It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost and Hidden connection between Religions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
just for your knowledge and people who believe allah is name of moon god or cresent moon.

"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [Quran 41:37]

First, "Allah" was not one of the 360 idols which were in the Ka'abah, although Morey has claimed this without evidence. When the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) entered Meccah victorious he went into the Ka'abah and broke the idols therein.

Second, the word "Allah" has been used all along for the name of "God" in the Arabic Bible for Jews and Christians alike. The proof is easy to verify; simple go to any hotel or motel on the earth and look in the drawer next to the bed and take out the complimentary Bible, placed there by the Giddeons and then look on page 5 or 6 where they list the examples of translations they have made into other languages. The second example given is for Arabic speakers. The verse is from the Gospel of John, chapter 3, verse 16. Everyone knows this one; "For God so loved the world..." and the word in Arabic for "God" is "Allah." Then if you have a Bible in Arabic, look on page one in Genesis, and you will find the word "Allah" fourteen times.

Next, the word for "God" to the Arabs, ever since the time of Abraham, peace be upon him, has been "Allah" and He is to them, the Lord of the Ka'bah (the black box in the center of the Holy Sanctuary in Makkah). He was the unseen God whom they would call upon when in distress. Yes, they worshipped the true God but their worship was not purely for Him. They also worshipped other gods thinking that they would act as intermediaries between them and the true God Allah.

The Arabs know of Allah because Abraham visited Meccah and together with his son Ishmael laid the foundation of the Ka'abah. The descendants of Ishmael retained some of the worship rites and beliefs from Abraham. This included their knowledge of the true God Allah.

Elsewhere we have shown conclusively that the true god, "El" of the Bible is the same as "Allah" of the Quran.

hope its clear now.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I was reminded of this talk by Albert LaChance, who is a Christian mystic. He explains how the human experience can be categorized into several different catagories, which eventually lead up to what might be called 'Homo Spiritus', the transcendental 'state'.

www.christlogos.com...

While this talk may be presented from a mainly Christian mystical poinbt of view, it's not hard to see that that which is pointed to is the same truth that all other religions also point to in the end.

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
How many religions have you studied.

I spent a long time reading all the scriptures. Ive also attended various practices and love spending time talking with the people of these faiths. I am very fascinated by similarities vs dissimilarities of the Religions.

Religion brings out the very worst and the very best in mankind.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
Interestingly enough, Hinduism is the world's oldest religion. If you studied Hinduism and its sacred texts, I think you could find quite a number of similarities to many of today's modern religions. If you study Judaism, you certainly learn a lot about Christianity and Islam - as they are all Abrahamic religions. Buddhism, as I understand it, is an offshoot of Hinduism.

On a timeline Id probably positin the Religions as follows (older does not automatically mean superiour though):

Hinduism
Judaism
Buddhism
Christianity
Islam

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Sorry to do this bit-by-bit, but:

Originally posted by Skyfloating
My interest in this subject was rekindled when, a few years ago on travels in India, I got acquainted with the head of a Hindu-sect or secret-society. He shared a piece of information with me that I have not found anywhere else up to now. This may be the first time its shared on the Internet. According to him the traditional Hindu symbol for God or The Source-of-All, OM...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5e6016687b8.jpg[/atsimg]

...is derived from a more ancient tantric symbol that looks like the Greek Hermes or Roman Mercury symbol (imagine a dot above the crescent, I didnt find a picture depicting it with the dot):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/463e637a7f1e.jpg[/atsimg]

How odd that that proto-symbol has never been seen written anywhere ancient if it's so fundamental/

The cresent moon stands for Islam, the cross stands for Christianity/Judaism and the Circle stands for Hinduism/Buddhism.

He then went on to say that these three streams-of-energy are reflected in everything - language, music, mentality. So for example the Englilsh Language will look linear and straight, arabic will have a lot of half-moon-like shapes and Languages in India will look like a bunch of circles. Some samples:

Arabic: عربية

English: LETTERS

Malayalam (South India): മലയാളം

What does English have to do with Christianity? The languages of Christianity are Aramaic, Greek, Latin, Glagolithic, Armenian, Coptic, Hebrew, Syriac (etc. etc.). Besides, this definitively-non-straight, swirly stuff is also English:

When Hindu women sing, it is in circles, when muslim women sing it is often in crescent-waves and western music is indeed often quite linear.

What rubbish. What is singing in circles meant to mean? If you mean standing in a circle that is a commonplace across Europe and other continents too. One sort is called a "round dance" in England for exmaple. I presume you are trying to talk about the form of the music itself: in which case it's even more garbage. I don't know where to begin with explaining why, it's just so far away from any kind of reality.

