It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying Attention To Commercials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Something is wrong. Something is dead wrong. You see all these commercials for schools throughout the country, but you do not see any commercials for hiring jobs. Why is that? Why is there no advertisement for hiring jobs like there is advertizement for different schools? I tell you, you know what this means? It just goes to show you that the jobs out here aren't real money makers. It's like what is the point of getting a job for nowadays if they can't afford you a decent home on their wages? The world is backwards. What do we need to know about schools for when we know rather we need to know about jobs. I say the world should work like this... You should be able to get hired first before attending some school. That way you know it's most promising soon as you graduate. But why on earth it ain't like so is beyond me. Do you all have a theory as to why jobs are not advertising like all these different schools? You know the world is F'ed up when hiring jobs can't put forth commercials on national T.V. like schools do. Anyway the good news is the world will be coming to an end soon, to where we can just forget about all the bad stuff the world used to get by with.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT HIRING JOBS ADVERTISING ON COMMERCIALS MEANS?!! A BETTER AMERICAN WORLD. Do you think this topic is righteous?
It is a righteous topic so ahead of its righteous time. You've got to give it a righteous flag and a righteous star.
Looking forward to your righteous feedback.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Tormentations]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I watched a special on Enron. There was nothing but etrade, TD ameritrade commercials. Are they nuts or they just think we're totally stupid? I thought it was a riot! Yeh, sign me up, I'll be glad to give you bastards my money. WTF?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's probably just not a very cost effective way of filling jobs. If it were, I am sure it would be used a lot more.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have a DVR, so I fast-forward through the commercials. Plus, I barely watch four hours of TV a week anymore. You should try it, it'll clear up the media-induced mental fuzziness and anxiety that you're obviously suffering from. Don't let the MSM screw with your mind!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jobs should do like schools... Be somewhat open admission and be able to employ a whole capacity inflocking wanna-be employees like how some schools are open admission and able to enroll a whole capacity of wanna-be students. Maybe then it would be best to run commercials for hiring jobs if the job wants to grow via employees. The more employees, the more work gets done. True? Which then of course means more money should be made by the employer and the employees. It seems like simple math to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A want ad and the internet way only tell me that the job isn't hiring many which limits my chances right there of getting the job. Plus, those ways of advertizsing tell me the job isn't willing to pay much for being cheap. lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am all for on the job training but I want my doctors and lawyers and all the people that build the things we use to know what they are doing. A first year engineer student better not be in charge of building a bridge unless they passed all the tests that prove they know what they know.

As for commercials I could not tell you as I do not have anything hooked to my TV except for my Blue-ray and game consoles.

I would think that the lack of hiring commercial is a good thing as it means the positions are filled up.

Schools have a calculated "churn" rate as most go 4 years and are out. I imagine they like the revenue they get also...

new topics

top topics

join