It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland's Leaders Move to Weaken Currency, Then Die in Plane Crash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Poland's Leaders Move to Weaken Currency, Then Die in Plane Crash

www.blacklistednews.com

There’s no telling if the two events are connected, but their timing is mighty interesting.

The Polish government and the National Bank of Poland, in a “rare moment of unity,” agree to weaken Poland’s currency, the zloty, in an act that would benefit Poland’s exporters at the expense of Poland’s trading partners—that is, the European Union, among others. Then, the next day, Poland’s president and the president of its national bank die in a plane crash.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In moving to weaken the zloty, Poland’s leadership was placing the interests of the people of Poland ahead of the interests of the European collective known as the European Union.

Then, the next day, the president of Poland dies in a plane crash along with numerous other top leaders, including the president of the National Bank.

Poland has been dragging its feet in adopting the euro and joining the European Union, having pushed back its target date for doing so until 2015. Here in the U.S., we might say that Poland is not a “team player.” In the New World Order, bad things tend to happen to leaders who aren’t team players.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe there is more than meets the eye on this disaster?

If this is true, the world is a much worse place than two days ago and there is no diplomacy anymore, just murder.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems that world leaders had better reassess their priorities, and forget about traveling. The world is starting to look like Chicago during prohibition. And look! We've got a president from Chicago, who already has ties to organized crime and is suspected of numerous crimes himself. With this and the uprisings of Thailand and Kyrgyzstan, it seems like the winners are the companies that will be publishing the new maps, you know, the ones with no countries, just a big black NWO stamp across the middle?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the Wall Street Journal article about the devaluation of Poland's currency dated one day before the crash.

blogs.wsj.com

Very interesting timing indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
in an act that would benefit Poland’s exporters at the expense of Poland’s trading partners—that is, the European Union, among others.

Hmmm.. this article has tried to spin something here that doesn't make any sense..

Poland is in the EU.. Not competing against it.. It competes inside it against other member states..

Yes it would have made it more competitive against the EUROZONE members but a well oiled Polish economy is extremely important for driving EU growth during the harsh times..

Fair enough, the Polish president and party were not a part of the EU progression and the EU and other member states would have liked to see a more EuroCentric administration but killing scores of people? Very doubtful..

If that was the case, why isn't Klaus the Czech President dead? He's one of the biggest outspoken critics and blockers of EU integration..

Also, the Polish president had recently created warmer relations with Russia which is extremely beneficial to the EU as Poland was one of the main blockers of EU Russia relations..

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Indeed... There have been litterally hundreds of people within EU circles who are "outspoken", certainly more so than this collection of high ranking Poles and yet, they still live.

Now, the question remains which would prove or disprove this "theory" (I use the term lightly).

Has the Polish currency been devalued anyway, or is it about too? If it has, this theory is bunk. If there is a sudden, unnexpected change of Policy, then it might be worth a look.

Personally, I think this is mere crazy talk and reading the article (and subsequent posts) it would seem some outside Europe are unaware of how the EU operates.

I think it is far more likely that, despite calls to upgrade their Presidential jet which were ignored, they died after Pilot error in a plane over 20 years old which has a questinable safety record at the best of times.

In fact, why stage an assasination in the one mode of transport where every last detail up to the point of impact is recoded in meticulous fashion? And better yet, cause this well-monitored mode of transport to crash in a location where BOTH black boxes were revovered within hours and witness saw it happen.

If you're going to kill off a Leader and his entourage, make sure the plane goes down over water. Anything else is just leaving reams of evidence for people to start putting together and working it out.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The devaluation of the Polish Currency may not be the problem.

But the effect thereof of what that would do to the EURO in connection to with the issues in greece!

All roads in Europe these days lead to Brussels, not Rome.

I find it very strange that two of the most experienced pilots from Poland would ignore the orders/warnings from Flight traffic control to land somewhere else.

I am no expert at all on Aviation however I am sure that this is pretty unprecendented, whatever the traffic control says I thought as a matter of course the pilots did, unless it would lead to a crash, not save one from happening.

Why on earth would such knowledgeble pilots, try and land in such fog with no visual contact with the ground, esp when vectored to another airfield, esp considering the importance of the passengers.

Something is not quite right about this.

Kind Regards

Elf

[edit on 11-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Dermo

Now, the question remains which would prove or disprove this "theory" (I use the term lightly).

Has the Polish currency been devalued anyway, or is it about too? If it has, this theory is bunk. If there is a sudden, unnexpected change of Policy, then it might be worth a look.

I am not up on how the EU operates or educated in economics either, but it does seem that they just moved on this Friday after warning that their central bank would intervene for the last month or so.

April 9 (Bloomberg) -- Poland’s central bank bought foreign currency to weaken the zloty for the first time since 1998 and said it may do so again, putting investors on notice it will seek to prevent exchange rate gains harming economic growth.

