It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Type UFO, Edgware, Middlesex, Easter Sunday 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
UFO - Edgware, Middlesex, UK - Easter - Please could a Moderator embed this youtube clip for me?

I did do a search but only returned something from last year and this is a different sighting to that one. What are your thoughts on this?

Firstly can someone explain why the video is shot in that bronze colour? Has he taken a filter out or put something in to shoot in that particular colour?

What do you think the object is, it looks like the guy was observing the sky, a similar project to what I am working on right now. What is the bleeping noise?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

It looks more like a falling meteor than a UFO.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Im no mod but since there has been no reaction to your request ill do it for you!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Looks like a plane with the sun reflecting off its belly

Yesterday I took out my camera and 'knew' I would catch one.

So the guy is psychic as well ?

As for the bronze effect I think it's probably post editing to bring the object out more

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Tesla star ship theory says they can be very bright.
Going slow any low is another mode of flight.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Firstly can someone explain why the video is shot in that bronze colour? Has he taken a filter out or put something in to shoot in that particular colour?

It's called sepia, is a color filter. You can configure a camera to shoot something in this color or apply the filter with an image or video editor. It's commonly used to give a picture an air of antiquity like an old photo. Or, it's also used to hide something you don't whant to show.

What is the bleeping noise?

I don't know. It sounds like my microwave. But can be some kind of radar? Or the guy put the bleeping noise trying to hide the plane sound? Because I've heard the sound of a plane in the entire video.

Now let's connect the dots:

1. The UFO looks like a plane in the sky,

2. The UFO flies in a straight line like a plane,

3. The UFO makes the same sound of a plane.

What is it? Yep, it's a plane indeed.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by One Step Beyond...]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting
Very fast
No contrail
Not a plane imo

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Does the flight pattern really make it look like a meteor though?
Also this video looks likes it was taken in the day, so would a meteor like this be visible?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

The bleeping sound is the audio from the video, but slowed down.

The video has been edited to slow the rate of the fireball/ufo/whatever crossing the screen.

The fast object that shoots across the screen about half way through, is just a bird, in case anyone was wondering.

This is either an Infra-red filter, or as had been said a sepia filter.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Well, yeah a flaming fireball shooting through the sky certainly would be visible during the day.

Have you never seen a bonfire during the day?

Could you see the flames? Yes, so can i.
Handy really, as firemen would never find a fire to extinguish, except at night!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
From utube comments:

# inexplicata (uploader) Yes airplanes ARE nice, but this ISN'T a plane. Frame by frame analysis of the original shows that the mystery object is actually spinning. 5 days ago
I tend to agree.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Me too bluemooone2.

I'm saying i reckon it MAY be a meteor, we are in the Virginids (collective name for lots of different meteor showers) season, so plenty are happening this time of year in the Northern hemisphere.

IF it is an aircraft, it on bloody fire, and about to crash.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

haha, fair enough.
I still dont see it as a meteor though.
It might still be though.
Does the flight pattern follow what a meteors flight pattern would be though?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I think a meteor would have a tail even in the daylight . Not sure tho. Also , not sure what the sound is but the video does not appear to be slowed down if you watch the end.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Yeah, sure.

Meteors tend to 'fly' in straight lines.

Not having any control flaps of rudders etc, they don't change direction, unless they start to disintegrate...then large chunks can spiral downward in different directions, due to the explosive force of...well, exploding.

This thing could be fairly high up in the atmosphere, skimming along on an oblique angle, so it would appear to be flying straight and level, although unless it bounces back off out into space (which does happen sometimes), it will be on a downward trajectory, even though it looks level...phew!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Anything is possible mate.

I've slowed video down once or twice in VLC media player, and got exactly the same sound, the same disjointed, stuttering sound.

That's one reason for me thinking it was slowed.

I would have expected a tail too, but without a better video or another from a different angle, it's hard to tell exactly what the thing is.

AFAIC, It's another *maybe, *might* or *could* be (insert preference of what it is).

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think its a plane, you can even hear the sound of an airplane in the background!

Wait, There are two things that fly by in this video. The first thing is probably an airplane and the second thing could either be a bird, a toy plane or a UFO.
But i couldn't say for sure.

Nice video though!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ckrules]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ckrules

Yea, I noticed that also.
The second object that moves across the screen looks like a bird to me.
Cheers.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Superiorraw.....

Thanks for posting that interesting video.

I think I understand why the "rods" appearance is mentioned.....the object pixelates badly as it traverses the video field of view causing the edges to appear as if they are "rippling".

I think the object is most likely to be either a meteor or a plane reflecting the sun.

However, in my opinion the quality of the video excludes a definitive identification.

Therefore, to me it remains unidentified based on the video.

Regarding the meteor option:

A local observatory or astronomy group could be contacted to see if their is record of it.

Regarding the plane option:

The direction & time of the sighting could be correlated against aircraft traffic schedules.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
firstly much thanks to dcdaveclarke for embedding the video.

I was just wondering in regards to a science and technology thread recently, about the talk of stereoscopic video cameras, would this actually of been helpful during this shot?

I'm considering a substantial upgrade to my skywatch program, if and when i do capture something unique in the sky i want to rule out any problems. To have the distance measured etc and to have good quality footage.

As far as the video goes, it seems to move awfully quick for an aircraft/civilian plane. I also dont understand the bleeping noises in the video, i had a discussion with my brother earlier about it and he seems to think its someone using a foot pump?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Superiorraw]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Superiorraw]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join