It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Type UFO, Edgware, Middlesex, Easter Sunday 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw
UFO - Edgware, Middlesex, UK - Easter - Please could a Moderator embed this youtube clip for me?

I did do a search but only returned something from last year and this is a different sighting to that one. What are your thoughts on this?

Firstly can someone explain why the video is shot in that bronze colour? Has he taken a filter out or put something in to shoot in that particular colour?

What do you think the object is, it looks like the guy was observing the sky, a similar project to what I am working on right now. What is the bleeping noise?

I did not see a "Rod Type UFO". What I saw was a moving white object in the sky which seemed to look like a white fireball or meteroid. Then a bird came in from top right to bottom left and when you freeze the video at the appropriate times you see a fully-formed bird.

The sounds are from insects and the video looks like it was shot on infrared or late afternoon-into-evening.

The guy that appeared at the end must have set up the camcorder at that particular spot for a reason which escapes me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Superiorraw

Superiorraw.....

Thanks for posting that interesting video.

I think I understand where the "rods" appearance is mentioned.....the object pixelates badly as it traverses the video field of view causing the edges to appear as if they are "rippling".
snip

There is no resemblance to a rod anywhere on this video except for the speed of the bird and since it seems to be right above the camcorder it's not really going that fast since it can be frozen a few times during its flight. Also indicating that the camera was shooting at a good high shutter speed. You may be able to freeze a rod but not that many times as in reality, it is outta here in one or two frames. And even if you were able to catch a rod, the frame would not show the detail you see of the bird.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The Shrike.....

The effect I described is clearly visible if you enlarge the video of the white object several times.

However I know it's not a "rod" because "rods" are a hoax perpetrated by Escamilla & Co.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hi Shrike

I just wanted to clarify a point with you, about this thread. I titled this rod type ufo as a direct title to the name it has been given on Youtube.
Rod Type UFO, Edgware, Middlesex, Easter Sunday 2010 uploaded by user > inexplicata
It isn't my video just one that was referred to me, because of the distance I can't tell what exactly it is. Which is why I posted it up here to see what people thought of it.

I just wanted to clarify that point that it isn't mine. Whilst I could of titled this something different here on ATS, I preferred to leave it as it is so that it matched what was being hosted on Youtube.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

inexplicata thinks the rod or cylinder ship is inter dimensional or
some 'ether' critter as many might think due to the work to
the World Wide anti Tesla Conspiracy of Corporations and Governments.

Such a shame.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Regarding the meteor option:

A local observatory or astronomy group could be contacted to see if their is record of it.

I can't tell but I sent a U2U to ATS member C.H.U.D who has a lot of experience viewing meteors and asked him if he might take a look and offer his opinion.

I noted that there's a higher resolution version available but I'm not sure how much it will tell us, from the youtube link:

Here is a clip that I shot using my old Sony camcorder. The clip has been down-sized considerably for ease of uploading. I have the original tape and an original avi file which has got far more definition.

I tend to agree it's really hard to identify objects sometimes even from the original video, and trying to do so from a crappy youtube compression is even harder.

Does it appear to pass under the clouds on the right and above the clouds on the left? (Or is that just an illusion?) I think if it's lower than the clouds on the right that might be more suggestive of a plane. I'm no meteor expert but I'd think it would be unusual to see a meteor streaking underneath the clouds if that's what it's doing, since those clouds don't look like the high altitude type.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw
As far as the video goes, it seems to move awfully quick for an aircraft/civilian plane.

Yes it moves through the frame quickly so it's definitely not above 10,000 meters (30,000 feet) like the normal cruising altitude for commercial aircraft, if it's a plane. Also if it's not an illusion that it passes below the clouds on the right, then that limits the altitude further as those appear to be what this site refers to as "mid-level clouds":

ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu...(Gh)/guides/mtr/cld/cldtyp/home.rxml

The bases of mid-level clouds typically appear between 6,500 to 20,000 feet (2,000 to 6,000 meters). Because of their lower altitudes, they are composed primarily of water droplets, however, they can also be composed of ice crystals when temperatures are cold enough.

So let's say if it's at 3000-5000 meters high for example it will appear to move 3 times as fast as a plane that's 3 times higher. If there are airports near the photographer that might explain the lower altitude also.

I'm reminded of this UFO sighting of a plane that didn't look much like a plane in the video (the relevant portion starts at around 2 minutes into the video):

That was a propeller plane but since today's jets can fly much faster, the speed of movement doesn't rule out a plane at lower altitude.

Also see the meteor at about 1:30 in that video, it leaves only a very faint trail and moves very fast.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Interesting
Very fast
No contrail
Not a plane imo

Contrails only happen when atmospheric conditions are right
have you never seen that happen

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

From utube comments:

# inexplicata (uploader) Yes airplanes ARE nice, but this ISN'T a plane. Frame by frame analysis of the original shows that the mystery object is actually spinning. 5 days ago
I tend to agree.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54643e3f9b67.jpg[/atsimg]

Frame by frame analysis of half a dozen pixels that cant /dont show detail are you kidding

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems to taper off at the rear end that ought to tell yea something!
By the way, speaking of Rod's! did yea know theres a Rod in the Movie The Wild Bunch!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

From utube comments:

# inexplicata (uploader) Yes airplanes ARE nice, but this ISN'T a plane. Frame by frame analysis of the original shows that the mystery object is actually spinning. 5 days ago
I tend to agree.

