It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Type UFO, Edgware, Middlesex, Easter Sunday 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks for the clip and information. My clip does not have the occasional burst of flames but it does spin the same way . However it was shot in Sony nightshot during daytime. The puzzling black dots around the object may well be how flames or hot coal or iron would look like in near IR.

Thanks for the link I will keep you posted.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Is there a way to communicate directly to an ATS member ?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Yes, at the bottom of each post there is a button you can click to send a message to the poster. I think you may need a certain number of posts before you can use the system. Sorry, not sure - its been a while!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Hi there Crowdedskies/inexplicata,
I'm glad you've stepped forward on ATS. It was me that actually saw your footage on Youtube and offered it up here for consideration.

I'd like to also make the point that at no particular time i've laid claim to it being my own. I wholeheartedly agree with whats been said so far, I think that if you check my previous investigations i am always very thorough in trying to find plausible answers to what filmed objects or photos could be. As already stated by C.H.U.D I too think its best to keep an open mind on all the possibilities.

I was wondering if you could just answer me some questions.
Firstly Why did you say on your youtube footage that you 'had no doubt that you would catch something'

COPY FROM YT City: London Date: 4th April 2010 - afternoon Location: Edgware - Middlesex Message: I have a good footage of a UFO. Despite not having taking my camera out for over six months, I had no doubt that I would catch something. Here is a clip that I shot using my old Sony camcorder. The clip has been down-sized considerably for ease of uploading. I have the original tape and an original avi file which has got far more definition. I have not been hunting UFOs for over nine months. Yesterday I took out my camera and 'knew' I would catch one. I never saw it as I was busy cleaning my balcony but it was captured on tape. I am convinced that UFOs and Rods are around us all the time. This is why I am always certain to catch something.

Also why film it in night time mode during the day time?

The fact that you have come forward is a credibility to you, I personally dont blame you for laying low to see what kind of feedback you get.

I find it odd that you would ''know'' you'd capture something and optionally choose to shoot in night time mode during the day, its quite a startling coincidence to have both come off, so please dont be so surprised when the majority of the community leaps on you to claim fake or hoax.

Is that you in the video at the end? Coming into shot around 23:24 seconds.
Why do you stare up and look past your chimney at the end, it gives the impression you knew something had just passed overhead, yet your description says you didnt see it until you finished clearing the balcony and checked your camera? It seems like a huge contradiction of the testimony being offered with the footage.

Not all of us believe that to be the case, and as I pointed out earlier, I only ask honest questions, I'm certain theres a valid reason for you shooting in night time mode during the day and I'm also certain that theres a reason you'd 'know' of this object passing. I'm sure you looking past your house chimney after the supposed UFO had passed was another coincidence.

What information have you read and what resources have you looked at to form your opinion that earth is buzzed or passed with rods/ufos all the time?

I'd also like to ask if you've heard anything back regarding the other website and their analysis of the original hi definition footage, has it changed your mind or opinion on what it could be?

Finally please dont take my questioning to heart, I'm merely asking what others might be afraid to ask and asking with an honest heart and open mind.
If you need to discuss anything privately you can email me: [email protected] (assuming you dont have enough posts to use the PM system here yet).

Thank you so much for sharing your interesting video.

In friendship
Richard

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Superiorraw]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

I shot the clip and sent it to an organisation (inexplicata is from that organisaton). Your comments are somewhat belated though.

I joined ATS because I saw a link to the Edgware rod-type UFO whilst searching Google. I was just curious to see how widespread the clip had become. When I noticed you OP I was very happy with your genuine interest.

Before I answer any question, I would like to ask if you know the whereabouts of CHUD. His post to me on 25th April 2010 was his last post. He then visited ATS one last time on 27th April. He has not been around since.

He had been such a prolific contributor to ATS, with a tremendous knowledge of astronomy and meteors . I cannot believe he is not posting anymore.

I had sent him a link to the original footage which is much sharper and clearer. He acknowledged through U2U that he was downloading it. Since then no sign of CHUD.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am not aware of any non-activity of C.H.U.D. I guess one of the mods or one of the more senior members that have spoken to him could confirm this. People get busy to be honest, I actually took nearly 3 months on my own investigation due to other things getting in the way.

So are you saying from your earlier post your not Youtube user inexplicata? as your other post indicates that it was your video and you was laying low to test the water, is that now not the case?

I was wondering if you could make the original footage available to everyone here. So that we can get a better viewpoint of what it is you saw, Youtube does have a tendency to compress files for broadcasting on their channels, so the quality isnt as good.

I know the other community have backed up the theory that it isnt a plane, also if your not inexplicata then please could you explain the earlier comments in the thread to lay claim to it being your video?

Thanks for coming back on and discussing this with me.
In friendship
Richard

edit from previous page:

Originally posted by crowdedskies
Being the person who actually took the footage I am justified in having a reaction to his comment. I passed the footage to a group of people I trust. In response to comments on youtube ,they have said that the object is not a plane and when viewed in original resolution, you can actually see the object is spinning and is definitely not a plane. They are very honorable people and have not released the original full resolution footage.

