s parables are the most obvious way in which these secondary metaphoric relationships were transmitted. The Greeks for the most part, discarded the cover of religion, and attempted to transmit information about the code under a more secular guise. The famed "philosopher's stone" would essentially be a "thesaurus" which would link all the metaphors to their real meanings. (Note that the author of the first thesaurus is identified as Philo of Byblos.) In effect, the transformation of “lead” to “gold” was a form of encryption.

When two seemingly opposing ideas have similar phonetics, then the literal meaning of the word will provide clarification (i.e. "hypo" and "hyper".) The code is frequently likened to a "mirror" and perception is altered depending upon which side of the mirror you are on. Thus “Satan” and “Santa” represent the same idea, but one is the reflection of the other. (The lump of coal given to "naughty" children is far more valuable that the gift wrapped toys given to the "nice" children.) Christianity began as an interpretive sect, but Judas the Galilean went too far and an "apocalypse" occurred and thus Christianity has an evil face associated with its birth. (Yes, the code was employed by the historians, such as Josephus, as well.) This tells us that Gnostic Christianity was closer to the original Christianity than Paul’s version and also helps to explain the curious nature of the Gospel of Judas. Philo, (whose name means “friend”) took on the roles of “John” (as defined in Plato’s Ion) and “Maria” (from the Hebrew word “merea’” meaning “friend”) to become a hermaphrodite who provided false interpretations to counter the interpretations that came from Judas. (The male aspect of Philo came from his admission that the Books of Moses were allegorical, while the female aspect represented his efforts to mislead with inaccurate interpretations.) It was Philo who turned the “water” of Moses into the “wine” of the Greeks. Christ was just a metaphor borrowed from earlier religions.

Proving all this is actually simple. All we need to do is CRACK THE CODE! There is no shortage of material, and modern Kabbalists provide us with many clues that are actually helpful when they are viewed in the correct context. Computers and the internet also provide invaluable tools. However, it seems easier for most to believe in space aliens than to believe that we are actually dealing with an ancient code. (Coming from below is the way to tear of the façade off the Church.)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Look up the theory that Abraham was actually a hindu who left india due to flooding. Apparently there are geological/historical/biblical facts that add some support to this theory. And imagine that for a second....

If Abraham was a hindu, just like Buddha was a hindu - 4 of the world's major religions spring from the world's 5th major religion.

Literally all interconnected. Crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

In response to the OP and additional comments:

The superficial similarities between religions, as well as similarities in doctrine, originate from a much deeper similarity: a similarity at the level of religious experience--that is, experience which is prior to both doctrine and religion altogether.

And those two fundamental religious experiences have to do with: 1) memories of previous lives (one aspect of what is referred to in the monotheistic religions as the Revelation of the "resurrection"); and 2) a Vision referred to as, in one way or another, a "Vision of Knowledge"; as it is referred to the the Thanksgiving Hymns (1QH) of the Dead Sea Scrolls (or the "Vision of Wisdom" in 1Enoch).

In Jesus and Buddha, the Parallel Sayings, for example, Marcus Borg, one of the founding members of the Jesus Seminar, suggests that the similarity of the Teaching between Jesus and the Buddha originated in a 'similarity of religious experience'.

But, when I suggested in 1999, on the online discussion group of the Westar Institute (the parent organization of the Jesus Seminar) that that religious experience is the revelation of the memories of previous lives; I was banished from the discussion group and my $25 participation fee was even returned to me.

Thus, such similarities are not really 'borrowed' at all, but are fundamental to that religious experience.

The number 7, for example, in Judaism, Christianity and Islam was not 'borrowed' from any previous esoteric tradition. Rather, it was of the very essence of the Revelations received by Moses, Isaiah, Zechariah, Daniel, Jesus, John (the Seven Churches, Seven Trumpets and 7 Seals of the Revelation of John) and Mohammed.

Michael

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

The superficial similarities between religions, as well as similarities in doctrine, originate from a much deeper similarity: a similarity at the level of religious experience--that is, experience which is prior to both doctrine and religion altogether.

Makes sense tome. The mystical experience of higher Consciousness preceedes the emergence of teachings and rituals based upon those original divine encounters.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Makes sense tome. The mystical experience of higher Consciousness preceedes the emergence of teachings and rituals based upon those original divine encounters.

But, apparently, it makes no sense whatsoever to the "dragon"-media officials, the "beast of the sea"-politicians, or the "beast of the earth"-religious 'authorities' who are the powers that be; and who, apparently, are quite determined to push this entire civilization into the horrors of Armageddon.

Michael

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join