It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't doctors recommend different types of cancer treatments, besides radiation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Thank you, for the info

You're very welcome =) Let me know if you need info on anything else and I'll see what I can dig up. If you can't access any fot he articles, send me a U2U and I'll try to pull up the PDF with my subscription.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor, but I used to transcribe oncology reports and I have to agree with the doc on this thread. Maybe it was just the doctor I transcribed for, as I was only listening to the one oncologist, but chemo was always her last resort and the cancer had to have been getting worse for her to even consider it. If the cancer didn't seem to be growing, they would use other treatments. Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Ok maybe not all doctors, i meant some. I meant more kinds of alternative treatments that are not popular in the medical community, like some that are posted on ATS.

You mean the alternative therapies that have no logic or science to support them? I've had patients ask me about those before, and I always tell them "if it doesn't make you feel worse, go for it". That is considered the medical standard response to alternative therapies, especially those that we know will have zero effect, positive or negative, on the patient.

Again, you seem to be making very vague claims about "some doctors" without any numbers or data. What's the point in doing this?

[edit on 4/11/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

"going for it" could mean a terminated insurance policy

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Errrrrrr why do you think?

Why your doctor can not use vitamin B17 for cancer! The American Medical Association (AMA) owns your doctor and he/she is under contract to only sell synthetic drugs! The AMA treats any doctor that prescribes laetrile to be a renegade (traitorous) and says he/she has violated the AMA's membership policies and will be subject to membership termination. Therefore, any doctor that prescribes laetrile may destroy his/her career. It's HIGHLY unlikelythey're going to do that for ANY patient! In other words, the AMA gives a private membership to a doctor to legally sell drugs and only drugs.

To watch a very informative video on the cure for cancer Click the next link below...

Have a look

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1

Do you know how to debate an issue without sniping? Be passionate about your opinions, but don't resort to aggression, especially without provocation. Note: another's opinion is never provocation!

I answered the OP from my experience and perspective, I skipped nothing.

If you are being taught genuine researched alternatives in your college (?) then you don't need to join any of the protest groups currently whose professors are often on BIG pharma salaries/incentives, alongside their tutoring fees...as in the Harvard protest this year in the link I provided.

(1) You claimed that medical schools do not teach alternative therapies because they are paid by pharma.

(2) I explained that the USMLE, which ALL DOCTORS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS, includes alternative therapies, which have to be included in every school's curriculum in order to maintain a passing USMLE rate.

(3) You, in turn, provide information about a Harvard protest about ONE professor who was violating the institutions own transparency guidelines.

Do you see now why I think your posts are illogical? I presented a concrete answer to your claim, and you. rather than responding to my answer, went off on a tangent about a single professor at one medical school, as if that invalidates all medical schools everywhere.

What on earth is wrong with you? bloody minded tangents are what you are nit picking about with me, about your college vs those obviously not so lucky to be a part of an education system that is teaching from all possible alternative angles.

I quoted the Harvard case only, IF you had bothered to read the full article you would find it is a world wide problem.

Quote from article

The students say they worry that pharmaceutical industry scandals in recent years — including some criminal convictions, billions of dollars in fines, proof of bias in research and publishing and false marketing claims — have cast a bad light on the medical profession.

You obviously skipped debate etiquette, where I was taught to welcome and respect others opinions, without resorting to insulting, even the blatantly incompetent. End of.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

That's why doctors learn to get "creative" with insurance claims before we even graduate from medical school. You can write a pretty well-justified prescription for "ascorbic acid infusion" and "confirmational restriction to diet", and then simply tell the patient to take vitamin C and eat well to see if it has any effect. It's all in hwo you document and notify the insurance company (if you notify at all). Not everything needs to be run by the insurance company, anyways.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Not true at all. I've given (and have seen other doctors give) plenty of B12, either by injection or prescription. It's a common treatment in combination with some chemotherapeutics,and can be fairly potent on its own for some cancers (though not all).

