It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins: I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
He wants to arrest the Pope? Who the hell does he think he is?

The man has delusions of grandeur.

This is grand-standing, attention seeking, self-aggrandizement ,
and utterly pathetic.

He's like a five year old "look at me! look at me! I can play with the big-boys".

You said it. This guy is just a big flappy mouth that does anything to gather attention to itself.

You can't arrest a head of state because you believe that he's corrupt. Even if he is corrupt, you still cant. He's the head of his own nation, with it's own laws. He is above your law.

Richard Dawkins is the Sarah Palin of the atheist movement.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 21-4-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by josheboyxiii

After reading that comment it is obvious that you know nothing about Richard Dawkins and have never read any of his books/articles etc.

I wish him the very best of luck and fully support him.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

richard is a quack quack

To tell the truth I was kinda thinking about that two birds with one stone thing.
Maybe see'in a little action on that.

A hard core quack.
I'm pretty sure the pope will have him whacked.

Might be a great Deathmatch.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

After reading that comment it is obvious that you know nothing about Richard Dawkins and have never read any of his books/articles etc.

Not true. My atheist friend makes me read his stuff all the time. He's trying to convert me to atheism, which is absurd. The idea that there is absolutely no central intelligence out there is as ignorant as the belief that the Earth was created in 7 earth days and the world is only 6000 years old just because it says so in the bible.

But I digress. Richard Dawkins is just another movement mouth-piece, like Sarah Palin and Michael Moore, who like to make a lot of noise and bring a lot of attention to themselves and their movement. So they resort to stunts like this "Arrest the Pope" crap to shine some light on themselves, even though all practical and rational people know that it's a load of garbage.

He has no concrete evidence of anything, just speculation and hearsay. His boast is nothing more than that... a boast. It's a publicity stunt that stoops as low as the crap Palin does.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would bet the majority of people slagging of Dawkins have never read one of his books in their lives. So quick to jump on the hater bandwagon without knowing a jot about the man.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Based on what is widely known about Dawkins and his buddy Hitchens, I think its safe to say that neither one of them really gives two flying dumps about any children that may have been abused in the church scandal. They are simply using this as a means to make themselves and their social/political/philosophical agendas look morally superior in contrast to a religion they have spent a great deal of their careers hating and trying to demonize.

The sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church is a real tragedy that has left real human lives broken as a result. While I certainly agree that those responsible for such crimes should be swiftly and harshly brought to justice, I also believe that any attempt to use this scandal as a means to manipulate public opinion toward their beliefs (or lack of) is morally irresponsible and quite simply immature. The fact that Dawkins and Hitchens are exploiting the scandal as a way of gaining support for their anti-religious agenda completely negates any moral highground that they may have otherwise had in this matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Good find SB!

Dawkins over estimates his own influence. The NWO and the Pope inhabit the same bed. Do you get it? If you don't believe me, watch how this turns out. The Pope, unlike say a Michael Savage, will travel unscathed to Britain, have a little tea with the evil queen and scamper back to his own little corner of the Roman Empire. None the worse for the wear.

Now the best part. Dawkins might be either a consenting member of the NWO or an unwitting pawn. Either way, the real story here is he is carrying out a staged part in all of this. How is that you might ask?

Firstly, the NWO, Illuminatti, TPTB, pick your acronym for the Roman Empire, thrives on turmoil and outrage. Various voices of sanity throughout the world are crying out for justice regarding these RC abuse cases. The Pope is fanning the flames, ignoring his blatant historical involvement and doing nothing of substance in the present. He is stonewalling. The Church's soft reaction creates more turmoil. Now comes Dawkins. What many might consider "the" or at least "an anti-Pope". And so you have a very black and white confrontation being proposed. Most onlookers agree with the Dawkins position. What would cause more outrage and turmoil throughout the world than the Pope waltzing in and out of Britain unscathed by the Dawkins challenge?

To what end? I would think this series of recent revelations regarding the abuse cases is timed with an NWO move toward introducing a "world religion". They have to undermine the old faiths in order to clear the way for their new-age "can't we all just get along" club. You've noticed the abundance of decades old evidence against the Pope and the RCC being conveniently found at this time. It's been right there all along but just found now. Keep in mind this abuse scandal first surfaced a few years back. It died down and just now the river of Pope damning evidence flows. I contend there is method to all of this. Whether Dawkins is directly involved or just being used with TPTB knowing his tendencies and egging him on, I can't tell. But there's my rather general contention. In a nutshell the Pope gets away and nobody is left satisfied.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
If you're a duly authorized law enforcement officer with arrest powers and jurisdiction, you wouldn't announce it beforehand. If you're a journalist/political activist doing something for publicity, I think you announce it in advance.

YR, sorry I had not seen your post earlier. You are onto something there.
This Dawkins publicity increases the turmoil, focuses attention on the Pope going to Britain (I for one didn't know of this) and likely helps undermine the Dawkins position with every counter argument now being prepared. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i would like to see Richard try to arrest the pope and see what happens
should be a good watch

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm a proud Christian myself (not Catholic - I don't believe there should be a Pope or a "replacement" for Jesus Christ) and this might sound crazy, but to be honest I think Dawkins isn't trying to grab attention here.

After all, the Pope DID commit a "crime": he covered up sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.

However I still think that Dawkins is trying to act like a "big boy" by messing around with one of the highest authorities in the whole world. And I predict he isn't going to succeed...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Even some atheists think this is a dumb idea.

