It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't doctors recommend different types of cancer treatments, besides radiation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

WRONG! You haven't cured anything. Do you even know what "cured" means? Obviously not. Hence there's no point in even arguing with people like you or VZD who don't even understand the basics of cancer statistics. Let's see where you are 5-10 years from now and if you're "cured". No one is saying that radiation, chemo, and surgery doesn't work. But you can also kill a headache with a lead bullet to the head. Get the point?

No. I guess I don't get the point. But I do understand something about statistics and I also have my own experience to rely upon.

I had my last chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin's disease 23 year ago. I have been cancer free for 23 years.

Call it what you want, as far as I'm concerned, I'm cured. I know of others who relied on alternative therapies who are dead.

You see, with cancer you don't get much of a second chance. I chose the more promising option. I'm satisfied with my choice.

[edit on 4/12/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I just watched a great documentary called "The Beautiful Truth" from Netflix. The film is about the Gerson Therapy, I highly recommend watching it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hodgkin's lymphoma has a 90% cure rate with early detection. Nice try........NEXT!

And for every person you know that's died of alternative cancer treatment I can name 5 that have lived because of it. I've personally seen cancer patients who were on their deathbed use 714X and hydrazine sulfate make a compelte recovery. You probably know nothing about either or the history behind Dr. Gold or Gaston Naessens. In fact 714X and hydrazine sulfate are approved in other countries for cancer treatment. And that mr. big bad skeptic is the ENTIRE POINT! We as Americans DESERVE TO USE ANYTHING WE WANT to fight cancer.....if it's worthless who cares?????????? Do you care if I inject a worthless nontoxic drug into my body? No. It should be my right.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Yeah and on the flipside there are even better alternative cancer treatments than his. I.e. hydrazine sulfate, DMSO, Krebiozen, Glyoxilide etc. Hydrazine sulfate is the most recent and most promising. There is well documented effectiveness by research done at UCLA.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I guess it all comes down to the choice of the patient with cancer. I was just offering the OP an answer to the question based on a documentary I saw. Interesting point in the film, the Mayo Clinic wouldn't allow one of their doctors to be interviewed (even though the doctor wanted to) and say that the Gerson diet worked for one of his patients.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I recently forwarded this link to two people I know with cancer. This man is a twenty year survivor of pancreatic cancer. He actually lives here in my town as well. Hope it is helpful to someone.

www.ncrf.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I will not say that ya'll's education is "paid for by big Pharma"...but...I HAVE seen MASSIVE attempts by pharm. reps to ...um..."lure? Convince? medical professionals to use their products......(and I have worked in medicine since the 80's). I will only state my opinion...but, if you wish to get an answer that SUITS you...then you might have to look around a bit..trust the MD's...or trust your witchdoctor...or trust your instinct...or trust no-one....
my point being that there are a LOT of opinions flying around in the world....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Following doctor’s orders has become synonymous with danger. Every year, FDA approved drugs kill twice as many people as the total number of U.S. deaths from the Vietnam War. Death by medicine flourishes because deceit, not science, governs a doctor’s prescribing habits. This deceit comes in many forms. Medical ghostwriting and checkbook science are the most prominent.

read here

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

and I worry about this stuff because I grew up in the oil-fields of East TX

but am I just paranoid? so enlighten me, Cowboy...(sorry...strange mood today)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ohhhh..oooohhhh..(hands raised)..I just have to say, YA'LL, that's it's all about the almighty dollar...even in medicine..not everywhere, mind you,...but most places..and people..and MAYBE EVEN YOU, might want to make some MONEY....

I think....and hope..that if, (or in this chemical world, when). I get some funky disease or cancer...that I would be strong, tenacious, stubborn or curious enough to try and do ANYTHING I needed to do to save myself from death, (some scary, unknown place I think about from time to time), and try a multitude of "treatments" and "cures" so that I might not die..and if I am wrong and they don't work...or maybe they do..when you're faced with death you do WHATEVER it takes...and then think mathematically...maybe you get "cured" because that's just statistics and LIFE......

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

a lady that i have known for a couple of decades was once diagnosed with cancer. It was some sort of tumor on the connective tissue on her right hand.

She was to report to surgery the next AM at 5, but when she awoke that morning the tumor (which was the size of a billiard ball) was gone. No trace. Nothing.

Strange things happen. Inexplicable things happen. But I would not hinge my life on it happening to me.

Medicine is not about curing. It is about treating. Curing doesn't create the revenue flow that treating does.

It isn't the doctors. They just execute whatever treatments they are provided by the FDA, be they good or bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Strange things happen. Inexplicable things happen. But I would not hinge my life on it happening to me.

Indeed...the day they get a handle on spontaneous remission is the day they've solved the problem. And have no doubt, it is being studied.

I was treated for with prostate cancer. My oncologist, urologist and GP all use the same word...cured. Because I sought early help, the treatment worked just fine, and all systems are go, which is a critical factor as well...trust me.

I used alternative and complementary medicines to bring down my PSA, and I got slight response...but I continued them to ameliorate the effects of the radiation. This was with approval from my team.

