It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim nurses CAN cover up... but Christian colleagues can't wear crucifixes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
This thread is devolving into a race hate filled diatribe. Most of you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

As for the poster who said these Muslims should become Christian - why should they become Christian? To molest children and get away with it?

Honestly, I thought ATS was better than this!

Parallex.

Unfortunately, as with anywhere online, These threads bring all the bigots, racists and scum out of the woodwork.

I have witnessed and participated in many, many heated threads on ATS.... including dozens about Muslims, BNP and so on.... and the amount of blatant racists and just completely ignorant people on this site is truly astonishing... you'd think we were above it all and that we are here to find answers and work together in research and so on, but not so.

There are some truly despicable members on this site man.... so sad.

[edit on 12/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I agree with you for a change.. However its not about race but religion and patient safety...

Emotive stuff......

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I agree with you for a change.. However its not about race but religion and patient safety...

Emotive stuff......

If only it were! You have a double whammy interest in this subject in that you hate palestinians, and doubly so because they are Muslims. Most of the of the other far right nutters on here spout the same diatribe about Muslims time after time - it's like a BNP / UKIP / English Democrats forum sometimes!

Patient safety is the last thing you wanted to discuss when you posted up your link - patient safety IS compromised by this blindingly stupid ruling, but that isn't why this topic appeared is it? This topic appeared to slate Muslims and generally preach hatred.

If it weren't so obvious I'd indulge the topical cover - but it IS obvious, so I'll save that discussion for another time.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

For the record.. You are talking bollocks.. I do not hate Palestinians.... I am very tempted to press the ignore button .. You attack me on every thread even though the threads are not about me... I dont hate Muslims either.. In fact I dont hate anyone.... I hate the situation... Mostly because of sheer frustration and the fact that we have no control over it...

Last time i reply to any of your crap

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
disgusting . muslim culture is ruining the UK. get out while you can.

Muslim culture is destroying Europe.
I got out of the UK ten years ago and live in Spain. All mu family still live in Yorkshire. I makes me sick to see how everyone in the UK is bending over backwards to appease the muslim community, at the expense of British born christian citizens.

Im only glad that ALF GARNETT isnt here to se whats happened to the country...Im all for intergration but this isnt intergration its their culture imposing itself on ours and slowly destroying it.

What would Alf say if he'd read the Daily mail - "'Ere, look at this, my god, bloody Pakistanis and darkies come over here in a bloody banana boat and now they're nearly running the bloody country..boots off and 'ome i say...oy, and wheres me bloody tea yer silly moo"

"Jesus was British you know"

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

So, showing concern for the majority being sidelined over a minority or being worried about the rate of immigration and change this country has gone through in the past 10 years alone is racist and bigotted?

This is exactly the reason why the BNP and other far-right groups get the support they do, because touchy-feely do-gooders point blank refuse to have a sensible debate about issues that concern A GREAT MANY PEOPLE in this country. Instead, you resort to name calling and belittling people's opinions because they don't jive with your own.

Exactly the behaviour shown by UAF members at any EDL rally, incidentally which have far more UAF members knicked for violence and disorder than the "thuggish and racist" EDL....

If only it were! You have a double whammy interest in this subject in that you hate palestinians, and doubly so because they are Muslims. Most of the of the other far right nutters on here spout the same diatribe about Muslims time after time - it's like a BNP / UKIP / English Democrats forum sometimes!

The BNP, UKIP and the ED are 3 completely different parties representing some very different views. To lump all 3 into the same basket is as ignorant as us "bigots" you try to shoot down and stifle debate with.

Patient safety is the last thing you wanted to discuss when you posted up your link - patient safety IS compromised by this blindingly stupid ruling, but that isn't why this topic appeared is it? This topic appeared to slate Muslims and generally preach hatred.

There are two issues up for discussion here. The first is patient safety, as the rules are being relaxed to cater for a silly superstition. The second is in fact discrimination, one group getting preferrential treatment over another.

If you can't have a grown up discussion about some emotive issues without resorting to name calling and the like, might I suggest you don't comment on the subject altogether?

[edit on 12/4/10 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not sure what you're on about really?
Was actually talking generally about the internet and ATS.... didn't mention this thread, anything said in this thread or anyone posting in this thread.

My point was a general one mainly pointing out to Parallex, that they shouldn't be shocked by any comments they hear on discussions of this nature.. discussions concerning Muslims and so on... as they tend to bring out the lowest common denominator.

I didn't call anyone a name or belittle anyone.

