It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia ..who would join?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
if i donated 10k acres of woodland to start a Utopia..who would join?

not a hippy commune lol

but not a soul who lived there will have to buy anything..live of the land and trade ect.

i was just wondering would people in today's age still be willing to try it.

ps.. no idea where to put this thread so move if ya feel the need.

i just wanted to see who would be willing to pack up all they know to try to start a society based on what they think it should consist of.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I would be more than willing to join your Utopia just as long as females far outnumber the males. Utopias are supposed to be great and close to perfect. And I feel this would bring it closer to perfect. And can spirits and cigarettes be plentiful?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Look up the different micro nations. And look up the success rate. Christiania is the only one that succeeded and the Hutt River micro nation. Everyone else with either an internet micro nation (that is not real), and the others have no inhabitants. So unless you got a lot of money an a lot of people who really want to do this, it might work. Besides that it is real hard. Best of Luck though

P.S I would like to find out how to live in Christiania now that would be something interesting to find out

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
good idea , but i dont think it will work

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd give it a shot...

Of course I would like to know a little more how you'd "lead" such utopia.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't waste the area like that. Utopias don't work, we are flawed. Sooner or later there will be a need for authority and dominance and how that is determine could be dangerous.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sounds great, and you sound like a supporter of the diggers

Tho I do wish you well with your endeavour

My only gripe is the word utopia, coined by a man who liked to burn alive those who disagreed with his views... hence I have a quiet disdain for the word itself..

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sure. ill join your cult..i mean commune.

will there be levels of enlightenment. like us cult joiners are used to?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Those who can feel greif can visite a utopia if they are taught how, when ever they feel greif. (alot of people dont have this emotion.) yes, greif. Weird enough to say its true, alof of people can't feel it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Iv found a little utopia and its called Amsterdam.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would give it a shot !

Just one condition I want to have the fastest possible internet link available.

I can not live in peace and serenity if I'm not learning everything about space and so on. Oh.. and we need to give an update of it all on ATS.

Any attempt to seize power will be decapitation on the spot.

Take the lead is ok everybody got talents hmm,

Reply to colloredbrothers.

I can hardly call Amsterdam a Utopia.
To busy and traffic cracks me up. To Coo,coo proportions.

I'll rather buy the misses some tulips hop in my wooden shoes twist a big one and give Berta 18 a good milking.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Utopia? Is that in the Balkans? Ya Be Ga! Will we have cable TV Mummy? Join? That means that sooner or later some sociopathic bastard will climb to the top of the heap and claim that he/she is King of the castle and that the rest of us are all serfs and we'll be in the same boat that we're in now.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

No trust ? In the human psyhco free brain ?

It's never the raving lunatic that takes over. The public let them selves to enslavement.

The people want leaders people in control cause they are lazy. And therefore easy manipulated.

If the whole world right now stopped giving their money and blocked the path and ways of the rich. They are nothing. Unable to do anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its surprising how much your description of Utopia sounds like how most Native American tribes lived before westerners came and 'civilized' them. Just a little factoid for everyone to ponder over.

Anyway, being part indian myself and having plenty of relations with the local tribes(I'm from Oklahoma)I'd say, yes, I'd be interested in participating in your grand experiment. One stipulation though....I'd have to have access to music and movies.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would just want to be somewhere i could be in peace. Peace within yourself is the most important.

If that means what ever to you, then thats fine, but for me, i just want to be in peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Hello Maddogkull, I have your answer (:

I live in Denmark, and have been at Christiania twice. I asked a cityzen there, how people could live there, the only thing you can do, is to get a boyfriend/girlfriend from there, and move in. Nothing else to do, sadly.

If you or anyone ever comes to Denmark, then try go around in Christiania. Its a really cool and relaxed place (beside all the police there is there becouse of the marijuana)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would pass on that opportunity. There's too many things I feel I need in the real world such as hospitals. I always dreamed of buying my own island and moving there to just run around naked and be awesome. But then I think, what if I fell and broke my arm, then I'd be up a creek wouldn't I. Fun idea though

Also, the track records on utopias aren't something to be jealous of. as an example, Jonestown. We all know how that chestnut turned out.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
I would pass on that opportunity. There's too many things I feel I need in the real world such as hospitals. I always dreamed of buying my own island and moving there to just run around naked and be awesome. But then I think, what if I fell and broke my arm, then I'd be up a creek wouldn't I. Fun idea though

Also, the track records on utopias aren't something to be jealous of. as an example, Jonestown. We all know how that chestnut turned out.

Ah reality, how you love to crush our dreams.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wouldn't have to buy anything?
If you want a tech level above Medieval, you'll still need to buy things.

Not everything will grow everywhere. Also, are you going to have factories, smithies? To do such a thing, you'd have to basically mimic the Amish, and their degree of trading with the modern world.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Amsterdam??
:bash:

I live there, it's more like Hell then Utopia

Back to the OP's Q ... yups I wuld give it a try if they want to have me

It's difficult though with a group of people you have never lived with to form a community of some sort .....

Last month we were talking about it (at our home with some friends) that IF I would win the lotery then I would buy land with some houses on it for hubs & me and some fam. members and friends ......

That would already be a hard job, living verrrrrry closely with some of your 'close' friends / relatives, let alone with 'strangers' ....

top topics

join