The central bank “can’t exclude intervening again,” Deputy Governor Witold Kozinski said by phone. The government may also buy foreign currency, Deputy Finance Minister Dominik Radziwill told PAP newswire.

Even after such talk, the move came as “quite a surprise” to investors, said Marcin Mazurek, an economist at BRE Bank SA in Warsaw. “I don’t know to what extent this is just the central bank demonstrating that it can act, answering many people who said it wouldn’t intervene, and to what degree it results from a fundamental belief that intervention is needed.”

“It shouldn’t be ruled out that today’s actions by the Narodowy Bank Polski are a game changer,” said Blum, who recommended selling zloty and Czech koruna and buying Turkish lira.

bloomberg.com

edit: typo

[edit on 11-4-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I see the points that are being made and really only see a terrible coincidence..

If there is a conspiracy.. wouldn't the Russians be involved? Seeing as they invited half of the Polish government to their country where they all died?

But neither the Polish central bank, the EU or anyone who would really benefit from their deaths are in bed with the Ruskies.

But as Stu said above, if there is a big policy shift, then it may be worth a look.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

If there is a conspiracy.. wouldn't the Russians be involved? Seeing as they invited half of the Polish government to their country where they all died?

Unless they are being used as a scapegoat?

It might just be as you said, a terrible coincidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well in one weekend some interesting things have happened all with the Russian hand at play somewhere.

On their Eastern areas by the Caucus, the collapse and overthrow with explicit mentioned involvement of the russians by some Krystistan,

On the other side in Western Europe this strange event.

Infact the two flanks of russia have over the past 36 hours totally changed as far as the poeple in power there.

Strange coincidence?

Elf

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It is worth noting, for the more conspiracy minded, that the investigation is going to be carried out by Russian authorities and personally overseen by Action man himself, Vladimir Putin.

One could, if they were that way inclined, imply that the Russians could easily falsify the investigation......

Just to play devils advocate

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

great post.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

the only thing i know is that it's too perfect a storm to find pretty much Polands entire Government to find itself a smoldering disaster...

Things like intelligence spring to mind...

The kind of intetlligence that would whisper in your ear, hey psst; i know when and where the Polish President and 90% of his most important leaders will be in the most vulerable point in history...

Anybody who thinks their plane just happened to crash in dense fog, has got to be ridiculously blinded by media b.s.

We're talking about a part of the world where the weather is routinely CRAP.

If these pilots could not fly through "predictable" weather conditions...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I thought Poland was an extrmemely poor country that most of their people want out of?

How can they possibly affect the other EU nations so much?

Excuse my ignorance here, I am no economist, but it seems strange that Poland could cause any trouble here??

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Guess its time to add this to my list of possible assassinations by plane crashes. Here is the list.

Something like this:
In April of 2010, the president of Poland and his top aides died in a plane crash. Days earlier, he planned to devalue his country's currency which would weaken the rest of the eurozone and improve his country's economy.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Unless they are being used as a scapegoat?

Ah yes but they would only be a scapegoat if the finger was being pointed at them..

It is an amazing thing to happen all the same.. All those politicians gone in the blink of an eye..

Originally posted by grantbeed
I thought Poland was an extrmemely poor country that most of their people want out of?

How can they possibly affect the other EU nations so much?

Good point - They don't affect other EU economies at all apart from outsourcing and Politics.. Poland is nowhere near a trillion Euro Economy so it is not a real player in the EU in an economic sense.. However it may have the massive potential to be over the next couple of decades..

The main reason I don't see any conspiracy here is because of that point.. Poland may have 40 odd million people but it only has a GDP three times that of Ireland which only has 4 million..

Originally posted by time91
In April of 2010, the president of Poland and his top aides died in a plane crash. Days earlier, he planned to devalue his country's currency which would weaken the rest of the eurozone and improve his country's economy.

But how would it have weakened the EUROZONE?

It would have had almost no effect whatsoever on the EUROZONE..Or anyone.. All EU states that control their own currencies that needed to revalue their currency have done so already without their politicians being assassinated..

[edit on 11/4/10 by Dermo]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Er, no...

The EU doesn;t let in "extremely poor" countries. They are not as well off as Western EU states, but they are hardly a bunch of onion munching peasants. In fact, they didn;t see a recession in the past few years, just lower growth. Their GDP for 2009 stands at around $690 Billion.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is strange because just a few weeks ago we were talking about how many people in "high places" die in plane crashes. See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I don't know if it was actually one of the eurozone countries, but with everyones economy still on the downside Poland presented a risk. If they devalued and managed to make money on their exports and get a strong economy going then other countries might follow suit. This would definitely be going against what all the globalists want, it could spell the eventual end to all of these large economic unions. Then countries would drift back towards being isolationist, and they would have a huge problem on their hands. Maybe someone decided to make an example of Poland's leaders, if you go against the push for a global economy and government then this might happen to you.
Honestly I'd give this one 50/50 accident vs. assassination, but the timing is suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join