Earlier in the threads I made my comments about the sounds that could be heard. They are the sounds caught by the camera. The you tube clip distorts the sounds.

I do know a lot about his clip . It came from my camera.

Perhaps I did stay in the shadows just to hear the comments. Perhaps I should have revealed myself. But there is no point in doing that. No matter how clear an image is, people will always say : Fake !

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Surprised no-one has mentioned this yet ..so here goes...

The clouds look to me to be , either Cumulus Mediocris or Cumulus Humilis. We are talking an area that is , pretty much, only a couple of hundred feet above sea level at its' highest points. That would put the clouds at typically, for those formations, from about 1500 ft/500 metres upwards.

Having watched the clip a few times, To my eyes the object is, quite probably, flying under the cloud level and then, as it exits, into the cloud bank on the left of the frame. I suspect, the object is probably no higher than 3000ft in the sky. At 3000ft , i'd further suggest that, an aircraft would be almost certainly be clearly apparent as exactly that.

I admit, these clouds can appear at much higher levels, I am going by their more typical appearance and that we do seem to be able to see the cloud floor, which would, most likely be at about 1500 feet.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah its a plane mate,

the filter has been used to hide the brightness of the sun/glare which is giving of the impression its cylindrical in shape, we have all at some point thought this to our selfs on a bright day no?

come on guys

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

At the moment, i simply don;t agree the explanation is that simple. This was, according to the camera person, taken during the flight restrictions.

That backs up my argument for the object being relatively low flying. I am going out on a limb here, but i doubt that object can be any higher than 5000 ft in the air. 1600 metres or so. Even a light aircraft , in my opinion, would be blatantly obvious as a light aircraft, filters or no filters, at that height and over the duration of the video. I see absolutely no evidence of any wing structure at all. It could be some drone that was being used to monitor the airspace restrictions or, even collect samples from the lower levels of the atmosphere for testing. At this point , unless someone can show me how it was done, that does not look like a piloted aircraft to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[]reply to post by Superiorraw

If you click on the profile of CHUD , he has not logged in at all since 27th April 2010, which is very concerning.

As I have stated before I passed the clip to an organisation. They published it on their website (which happens to link to the youtube clip - which is also posted by them). If you wish to know which website, you can find it in an erlier post by myself in this thread.

To be honest I never had any intention of publishing the clip. I just wanted it to be looked at by someone else.

I have made the original clip available to only two people. They are the only poeple I feel I can trust and C.H.U.D is one of them.

If you have read some of my post since I joined in April 2010, you may well find out my sentiments about the debunking obsession of people on ATS. Therefore I am not so keen to share it with people at large.

I will answer some of you questions in my next post.

Thanks for your interest.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for your serious contribution.

Unfortunately, the youtube clip will give away very little, due to the heavy compression. It is simply not worth analysing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I am not really interested in opinions. I am not the one who posted it and I do not seek to convince anyone.

It is my clip and I did give permisison to someone to publish it on their website . If you read further up the thread I did inform which website it was.

I am not engaging in any discussion. Hopefully C.H.U.D will give a feedback. However due to the nature of the craft (which can be seen clearly on the original footage) no explanation can be given.

I have my own theory and it is the reason I had set up the camera .

I am sorry but this is not going to be a debate.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

At the moment, i simply don;t agree the explanation is that simple. This was, according to the camera person, taken during the flight restrictions.

That backs up my argument for the object being relatively low flying. I am going out on a limb here, but i doubt that object can be any higher than 5000 ft in the air. 1600 metres or so. Even a light aircraft , in my opinion, would be blatantly obvious as a light aircraft, filters or no filters, at that height and over the duration of the video. I see absolutely no evidence of any wing structure at all. It could be some drone that was being used to monitor the airspace restrictions or, even collect samples from the lower levels of the atmosphere for testing. At this point , unless someone can show me how it was done, that does not look like a piloted aircraft to me.

I never said it was taken during the flight restrictions. It was on Easter Sunday. Cannot remember if there were any restrictions then.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

There was no wing at all. In slow motion it spins clockwise. I have given the clear footage to an ATS member. It just happens that he has never been back since.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can you get a still from the video at the resolution of your video and saved in a lossless format so we can get a good look at it!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Can you get a still from the video at the resolution of your video and saved in a lossless format so we can get a good look at it!

This I can do. Very thoughtful

However it will start the usual debate. Having to run the gauntlet of a hundred debunkers, a hundred enthusiasts, a hundred religious fanatics, etc.

Sorry for being negative. I believe that forums will never be the right place to discuss UFOS. The problem with forums such as ATS and Youtube is the fact that comments are allowed. I personally believe that the best place to submit UFO material is a website that simply publishes it, without the optiojn of comments. This way each one takes it as he/she wants. For some it will be a relief as they have seen something similar. For other is will be just be entertainment.

I respect Superiorraw's wish to bring this to the attention of ATS. At least , I could see genuine interest from a keen skywatcher.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well man. might i say it seems that you have come to your own conclusion and your satisfied with the outcome?