Not least in all that is the howler of (again) equating Christianity with the West. Christianity is NOT a Western religion but is spread across the world in ancient traditions from Europe, to Africa, through the Middle East and Russia to Asia and India.

So where did we get our word "Christ" from? We got it from the Greek "Khristos" which means Saviour.

Well, "annointed one" (or literally in classical Greek, "covered with oil") really, but anyway....

Who is to say that the Greek word does not originate in India from Krishta?

en.wikipedia.org...
No, not there.

However, it would not be odd if proto-Indo-European (in so far as there may or may not be such a thing) roots found their way into these areas too.....

I don't think you need to go into the spurious details of your post to say something quite simple. Which is that there are ancient anthropological/cultural (linguistic and theological) links and sources between beliefs across Central Asia, India, the Middle East and Europe. This is not new news.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
You say it looks like there is something to hide or to prevent.
The biggest example I can offer is that of the tower of babel.

Yes, thats the father of all conspiracies. Some force wanted to stop mankind from progressing so languages and beliefs were scrambled.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Nice post

Over time the essential goodness inherent in each Religion got distorted here and there. But the mystical branches of each Religion remain pure.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
i want to point somethings out to the OP.
the jews do not use the cross for a symbol, they at most use the star of david and even then they just use it to have a symbol.

I know. The Star of David is also part of the linear stream.

normally religious tolerance is a good site, but further research shows that the links between krishna and christ are either wrong or made up.

So you say.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
How odd that that proto-symbol has never been seen written anywhere ancient if it's so fundamental

Most of the really fundamental stuff remains secret. If that werent the case you`d be living in paradise.

this definitively-non-straight, swirly stuff is also English:

We are referring to printed letters not someones unique handwriting style.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I used to be fascinated by the 'cross-pollination' of myths, legends and religions...less so nowadays. I guess the 'Flood Myth' is the one we're all familiar with most. It's myth, legend, a part of religion and indicates a core belief that trails away until lost from sight in dim prehistory. The evidence demonstrates this single myth to be found throughout many cultures. It's found from the Steppes of Russia, India, Africa and the Americas. Naturally, the version widely held in Europe and the Middle-East is derived from Biblical accounts of one shade or other.

The Biblical Flood is probably not the original form of the myth. It was preceded by a small clay tablet from Mesopotamia some 4/500 years before the earliest know Bible account...

"O fence of reed, O wall of brick! Hear this, O fence! Pay heed, O wall! O man of Shurruppak, son of Ubar-Tutu, demolish the house, and build a boat! Abandon wealth, and seek survival! Spurn property, Save life! Take on board the boat all living things' seed! The boat you will build, her dimensions all shall be equal: her length and breadth shall be the same, cover her with a roof, like the Ocean Below." I understood and spoke to Ea, my master: "I obey, O master, what thus you told me. I understood, and I shall do it, but how do I answer my city, the crowd, and the elders?"
Gilgamesh

Image of the flood tablet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdf00deebdf1.jpg[/atsimg]

This shows how one story can beget another and suggests that there may be an 'original' or 'root' account that holds the greatest authenticity or perhaps, 'Truth?' Maybe.

While the clay tablet was being studiously created and fired, America also had its cultures and myths. The Flood Myth appears there too. In a book I no longer own, Lewis Spence Myths of the North American Indians(1914) recorded the myths and legends of the Native Americans. One I recall is the flood myth of one tribe. Their vessel was a cave, their dove a black crow. When the rains stopped, they sent out a jaybird and it didn't return. They then sent out a black crow...it returned with a branch from a treetop in its beak. That's a cool story. Some more Native American myths here

I've referenced three flood accounts from different times and places to show how they develop and can also do so without connection. Certainly, we can't rule out cross-pollination from those damned missionaries, but Spence claims these accounts are native and untainted by European faith. The Americas were settled by Clovis (maybe others earlier?) some 13000 years ago...way before Biblical accounts. In fact Gobekli Tepi was yet to get going in Turkey. Other diverse cultures share the same myths as can be seen in this downloadable .pdf...Flood Stories from around the World

I'll try and come to my point

Joseph Campbell (another book gone!) was a great mind on comparative religion...he absorbed the subject until it permeated his view of us and the world. Many ATSers would enjoy reading him. He influenced George Lucas and Star Wars & The Matrix. He took a similar approach to CG Jung and related our myths to archetypes and themes. I tend to agree with his perspective on it all...

Wherever the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history, or science, it is killed. The living images become only remote facts of a distant time or sky. Furthermore, it is never difficult to demonstrate that as science and history mythology is absurd. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology in this way, the life goes out of it, temples become museums, and the link between the two perspectives becomes dissolved
Joseph Campbell Wiki

Campbell's interpretation of myth, and thereby religion, was that these concepts and archetypes are ingrained in our psyches. They colour our dreams and define our life's experiences. He examined how the wise men of myth are featured in *all* myths. The Trickster is a feature of *all* myths. The prodigal son is in *all* myths too. A lot of members are aware of these ideas, I know Sky is.