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1

Velvet, please actually read my posts. The USMLE is a nationwide exam that EVERY PHYSICIAN MUST PASS in order to be licensed to practice. You are awarded a medical doctorate if you have no passed this exam, and you are not allowed to open a clinic or work in a hospital without passing this exam.

EVERY SCHOOL has to teach alternative and complmentary medicine, as it is a fairly decent chunk of the USMLE. To make the claim that only certain schools or no schools teach alternative therapies is simply ignorant and flies in the face of easily verifiable evidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Allopathic medicine is an utter failure when it comes to cancer. Since Nixon declared war on cancer 40 years ago western medicine has barely made a dent in it after spending billions and trillions of dollars on research, drugs, and treatment. VZD is an allopathic, western educated doctor who's entire medical education is funded by big pharma and indoctrination.

People have been curing themselves of cancer for a long time with safe effective non toxic treatments.

Rife's microscope, Gaston Naessens and 714X, Hoxsey's therapy, Hydrazine sulfate, krebiozen, DMSO, Glyoxylide, sodium bicarbonate therapy and the list goes on and on. The have snake venom that destroys tumor cells in a lab. One of the top chemotherapy drugs is made from a plant. The cancer industry is a multibillion dollar industry supported by extremely corrupted organizations like the FDA, NCI, NIH, and AMA. VZD is so typical of an allopathic trained doctor. She'll probably believe anything she reads on quakwatch, in a college textbook or in JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine etc. Studies lie, studies are manipulated but people or should I say "MD"s like VZD act like they are god's word of science and medicine.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Allopathic medicine is an utter failure when it comes to cancer. Since Nixon declared war on cancer 40 years ago western medicine has barely made a dent in it after spending billions and trillions of dollars on research, drugs, and treatment.

Absolutely false

Multiple Myeloma Survival Increased

Hepatic Cancer Survival Increased

Testicular Cancer Survival Increased

Breast Cancer Survival Increased

Childhood Cancers Survival Increased

Colon Cancer Survival Increased

Any others you're interested in? I'm sure I can find an article for you on most others.

VZD is an allopathic, western educated doctor

True

who's entire medical education is funded by big pharma and indoctrination.

Not true.

People have been curing themselves of cancer for a long time with safe effective non toxic treatments.

Except they aren't...there is zero evidence of this occuring.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The point being made here is that the majority of the time, you see cancer patients having radiation treatment, not B12 treatment, its not very often you here a friend/relative say "yeah i need to get some B12 shots/pills for my cancer, its far more common to hear...i'm getting chemo for my cancer. This thread is a general discussion on why radiation therapy is more common than other therapies. I think the thread is very valid as i'm sure we will all encounter cancer at somepoint, be it ourselves or family/friends, and and answers to alternative treatments would be remembered i'm sre.

And yes, the pharma companies make a fortune out of cancer treatment. It is plainly obvious because with enough a cash injection, cancer could be cured but that wont happen because its too profitable.

i know that sounds like i am being a bit harsh to cancer suferers but it is the truth behind the blanket.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Velvet1

Velvet, please actually read my posts. The USMLE is a nationwide exam that EVERY PHYSICIAN MUST PASS in order to be licensed to practice. You are awarded a medical doctorate if you have no passed this exam, and you are not allowed to open a clinic or work in a hospital without passing this exam.

EVERY SCHOOL has to teach alternative and complmentary medicine, as it is a fairly decent chunk of the USMLE. To make the claim that only certain schools or no schools teach alternative therapies is simply ignorant and flies in the face of easily verifiable evidence.

Was that a classic Freudian?

You are awarded a medical doctorate if you have no passed this exam, and you are not allowed to open a clinic or work in a hospital without passing this exam.

I really want to debate this important area with you, but you can't seem to control your personal insults.

I stopped reading after inferring my ignorance, yet again. You know on an open debate forum like this, you have no idea who's grandmother you are trying to teach to suck eggs.

IF you really want a debate (?) you'll have to calm down and offer some decent bedside manners as I'm not going to play swipe, eg... especially from a hothead junior.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1

Having a debate would require you to answer counter-arguments, which you seem incapable of doing, as I've presented the same argument three times now and you have yet to even acknowledge it.