You did mention earlier that you was happy with the website and respected those you passed it to?

I know you dont want to turn this to a debate, so i will gladly step aside and if your truely happy with the outcome then I am not going to be the one to argue that point. I respect your opinion and decision/conclusive summary.

I will say this. I havent engaged in convo with C.H.U.D he maybe caught up in many a investigation or just too busy. My questions I put to you earlier were as you said 'somewhat belated' and even so, I'd of liked you to answer them, if anything so that I could of come to my own conclusions at the very least give me the footage to look at. but if thats not to be the case I still respect that decision.

It seems from this point on you are convinced you have the answers you were looking for, if that changes at any point in the future please do NOT hesitate to contact me.
[email protected]
I'd be only to happy to discuss this matter privately with you.
In friendship
Richard

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

I was wondering if you could just answer me some questions.
Firstly Why did you say on your youtube footage that you 'had no doubt that you would catch something'

Also why film it in night time mode during the day time?

I find it odd that you would ''know'' you'd capture something and optionally choose to shoot in night time mode during the day, its quite a startling coincidence to have both come off, so please dont be so surprised when the majority of the community leaps on you to claim fake or hoax.

Is that you in the video at the end? Coming into shot around 23:24 seconds.
Why do you stare up and look past your chimney at the end, it gives the impression you knew something had just passed overhead, yet your description says you didnt see it until you finished clearing the balcony and checked your camera? It seems like a huge contradiction of the testimony being offered with the footage.

What information have you read and what resources have you looked at to form your opinion that earth is buzzed or passed with rods/ufos all the time?

I'd also like to ask if you've heard anything back regarding the other website and their analysis of the original hi definition footage, has it changed your mind or opinion on what it could be?

I know that it intrigues you that I 'knew' I would catch something. The answer is simple. I always catch something when I hunt for UFOs.

I always film in nightshot mode during daytime. It is the best way to capture UFOs. Some UFOs will show in normal mode some will not. I have a Sony TRV310 NTSC Digital 8 which I have converted for daytime nightshot. I still use an IR pass filter but it does not have to be a thick one. Therefore I don't get grainy pictures.

On that Easter day I had decided to devote 15 minutes to catch a UFO. It feels very much like going fishing.

Yes it is me at the end. If I let the video run further you can see my full face. It is just a coincidence that I am looking up in that direction. The camera was running by itself on a tripod as I was cleaning the balcony. I glanced many times at the sky to check cloud formation. At some point I heard some noises like pebbles falling on the roof and that made me look more intently and frequently.

I am not interested in other people's theories. I did not read any books in order to form the opinion that the earth is full of ufos, rods and orbs. It is based on my own filming and basic esoteric notions.

I gave the footage to : www.beamsinvestigations.org.uk/ufo-reports.html .
Just like me they are into every kind of mystery (crop circles, ghosts, etc) . Once you accept that the world is composed of various levels and entities, everything becomes possible. Therefore no conclusion needs to be reached.

My own personal views on UFOs is not palatable to most people. It is nonetheless valid. I have proven it to myself by capturing ufos on film as and when I choose.

I did not say that I would not share the better-quality version of the clip. By a twist of fate , the one ATS member with whom I shared the full clip has not been seen since. I will probably provide small extracts to one or two people privately and that will be it.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
I did not say that I would not share the better-quality version of the clip. By a twist of fate , the one ATS member with whom I shared the full clip has not been seen since. I will probably provide small extracts to one or two people privately and that will be it.

Thanks

I have offered my own email address privately. As stated before in my previous post. I accept your decisions and reasons. albeit they seem coincidence to those from the outside looking in they are suspect to some, they are plausible at least in explanation.

It seems at this stage you indicate previous experience in catching UFOs and base your theories on those experiences, which is admirable.

I am not surprised you've entrusted your help with C.H.U.D 0 however considering I was the original poster of your video via youtube it seems strange that i've given this alot of my time I wont get to see the original.

Are you able to discuss this matter privately with me? I'm happy to let this case fall by the wayside if your happy with the investigation by the other website, but i maintain my interest, as you know i'm an enthusiastic skywatcher and would always welcome further discussion.

Again, I do maintain that if you want to discuss your thoughts privately on what it is you've seen and recorded, i ask you contact me given the email address in the previous communication.
In friendship
- thanks again for contributing to this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

I am not surprised you've entrusted your help with C.H.U.D 0 however considering I was the original poster of your video via youtube it seems strange that i've given this alot of my time I wont get to see the original.

I know you have put a lot of time and effort and my original intention was to provide you with the better footage.

However I could see that you were quite preoccupied at the time with other comments both in this thread and your other thread about equipment. I thought to myself that when you do eventually acknowledge my posts, I will discuss with you.

I have now decided to pass a footage to you. It will be an extract which I have just taken from the tape running in slow-motion. I will be adding an extra bit which is not you tube showing me setting up the equipment. This is to prove that I am really the photographer.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join