If we go back in time to around 40000 years ago in Europe we come to a point that some guys call 'the great leap forward.' It's a point in time where complex thought is evidenced by burials, cave art, jewellery etc. As these early ancestors gathered in the caves of Chauvet, France and painted beautiful images of the life around them they probably had the stirrings of the myths we have today. Evidence suggests they had language, they had surplus time, they had communities...they probably told stories to explain their world using the same abstract archetypes our modern stories are slave to. Burying their dead is strong evidence of spiritual beliefs...afterlife, souls and a higher power? I think so.

A recent thread of mine that typically bombed
tried to bring these guys to the attention of ATS...I love this image!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bf33f19bf68.jpg[/atsimg] Mauricio Antón’s SUPERB Paleonathropological Illustrations

They lived and died in the mountains of Spain some 400 000 years ago. Again, science has indicated they also had speech. What's interesting is that some of them put their dead in a pit in a cave. If, as some suggest, they were committing their dead to rest...we have an even earlier stirring of our 'God gene' or hard-wired tendency towards spiritual and/or religious beliefs.

I'm interested in anthropology, archaeology, psychology etc. I suspect any search for an original religion or pure core of beliefs will ultimately lead only to ourselves. If the archetypes are carried in our DNA, like our innate ability to recognise language, form words (echolalia in infants) we need look to ourselves. Some look to God for planting some seed of morality or wisdom within us. Some see enlightenment without God or take a more spiritual path that doesn't depend on God. I'm frequently suspicious that there's something deep and meaningful about life...I just don't share it often. It's an itch. For all I know, it's my built-in archetypal trickster/wiseman trying to tell me something

I guess the lost and hidden connection between religions may be an early human chipping away at a rock some 2 million years ago. As she sat on the ground creating a stone tool, she may have looked at the group around her as an idea struggled to form in a mind that simply didn't yet have the words to express itself?

If anyone reads this, I hope it wasn't too much of a ramble. It's a big question for a thread!

Edit to give credit for the 'family snapshot'

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
And people wonder how I'm a Wiccan/Christian/Buddhist.

NOT THAT BIG OF A STRETCH!

My theory would be God made the earth and nature. Nature would be the Goddess, who created Buddha and here I am.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Awsome thread. I have done the same thing as you,the last year. And i have found the exact things as you have. I also have came to the conclusion that all "bibles" scripts from various religions are actually astrological "notebooks". The reason for why the christian bible is 100% identical to the egyptian one is because its facts made into personifications.

Mithra\Jesus\Hourus ect have the same outcome..12 deciples,buried for 3 days,ressurected ect because they all are personifications of the SUN in our galaxy.

And after reading alot of the scripts\bibles the last 35 000 years..They all lead to one thing. Which they call "god" ..Something which came from the heavens and down to earth.

It also exists drawings,texture on walls ect of these "gods" and "angels",wich exist in every single religion the last 35 000 years. These are showing up places around our planet from various of times,and same type of times were it was impossible 2 travel far away distances and spread rumors. And the drawings are identical. After study it seems like it is the Annunaki(the ones from the heaven came)

These are basically a higher intelligent race than we humans are. or Aliens if you like.

It looks like we all are worshipping the same "god" if you study the scripts.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I believe there is a historical connection between Christianity and Buddhism in that Jesus could have learned some type of Eastern Buddhism while he was gone between the ages of 12 and 30. The bible strangely omits the life of Jesus between 12 and 30, and there is even a new age, "written by space aliens" book about Jesus' missing life, in which he is described as basically a hard working father who realizes one day he must fulfill the spiritual oath. But anyways, if you look at the teachings of Jesus in the bible, if is more Eastern compared to the teachings in the Old Testament. The New Testament is more about compassion and love, Buddhist and Eastern concepts, and the OT is more about obeying God, and suffering punishment because of transgressions against the Lord. Jesus says "If thy eye be single, they whole body be full of light" which is a direct reference to mystical meditation. In meditation, when the mind is unified, the spirit fills the body and mind with light, and the use of the term "eye" is often used as a metaphor because the light is "seen" in meditation, so for Jesus to say "if thy eye be single," is very close in meaning to Zen meditation and mystical meditation. But, Jesus also retained his roots, which is why he still followed certain Jewish law, even though he obviously broke some like the Sabbath. And the fact that Jesus contemplates his unity with God, in some passages in John saying he is the Lord, but in others saying the Lord is higher than him, it is showing that Jesus is doing something no previous religious prophet did according to the bible, that is, dare to proclaim his own divinity, which of course led to his execution which happens many times throughout history, Jesus being only one example, the point being, it is very Eastern-esq in thought, not exactly the same as Moses ten commandments.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Really great post, S and F for you after i reply.