Frame by frame analysis of half a dozen pixels that cant /dont show detail are you kidding

The Tesla dirigible Torpedo if we ever saw one.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

From utube comments:

I tend to agree.

Its obvious what it is its a plane at the limit of resolution that the camera can achieve its SWEET F*** ALL to do with Tesla you really should get out more because every post you do is about Tesla and all your quotes about Tesla dirigibles etc are pure 100% BS.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The camera was obviously set up on a tripod to record something in the sky. Since the UFO comes into the frame very rapidly, it's clear it wasn't the intended subject. So what was? It seems a unlikely coincidence, but we'll let that pass. So what was the original subject?

WG3

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

They say there's no such thing as coincidence! maybe synchronicity is a more appropriate!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Its obvious what it is its a plane at the limit of resolution that the camera can achieve its SWEET F*** ALL to do with Tesla you really should get out more because every post you do is about Tesla and all your quotes about Tesla dirigibles etc are pure 100% BS.

The Tesla guy is definitely all about Tesla. He should try reading another book someday.

Even so, he should understand that Tesla technology was/is incredibly "messy." It fills the air with so much raw, unmodulated EMF that if all UFOs are Tesla technology-based we'd barely be able to listen to the radio through all the static. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Tesla Guy, you crack me up!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

From utube comments:

I tend to agree.

Thanks for clearing that up for ATS and everyone.
So God's honest truth.
There is no World Wide anti Tesla Conspiracy of Corporations and Governments.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
The camera was obviously set up on a tripod to record something in the sky. Since the UFO comes into the frame very rapidly, it's clear it wasn't the intended subject. So what was? It seems a unlikely coincidence, but we'll let that pass. So what was the original subject?

If the person who uploaded it to youtube is also the photographer, the comments they posted with the video should answer your question:

www.youtube.com...

Date: 4th April 2010 - afternoon
Message: I have a good footage of a UFO. Despite not having taking my camera out for over six months, I had no doubt that I would catch something.
Here is a clip that I shot using my old Sony camcorder. The clip has been down-sized considerably for ease of uploading. I have the original tape and an original avi file which has got far more definition.
I have not been hunting UFOs for over nine months. Yesterday I took out my camera and 'knew' I would catch one. I never saw it as I was busy cleaning my balcony but it was captured on tape.
I am convinced that UFOs and Rods are around us all the time. This is why I am always certain to catch something.

So according to him, just point your camera in the sky and it's bound to record a "UFO", apparently the "rod" type!

Why didn't I think of that? :shk:

Thanks for clearing that up for ATS and everyone.
So God's honest truth.
There is no World Wide anti Tesla Conspiracy of Corporations and Governments.

I gave you a star for that post!

Tesla was a great man and I think you're right to admire his valuable contributions like the idea for AC electricity we all use today, etc, so obviously we are all using "Tesla's AC" since it works and there's no conspiracy to keep it from us, so I couldn't have said it better myself.

Regarding his other work that we don't see in daily use, maybe not everything he worked on was as good as his idea for AC electricity, so that could explain why we don't see in daily use better than a conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
It seems to taper off at the rear end that ought to tell yea something!
By the way, speaking of Rod's! did yea know theres a Rod in the Movie The Wild Bunch!

You can also see rods behind Mel Gibson's head in Braveheart and in many Hollywood films. I started looking for them in 1920s movies and they're usually seen in any movie with outdoors scenes.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The Shrike.....

The effect I described is clearly visible if you enlarge the video of the white object several times.

However I know it's not a "rod" because "rods" are a hoax perpetrated by Escamilla & Co.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I do not want to get into a word war with you or anyone else. But your statement is the same as "UFOs are a hoax perpetrated by humankind." Rods exist independent of Escamilla, he just happened to be first to notice them. You can see them in films dating back to the early '20s and possibly in the first film ever shot outdoors although I have not looked at those films. But I did start paying attention to the films of the '20s when shown on TV, especially on TCM. Right up to the present and in news broadcasts and in all kinds of documentaries.

But, no, I'm not going to get involved with frame rates, shutter speeds and all of that b.s. They're real, some of them are damn big (long) and they're fast and not everyone can see them until the tape is slowed down and in frame advance. I have plenty of examples which have been included in rod documentaries.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

My thoughts are that it is a collection of sounds emanating from the local environment. It is possibly a combination of a car alarm; the brakes from a bus stopping; the sound of real plane moving in an unrecorded part of the sky. I can't figure out what the eerie sound towards the end is.

Yes, the object moves too fast for a plane. In any case I have no doubt that it is a UFO (I am not saying alien). The owner of the original clip will see the craft visible in higher definition and is in a better position to describe what is seen.

The clip is shot in infra-red. There are clues in the testimony of the photographer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join