The reason that I take it upon myself to tell this tale, is because I made a conscious choice. Do I trust what some guy told me on the internet and waste valuable time? Or do I trust my doctors. What's at stake? Well, aside from death...there is the fear that if one loses a narrow window of opportunity for early treatment, the results are general incontinence...erectile dysfunction, or both. Neither of which I was in a hurry to experience.

Cancer kills...that's what it does. You get cancer, and left untreated...unless you are very lucky...it will KILL you. Current medicine, which is so maligned by some of our posters...has made great strides in early detection, and that is the key to treatment.

So, the ubiquitous 'guy on the net', who interestingly enough generally has a book to sell, tells us to stop...use his treatment instead. This, all too often, can have the net effect of delaying treatment that could be effective had the patient gone for conventional therapy instead. And I'll tell you another thing, these pitchmen have no idea how many of their anonymous failures are buried...my doctors have a personal interest in my well-being.

Finally...we are being inundated with 2nd, third and fourth hand testimonial of successful healing of cancer through alternative means. However, consider ATS...189,437 registered members who obviously self identify as non-conformist. I have asked a number of times for any ATSer, who has cured their own cancer using solely complementary/alternative treatments...and can produce the paperwork (cuz there's lots), to say so. Sadly, no respondents thus far.

If you have cancer, make educated choices, but don't figure that 'some guy on the net' is equal to your oncologist.

And you know what? If I ask questions of them, their answers aren't riddled with STATEMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS, either.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck.....

The "spontaneous remission" aspect is being studied.

I know of a very interesting project wherein a cyclical immune system response is being researched at a couple of very prestigious institutions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

JohnnyCanuck.....

The "spontaneous remission" aspect is being studied.

I know of a very interesting project wherein a cyclical immune system response is being researched at a couple of very prestigious institutions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I would also point out an herbal-based product called Zyflamend, that is now in clinical trials and seeing some success...which sort of gives lie to the talk of 'suppression ' that we hear on this conspiracy site. The bar is high...there's a reason. Did I mention we buried my brother-in-law last year? The Essiac didn't work.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Why don't doctors recommend different types of cancer treatments, besides radiation?"

Why? because they don't want to cure you, they want to keep treating the symptoms using expensive treaments and drugs which are in essence ineffectual. The last thing they want is a 1 pill cure for cancer, they would have to charge ridiculous amounts of money for it and people would be demanding it on the NHS so it could never be financially viable, IMHO.

I saw a great video called Cannabis : Run From the Cure

Check it out here

wideeyecinema.com...

Its full of testimonials from people who have cured various forms of cancer using Hemp oil, it also shows you how to make it:-)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by electrobadgr
"Why don't doctors recommend different types of cancer treatments, besides radiation?"

Why? because they don't want to cure you, they want to keep treating the symptoms using expensive treaments and drugs which are in essence ineffectual. The last thing they want is a 1 pill cure for cancer, they would have to charge ridiculous amounts of money for it and people would be demanding it on the NHS so it could never be financially viable, IMHO.

Nonsense. On so many levels.

The great arbiter remains...should your child develop cancer and your oncologist says, "This slash/poison/or burn offers the best chance of survival that medical science can provide"...you gonna reach for the hemp oil instead?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck.....

That's really tough about your brother in law.

I agree the bar must be kept high.

Otherwise, people will waste valuable treatment time by placing their faith in unproven "cures".

I also agree with you in that I hardly think oncology technology is being suppressed.....I will be attending a major interventional oncology conference next week:

www.ecio2010.org...

This will showcase many new technologies, yet this is only a subset of oncology.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I just happen to think that Western medicine is obsessed with treatment of symptoms rather than preventative measures, most treatments for symptoms are temporary and after a while your symptoms are likely to return. We know that current cancer treatments have at best mixed results with high chance that the treatment will make you very sick and that there is no guarantee the cancer won't return. I don't have a child but if i got cancer i would be more inclined to use Hemp Oil than i would be to bombard my body with radiation for a possible temporary fix. I have lost faith in western medicine of late when i realised that our doctors don't know anything, #..last time i went to the doctors she went on the #ing internet to check my symptoms!!!! I can do that myself FFS, but if you believe that Big Pharma cares for you and are dilegently working on a cancer cure for the benefit of mankind then you sir are sadly deluded. Big Pharma doesn't care and GP's are nothing more than salesmen.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I don't have a child but if i got cancer i would be more inclined to use Hemp Oil than i would be to bombard my body with radiation for a possible temporary fix.

With all due respect, walk the walk...then report back to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

.....if you believe that Big Pharma cares for you and are dilegently working on a cancer cure for the benefit of mankind then you sir are sadly deluded. Big Pharma doesn't care and GP's are nothing more than salesmen.

Electrobadgr.....

I work at a senior level in the medical industry.

I can assure there are many, many thousands of extremely decent, extremely intelligent hard working men & women who are doing everything they can to achieve cures for cancer.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join