Its really weird as I just decided yesterday afternoon to look into the creation stories of each religeon to see if they are similar in anyway. Low and behold I come on today to read your post, I take this as a sign to get on with looking into the creation stories.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If you read Joseph Campbell, you could get much more information on the subject. You can pretty much get down to the starting point, that ALL ancient religions started from. Indian, Sumerian, Egyptian, Norse, etc. He digs into all the motifs, themes, and similarities of the different myths, miracles, and key players in all the ancient religions. Quite fascinating really.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Do you have any information on this Mithra character? The similarities between him and Jesus is amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

I'm a big fan of Campbell too...to a point, his discussions with Bill Moyers have shaped my perspective on life. I hadn't realised how well known he is/was. Here's a video for those that haven't had the pleasure...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Originally posted by seagrass
Where is Saturn ruling Judaism. Tell me more. Saturn is an asshole. But we have to have restrictions if we are to have freedom..yes?

Sorry missed this before!

The Judaic sabbath is Saturday, Saturn gives it's name to Saturday, whereas in Christianity the sabbath is Sunday (as I am sure you know). Babylonian astrology was aware of the seven planets (seven is a sacred number in all Judaic/Christian beliefs), so it is known that Saturn was physically observable at that time. It is likely that the Jews were affected by the movements of Saturn at a particular point in time which created the schism over the Sabbath which is primarily the root of the dissension of the Jews from other Babylonians, ie they formed a cult that seperated them ideologically from others and embedded the belief of being 'Chosen'. Whether it occured prior to them arriving in Babylon or during their stay there is debatable as no written records exist or have been found. That is all I know. As yet

Ok, I did a little reading. Monday- moon day etc. But what really interested me is that Saturn is the last (or first depending on your perspective) of the personal planets in astrology. The rest are a generational influence. That being said I find it odd that the seventh day/Saturn day/then rested... is also a mystical number. I would like to know more about why Judaism considers the number so significant? Seems the Romans had nine days(pre christian)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by Jomina

The common root of all religions is the worship of the sun.

This is the religion of all of the mysteries.

To primitive man, the sun represented safety, warmth, food, etc... (Horus)

And the night represented danger, cold, death, etc.... (Set)

This metaphor is seen throughout EVERY religion.
Good and Evil. Zoroastrianism.

This was needed for the creation of agriculture, calenders and seasons, and it was therefore worshiped.
*see link to the Elysian Mysteries below.

Religion created math, calenders, and astronomy.
The priests who had this knowledge were initiated in ceremonies where they would communicate with god and then they would be reborn.

This idea of birth and death occurring in cycles (seasonal precession) is promoted when one ingests.....

MUSHROOMS.

These mushroom cults were the basis of all religions.

See this guy John Allegro.
And read his book The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.

Or this guy Terence McKenna.
And read his book The Food of the Gods.

This is also the basis of Freemasonry, Mithrasim, and the Eleusian Mysteries.

The Vedas refer to Soma as being God. The flesh of God.

God in the flesh. Jesus, Horus, Krishna, Dionysus, Odin, Mithra, the list goes on and on and on.

Why do you think that psychedelic drugs are illegal?

Why do you think that the Bull or the Cow or the Calf is such a revered symbol?

I wonder if it is because of what GROWS from its DUNG?

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MAGIC MUSHROOMS.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by Josephus23]

I have taken Magic Mushrooms(various varieties from all over the world) and I can totally understand the feeling of 'knowing' the universe and all of it's marvels. If religions are based on the magic of mushrooms then I can see where these guys where coming from.

If anyone here has not eaten magic mushrooms then I suggest you visit a place where you can get them and try it. I am not condoning the use of drugs in general but believe me, You haven't lived till you have tried them.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
At some point, each faith had founder(s) with some spiritual capacity or borrowed information from older faiths. In other words some access or knowledge to inner and upper regions. So, of course, different faiths will have some commonality to them reflecting the plane to which their spiritual adepts had access. Hindi is very diverse and the vedic authors had access to the upper regions of the spiritual/material division as did Krishna who was an incarnation of the Devil or Kal. Some of the Sufi adepts even had access to the purely spiritual as did the Sikh founder Guru Nanak and some of the gurus associated with that line. What the faiths would have in common are the lower spiritual/material regions and the upper material/spiritual regions. If four people started out on the same road and each went some distance up the highway, their descriptions of the common path traversed would be similar. In the absence of a living adept, the information they had provided tends to be obscured or controlled by the priest class who are seeking a free lunch by pretending to be spiritually competent. Without the living adept the faith is dead and survives on pretending.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join