Thanks for playing and have a great day! =)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Your information is incorrect. B12 is commonly given with chemotherapy. The reason most patients don't say "Hey, I'm getting B12 for my cancer" is probably because they don't remember or are unaware they are receiving it for one reason or another. B12 was shown many, many years ago to reduce the rate/incidence of neuropathy (a common side effect of chemo that most patients report as a tingling or numb feeling in their fingers and toes). Since that correlation was made, most clinic will give B12 supplments either in the chemotherapy cocktail, or as a separate treatment the patient can take over the counter.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Velvet1

Having a debate would require you to answer counter-arguments, which you seem incapable of doing, as I've presented the same argument three times now and you have yet to even acknowledge it.

Thanks for playing and have a great day! =)

How many times have I already asked you to quit the insults. I will not debate or acknowledge any of your arguments whilst you continue with the flying swipes like above, again. (incapable of doing).

You are obviously not in the right frame of mind to be academically subjective, let alone graceful in 'argument', so you too have a nice day.

Note: Often personal vibrations cross another's path on the wrong frequency. The wise will re-tune accordingly, the rest will start a war!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1

Soo..you're NOT going to address my point about the USMLE and required alternative therapy education, then?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Velvet1

Soo..you're NOT going to address my point about the USMLE and required alternative therapy education, then?

You know, this is your first reply that genuinely made me smile in good way.

Answer: Nope!

Reason: Not what you think - I don't have time today. BUT, never say never soo...I'll bite.

I will start a foundational ball rolling though with Q's that you and I already know the answers to, but are relevant in your proposed debate.

1) In order to pass the USMLE, how many of the block MCQ's are dedicated to alternative medical knowledge and application?

2) Same for 9 clinical case simulations - if you presented a well known and positively researched alternative course of treatment only, would you pass 'without' also cross referencing a classic stock treatment programme?

3) How many, once licensed can and do cut through the tightly controlled use of alternative medicines, within the general system, without invalidating insurance claims or getting sacked? This is getting even more tight under the new Codex Alimentarius rules governing many alternative medicines.

If you also practice personally researched positive alternative medical routes (?), then you are admiral, but certainly not the norm and are usually to be found in private practices.

When I debate a topic. Unless I say otherwise I am always using a
general-specific pattern to any argument.

If you are unfamiliar with this standard debating principle (or RFAS
Rhetorical Functions in Academic Speaking) from reasoning and being reasonable, then I suggest you take time to learn, if you want to be taken seriously in your opinions, especially by sage contributors and lecturers.

Courtesy with mutual respect, means you can have a fierce debate without resorting to any personal insults.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Why don't doctors recommend different types of cancer treatments, besides radiation or chemo?

Two points...first, radiation cured my cancer.

Second, I have asked my fellow ATSers, in numerous discussions of cancer treatment, to step up if they, themselves, have cured their own cancer through alternative/complementary means, and can provide the paperwork as proof...not as a challenge, but as a point of information.

No takers as yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ok maybe not all doctors, i meant some. I meant more kinds of alternative treatments that are not popular in the medical community, like some that are posted on ATS.

The alternative techniques that are commonly used are, obviously, not effective. IF they were, word would spread like wildfire. I mean, we are talking about people saving lives....that kind of stuff gets lots of press quickly.

There are things you can do, in addition to radiation and chemo. Cut sugar intake. Tumors often grow more aggressively with increased sugar intake (theoretically, anyway). There is also surgery as a treatment option. Lymphoma will often see the use of Rituxin. Not a chemo drug, but VERY effective at any immuno disease.

I am not saying that cures haven't been buried. I am the first to acknowledge that. But it isn't as easy as the current crop of alternative remedies would have you believe.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Maddogkull.....

Here is a new, innovative technology that you might find interesting:

The NanoKnife (Irreversible Electroporation System).

I started a thread about this a while ago, with some interesting information therein.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will post some other new technologies you might find interesting, when I get some later on tonight.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join