It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost and Hidden connection between Religions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Josephus23

Shroom-states are nothing like mystical states, in my experience - which is why I disagree with the "Religions came from mushrooms" theory.

But hey, what do I know...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

You are 100% totally correct and on the money.

The mental states created by the mushroom experience and the mental states created by fasting, meditation, mantra, the postures of yoga, prayer, etc....

They are all COMPLETELY different states of mind/body than those achieved by psychedelia.
I actually agree with you 110%; however, it is the mushroom that was ummmm.....

"The food in the in the garden of eden from the tree of knowledge that bore the forbidden fruit."

The mushrooms, as well as a variety of other psychedelic plants still in use today, opened the door to the spirit world.
This is what allowed for the shaman to communicate with the djinn(for lack of a better word).

This instant communication to the spirit world brought back knowledge to our ancestors of the fertile crescent.
Knowledge that, in my opinion, rapidly caused us to evolve.

Believe it or not.

I think that both or our ideas are mutually compatible.
Pranayama is the best way to access the world of the spirit without the use of any drugs.

BTW....

S & F for a really, really great thread man.

Even more enlightened states can be reached through, pranayama and several other disciplines IMHO, but it is because of the mushroom that this is all possible.

The mushroom opened the door so to speak.

Cheers man on a superb thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by HunkaHunka

they didn't inherit it either.
how do i explain this.
enlil was the sumerian god known in the biblical text as jehovah.
he was EL of the Elohiym. the etymology is

If there is an etymology... then there is an inheritance! How do I explain this :-)

The Hebrews of the old testament were generations past Sumerian times...

The version they practiced was much different than that from 1500 years earlier... You can see this by reading the torah... its pretty obvious that they were both 1.inherited, and 2. vastly different.

I don't disagree with your etymology at all.. in fact I believe we are in violent agreement on that part...

But that doesn't change the fact that what ended up in Genesis was a watered down version of the prior... having read both of them, It's rather obvious.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
Mahalo for sharing.

Fascinating theory.

OM reflecting 3 streams of energy symbolizing 3 world views of religion and 3 written forms of language.

On page 3 you mention babel tower...perhaps there are similar existing stories appearing around the world, like the flood story Kandinksy and you have refered to.

Curious what is Ancient Egypts complete story of the flood...and whether this story can in any way be related to the tales of Mu - Atlantis.

Mahalo.

Actually, if you combine the Religions you find out A LOT more about our origins and the purpose of life. And combining the Hindu Vedas and ancient Polynesian Religions actually does uncover a sort of "Mu", in my humble opinion.

Having all coins is better than only havng one.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

You are 100% totally correct and on the money.

The mental states created by the mushroom experience and the mental states created by fasting, meditation, mantra, the postures of yoga, prayer, etc....

They are all COMPLETELY different states of mind/body than those achieved by psychedelia.
I actually agree with you 110%; however, it is the mushroom that was ummmm.....

"The food in the in the garden of eden from the tree of knowledge that bore the forbidden fruit."

Oh I see - so it was the door-opener to alternative states. Got it

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
The only connection required for that is being in the same evolutionary bush

There's more to it than indicated by your post. Combining element a and element b can create a powerful experience, so to speak.

But one musnt look at Religion from a materialist viewpoint, otherwise one misses the whole thing.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, all religions share only one quality. Ignorance.

Religious beliefs are what you put in the space when you get to:
"I don't know."

Religious feelings are a slight increase in your metabolic rate, a "buzz," when you can no longer think rationally because of lack of information. It's a survival response. If you're a little mammal out in the dark woods, and you don't know if a predator is lurking in the dark, your senses stimulate themselves to be ready. Some people call it a feeling of "vastness." But it's really just a mild state of fear produced as a result of your own ignorance.

And when that fear of the unknown gets to be too much for too many people, they huddle together. There's comfort in that organization. And if somebody comes up with any explanation, no matter how ridiculous, they'll accept it, because it's too scary not to.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

ACTUALLY,
they aren't vastly different. it seems that way only because the english translation has done it a great disservice. while allowing the english speaking world to read it, it unfortunately is missing details and some details are assumed which were not in the original version. so to say they are vastly different is not quite right.

for example, right from the outset the original language tells you there were many gods, who created the universe. that they created adams in their image (clones). that later the dirt adam was created, who was not created in the images of the elohiym, and eve was cloned from adam. it's a very technical text, highly condensed, but the details are where the info really is.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
As far as I can tell, all religions share only one quality. Ignorance.

The only thing more narrow than the religious-fanatics view is the materialists view that Religion provides nothing of value.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sky, one thing that requires a GREAT leap in all of this, and the key bottleneck IMO, is that there exists somewhere in the universe a planet which is somehow capable of getting a human civilization to some kind of supernatural (some kind of self sustaining independent of nature) level which can create space ships with ion drives or some other impossible thing. It seems to defy thermodynamics.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Merle8

You may be responding to something of mine you've read in another thread (?).