I merely stated that there are some despicable members on this site, I know because I've clashed with a few, I've seen a few banned for voicing disgusting views and completely intolerant and hateful opinions.

Thanks for your concern but everything you've said is unfounded and irrelevant, as I actually didn't mention this thread or anyone on it.

Shouldn't you be out campaigning anyway?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

For the record.. You are talking bollocks.. I do not hate Palestinians.... I am very tempted to press the ignore button .. You attack me on every thread even though the threads are not about me... I dont hate Muslims either.. In fact I dont hate anyone.... I hate the situation... Mostly because of sheer frustration and the fact that we have no control over it...

Last time i reply to any of your crap

Fair enough. As long you can restrain yourself from attacking Muslims in a base and unwholesome manner, then you wont have to!

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Everyone needs to wear the required uniform. Religion doesn't matter. No accessories either(like the crucifix necklaces). Its unsanitary in that environment. There should be no exceptions there. I could care less what religion the person is, it has nothing to do with being competent in your job.

Of course the UK is bending over backwards to please the "muslim minority", I remember seeing a video where these muslim protesters attacked and cornered British police and said they were superior or something like that. I can't remember when i saw it but i was enraged that people where in harms way and the government did nothing

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

So, showing concern for the majority being sidelined over a minority or being worried about the rate of immigration and change this country has gone through in the past 10 years alone is racist and bigotted?

No, but consistently reporting Muslims as one of the main causes of said immigration PROBLEMS, and generally bad-mouthing them at every opportunity IS.

This is exactly the reason why the BNP and other far-right groups get the support they do, because touchy-feely do-gooders point blank refuse to have a sensible debate about issues that concern A GREAT MANY PEOPLE in this country. Instead, you resort to name calling and belittling people's opinions because they don't jive with your own.

Sorry, but that's absolute diatribe. Sensible debate in your English Democrat book is anything that English Democrats agree with - everything else gets censored doesn't it? You KNOW this is true. The English Democrats couldn't hold a candle to many of the excellent Muslim debating groups there are around the country.

Exactly the behaviour shown by UAF members at any EDL rally, incidentally which have far more UAF members knicked for violence and disorder than the "thuggish and racist" EDL....

Indeed, this may be the case? Why I wonder? Maybe because the EDL is so very good at goading people into violence against them. A few racist taunts here, a few underhand anti-semitic comments there... Everyone knows the EDL is an England First Party throwback - just like the English Democrats, yes that's right - I know that the English Democrats merged with the White Supremacist England First Party. Just to enlighten everyone at election time.

The BNP, UKIP and the ED are 3 completely different parties representing some very different views. To lump all 3 into the same basket is as ignorant as us "bigots" you try to shoot down and stifle debate with.

I think if you look at their manifesto's and so-called 'debate' pages, you'll find that all three consist of far-right grass roots elements, with con-artist leadership at the top. All three parties (to a lesser extent UKIP) have massive issues with Muslims, believe that draconian immigration policies will solve everything that is wrong with the world, and generally hate minorities. Not so different to be honest.

There are two issues up for discussion here. The first is patient safety, as the rules are being relaxed to cater for a silly superstition. The second is in fact discrimination, one group getting preferrential treatment over another.

Agreed. Christians can't have their way and they don't like it. Funny that. Sounds just like.... ISLAM!! Religion blows!

If you can't have a grown up discussion about some emotive issues without resorting to name calling and the like, might I suggest you don't comment on the subject altogether?

I'm sure the English Democrats have a page you can preach hate on... I wonder which one of the characters on there you are? Hmmmm.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Nice try at a slippery spin, but when you open up with "These threads (ie; This one) bring out all the bigots and racists", immediately following a back and forth between a couple of posters over this issue, then it can be inferred you were refferring to not only this thread but those posting within it.

If your comment was a general one about the site as a whole, why did you post it in this thread and not post your own about that very issue?

It was deliberately implied that certain, unspecififed (I grant you that...) posters in this thread are bigots and racists because they dare to critice blatantly discriminatory practices. No amount of Spin doctoring can get you off that hook. Give Alistair Campbell a call, he could give you some tips.

EDIT: I'm at work, no campaiging today. Besides, there is no ED candidate in my constituency. Thought about standing myself, but don't have the time.

[edit on 12/4/10 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
From a patients point of view I wouldn't really give a toss if the nurse treating me was wearing a cross, star of david or even a frigging pentagon as long as they could talk to me coherently in English and could provide the best possible treatment.