THE New Atheist campaign to have Pope Benedict XVI arrested when he visits Britain later this year exposes the deeply disturbing, authoritarian and even Inquisitorial side to today's campaigning secularism.

My only concern, as an atheistic libertarian, is with analysing the emergence of a new form of hysterical and repressive atheism.

The Australian

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
richarddawkins.net...

Needless to say, I did NOT say "I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI" or anything so personally grandiloquent. You have to remember that The Sunday Times is a Murdoch newspaper, and that all newspapers follow the odd custom of entrusting headlines to a sub-editor, not the author of the article itself.

What I DID say to Marc Horne when he telephoned me out of the blue, and I repeat it here, is that I am whole-heartedly behind the initiative by Geoffrey Robertson and Mark Stephens to mount a legal challenge to the Pope's proposed visit to Britain. Beyond that, I declined to comment to Marc Horme, other than to refer him to my 'Ratzinger is the Perfect Pope' article here: richarddawkins.net...

Here is what really happened. Christopher Hitchens first proposed the legal challenge idea to me on March 14th. I responded enthusiastically, and suggested the name of a high profile human rights lawyer whom I know. I had lost her address, however, and set about tracking her down. Meanwhile, Christopher made the brilliant suggestion of Geoffrey Robertson. He approached him, and Mr Robertson's subsequent 'Put the Pope in the Dock' article in The Guardian shows him to be ideal:
richarddawkins.net...
The case is obviously in good hands, with him and Mark Stephens. I am especially intrigued by the proposed challenge to the legality of the Vatican as a sovereign state whose head can claim diplomatic immunity.

Seriously .. you guy thought someone as smart as Richard Dawkins would say "I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI" ? Really, You guys really feel one of our times greatest mind is semi-retarded ?

I strongly think the Pope should stand trail for his "ungodly" actions.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

RICHARD DAWKINS, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.

Source

Here is what Dawkins REALLY said :

Needless to say, I did NOT say "I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI" or anything so personally grandiloquent. You have to remember that The Sunday Times is a Murdoch newspaper, and that all newspapers follow the odd custom of entrusting headlines to a sub-editor, not the author of the article itself.

What I DID say to Marc Horne when he telephoned me out of the blue, and I repeat it here, is that I am whole-heartedly behind the initiative by Geoffrey Robertson and Mark Stephens to mount a legal challenge to the Pope's proposed visit to Britain. Beyond that, I declined to comment to Marc Horme, other than to refer him to my 'Ratzinger is the Perfect Pope' article here:
richarddawkins.net...

Also -
the Pope is NOT a full member of the UN.

His status as "Head of State" is essentially honorary,
but anyway -

the Crimes Against Humanity charge CAN be made against even Heads of State - he does NOt have immunity from that at all.

K.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Gdauy,

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Yes, he has irrevocable Diplomatic immunity.
Zindo

Bollocks.

He has NO immunity from Crimes Against Humanity.
(Apart from the fact that he is NOT fully recognised by the UN.)

K.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
the only reason he has done this is for the media coverage. I think when the pope does come every one should shout dawkins out and make him put his money where is mouth is

Where is his mouth?

Did you actually READ what Dawkins REALLY said ?

K.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Iago18
On the Dawkins point, the Pope is the sovereign head of state of a recognized nation. He not only has diplomatic immunity, but also all of the privileges granted to a sovereign ruler. He cannot be arrested.

100% wrong.
He is NOT fully recognised by the UN.

Furthermore - ANYONE, even Heads of State, CAN be arrested for Crimes Against Humanity.

Interestingly, if Dawkins tried to personally arrest the Pope, he, himself, would be arrested. The only way Dawkins could attempt to arrest the Pope would be is Britain severed all ties with the Vatican.

Dawkins has NO intention of arresting the pope.
Why don't you actually CHECK what he REALLY said ?

K.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Gday,

Logic?

The Catholic Church is a hierarchy with millions of employees.

The audacity to claim the "the Pope knew" about everything going on in every diocese around the world is ridiculous.

The Pope was directly and PERSONALLY involved in the cover up.
Please check the facts before posting.

To say that the Church knew about "the pedophiles" is a gross generalization.

It's directly supported by the facts.
The Pope knew.
He helped the cover-up.

When Cardinal Ratzinger was head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, his principle concern was not witch-hunting suspects of pedophilia.

His principle concern was to cover-up widespread rape and torture of chikdren.

There have been THOUSANDS of such cases in recent decades.

How many iago?
How many children do YOU think is acceptable to raped and tortured ?

As we have seen in America, many of these cases are frauds to begin with.

So now YOU are condoning the widespread rape and torture of children.
That's how they get away with it - people like you condone it and simply refuse to accept the clear and obvious facts.

THOUSANDS of children RAPED and TORTURED.
But you try and explain it away.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

K.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Gday,

...practical and rational people know that it's a load of garbage.

THOUSANDS of children have been RAPED and TORTURED.
THOUSANDS of priests have been found guilty of it.
Coupled with systematic cover-up at the highest levels.

And guess whose side YOU are on...
Shameful.

K.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I congratulate Mr. Dawkins!

Yes, he is looking for attention, but not for himself but for the spotlight and attention that will be put on the pope's actions as a cardinal in the church. He condoned shuffling pedophiles from one church to another and shelved complaints for as much as a decade to allow these priests to continue their perverted atrocities on unsuspecting young boys. And on top of that he was a young Nazi in WWII.

I see no reason to turn a blind eye and let him or the catholic church as a whole get away with anything!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join