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

ACTUALLY,
they aren't vastly different. it seems that way only because the english translation has done it a great disservice. while allowing the english speaking world to read it, it unfortunately is missing details and some details are assumed which were not in the original version. so to say they are vastly different is not quite right.

for example, right from the outset the original language tells you there were many gods, who created the universe. that they created adams in their image (clones). that later the dirt adam was created, who was not created in the images of the elohiym, and eve was cloned from adam. it's a very technical text, highly condensed, but the details are where the info really is.

What I mean by vastly different is the stories. Genesis is a much smaller story in the original hebrew than the creation myths they are derivatives of in the original cuneiform. For example the story of the creation of man is much more drawn out. There were several failed attempts at making adams before they got one right. If you read the actual Sumerian stories and then read Genesis, you will see one heck of a lot mroe difference than simply an english translation. The difference exists between the Hebrew writing and the cuneiform from a thousand years prior.

No doubt one is the direct descendant of another, but the great great grandson only barely resembles his ancestor.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

See a series of videos on YouTube titled, "The Jesus Myth".
I believe the first two parts of the series are most pertinent to this post.
You'll have to see for yourself, but apparently there are quite a few similarities shared by all the prophets and "talking-heads" of ancient/contemporary religions, such as birthdate, days of observance/holy days of obligation and so forth.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you read the actual Sumerian stories and then read Genesis, you will see one heck of a lot mroe difference than simply an english translation.

i've read the sumerian creation account many times. here's the research page i use for translated texts.
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

the hebrews had an oral tradition, as indicated in this passage from the septuagint translation

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years for past ages: ask thy father, and he shall relate to thee, thine elders, and they shall tell thee. 8 When the Most High divided the nations, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God. 9 And His people Jacob became the portion of the Lord, Israel was the line of His inheritance. (Brenton's LXX)

if you compare tablet XI of the epic of gilgamesh, to the biblical flood account, they aren't much different.
www.ancienttexts.org... and the differences may have a very legitimate reason (which i won't go into now, since it could clutter up sky's thread), considering the hebrews were not the gods of sumer but followers of the gods of sumer.

as an aside, here's an interesting debate i had with a former ats'er, on the subject of EDIN vs EDEN.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i dont have all the answers and i am probubly more confused about this than any of you. but what if our so called god/s are really our controllers and we are but prisoners on a prison planet. look at the contradictions in the bible why would they (god/s or better yet aliens) care if we became as them? i mean we are made in there image. we have done things that equal there greatness. why would a god/s need us to worship them? are they so shallow and in need of validation? perhaps it is us that are greater than them and they know it. our potential individually and as a collective would make them look insignifigant. perhaps that is why our species is kept in the dark about what is really going on. better to keep us at each others throut. i believe in the power of our minds whatever we concieve we can create. perhaps that is a quality they dont have. i believe gods die when there believers are gone. i believe they fear us the angels and demons from the bible koran etc.. are but alien losers that cant even fly a ufo without crashing from time to time (roswell) perhaps one day when they get over themselves and we get over them (religion as a whole) we can truly advance as a species and take our rightful place among the stars ..........

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What I was getting at was that it's hard to imagine a world that would be perfect enough for it's dominant species to become space-faring sky-Gods. Earth is pretty cozy, yet it's quite hellacious and difficult to make a living here. So what kind of utter paradise-planet would be necessary to get an intelligent species into space?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merle8
What I was getting at was that it's hard to imagine a world that would be perfect enough for it's dominant species to become space-faring sky-Gods. Earth is pretty cozy, yet it's quite hellacious and difficult to make a living here. So what kind of utter paradise-planet would be necessary to get an intelligent species into space?

Who knows? But just because we may not be able to conceive it because of our own experiences here, doesn't mean it isn't possible somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That's a great idea

Yeah...there's a strong link between the Hindu Bagwaans and the Greek Gods as well:
-relijournal.com...
-keralaarticles.blogspot.com...
-en.wikipedia.org...

I've got 2 questions, if you would be so kind to answer:

Do you know what the name of the society was called?

Is it a possibility that all religions derieved from Hinduism (from what you've just stated)?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Is it a possibility that all religions derieved from Hinduism (from what you've just stated)?

Its a possibility, yes. You can find quite a number of Islamic, Christian, Buddhist and Jewish things in older texts from India.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Taoist I Ching table of 64 hexagrams, the Tree of Life in Jewish Kabbalah and the Sri Yantra of Hindu Tantra are mathematically equivalent, despite being separated in origin by thousands of years and miles.

If you want to study the rigorous, mathematical proof of this statement, which has profound implications, visit
smphillips.8m.com...
and study the ground-breaking research articles there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

You might find this interesting. It's a very long article and I think even a quoting one paragraph might take up too much room here. I'd guess it was written some long time ago, it's not very pc.

Apologies to anyone who finds anything offensive - it doesn't necessarily reflect my opinions.

www.americanpresbyterianchurch.org...

You have to get to paragraph 4 before the Hindu religion is mentioned.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by berenike]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join