If I was a nurse then I think I'd be a little pissed off if one religion was being treat different to another just to appease PC do-gooders.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No, but consistently reporting Muslims as one of the main causes of said immigration PROBLEMS, and generally bad-mouthing them at every opportunity IS.

It cannot be denied that the main immigrant group which fails to integrate is the Islamic one, hence the concern.

Sorry, but that's absolute diatribe. Sensible debate in your English Democrat book is anything that English Democrats agree with - everything else gets censored doesn't it? You KNOW this is true. The English Democrats couldn't hold a candle to many of the excellent Muslim debating groups there are around the country.

Oh, the irony! Bitching about people generalising and then making a generalisation yourself. Nice one

Indeed, this may be the case? Why I wonder? Maybe because the EDL is so very good at goading people into violence against them. A few racist taunts here, a few underhand anti-semitic comments there...

Hmm, if that is the case, then why have no EDL members been arrested for using such "provocative" language? The Police are obliged to arrest anyone who makes such offensive remarks.

From what I have seen (and I was in the area during the Birmingham clashes last year) Is the EDL get ambushed by the UAF as soon as they are located. The EDL members I saw fled in the face of a large group of masked Asian youths who were hurling bricks and steel bars pilferred from a building site.

The Police had to coral the few hundred EDl members for their own saftey as they were barraged by missiles.

UAF organisers actively encouraged the youths to attack the EDL, without any provocative remakrs ever being uttered, it was the reason teh UAF were there, nothing else.

Me thinks your accusations are gonads, as I have seen quite the opposite in the flesh.

Everyone knows the EDL is an England First Party throwback - just like the English Democrats, yes that's right - I know that the English Democrats merged with the White Supremacist England First Party. Just to enlighten everyone at election time.

Are they white supremacist because they don't jive with your views, so you hurl labels or was that a stated policy by them? Becuase you've called people bigots and racists here for simply having an opinion.

I think if you look at their manifesto's and so-called 'debate' pages, you'll find that all three consist of far-right grass roots elements, with con-artist leadership at the top. All three parties (to a lesser extent UKIP) have massive issues with Muslims, believe that draconian immigration policies will solve everything that is wrong with the world, and generally hate minorities. Not so different to be honest.

Same could be said about every party if you take a narrow definition and make them fit. The ED, UKIP and the BNP differ wildly on a great many policy area's.

Agreed. Christians can't have their way and they don't like it. Funny that. Sounds just like.... ISLAM!! Religion blows!

Agreed, bunch of crock.

I'm sure the English Democrats have a page you can preach hate on... I wonder which one of the characters on there you are? Hmmmm.

Please point to any area where I have "preached hate". This should be interesting. The very fact you actually think I am a racist is laughable for so many reasons I don't know where to begin.

I don't post on the ED forums
I am not actually a die hard supporter, I only support them because they are campaiging for a better deal for England within the Uk and Europe.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's hilarious how people in this thread post about how the issue isn't about muslims, yet a few lines later they are all "rarrrrrrr evil muslims! They are taking over our culture, the British are bending over backwards to them etc etc, bla bla bla."

Looking, at the article, it is very ridiculous and just silly. But as I've said before many stories like this are used as an excuse for people merely to be racist. We can have a proper debate about as many people say we should, but you only need to look at some of the languge some people use to realise they are just spewing hate. By the way that isn't aimed at the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't believe wearing crosses are a requirement of the Christian religions. That's the difference.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Neither is wearing a headscarf for Muslims but don't let facts get in the way...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by damwel

Neither is wearing a headscarf for Muslims but don't let facts get in the way...

think its the Hijab not headscarf

Hijab isnt required but most these people do it to stir # up
or to make a point.

on point to people shouting racist
get a life, Faith isnt RACE. seriously whats up with that

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

from what I understood, Hijab is more of a concept of modesty, not the actual garment itself. Depending on where you are in the Muslim world, "modesty" and protecting it can mean very different things. It's more of a cultural thing as to what the women wear rather than religious.

One thing I have noticed is that men are required also to dress modestly, but I often don't see that where I live. More often than not, the men will wear whatever they fancy (usually western garb) and the women are the ones being made to cover up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes I know.. My missus who is a Jordanian goddess, used to have to wear one all the time as a Muslim... She converted to Christianity and had to get into Israel to get away from family.... Guess that makes my kids semites too then huh

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I didn't say it was.

I also said "stories like this" and didn't specifically say this one.

Statements such as "get a life" really shows that you respect others views and opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join