It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are certain Fruits Evil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi,

Noit sure where to put this but the other night while i couldn't sleep i was having thoughts about Fruit and whether certain Fruits like Apples & Grapes (Green Ones)are actually bad for you? Yeh i know some people here will say 'you are taking crap and laughing but i'm serious.

All this Fruit we are being told to eat could be keeping Evil with us or out there in the World. Not just Apples but Plums too... take a good look at these fruits the next time you are at the supermarket or buy a load of fruit, put it into a bowl and watch it... don't eat it... soon you will see maggots coming out of the fruit... aren't they disgusting horrible looking insects? And they came out of the fruit!!

Today i had a little browse of Wiki and viewed about Adam & Eve eating from the Forbidden Tree... it was Apples they ate and it is said that this started 'the fall of man' :

The Fall of Man or simply the Fall refers in Christian doctrine to the transition of the first humans from a state of innocent obedience to God, to a state of guilty disobedience to God. In the Book of Genesis chapter 2, Adam and Eve live at first with God in a paradise, but are then deceived or tempted by the serpent to eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, which had been forbidden them by God. After doing so they become ashamed of their nakedness, and God consequently expelled them from paradise. The Fall is not mentioned by name in the Bible, but the story of disobedience and expulsion is recounted in both Testaments in different ways. The Fall can refer to the wider theological inferences for all humankind as a consequence of Eve and Adam's original sin. Examples include the teachings of Paul in Romans 5:12-19 and 1 Cor. 15:21-22.

Some Christian denominations believe the Fall corrupted the entire natural world, including human nature, causing people to be born into original sin, a state from which they cannot attain eternal life without the gracious intervention of God. Protestants hold that Jesus' death was a "ransom" by which humanity was offered freedom from the sin acquired at the Fall. In other religions, such as Judaism, Islam, and Gnosticism, the term "The Fall" is not recognized and varying interpretations of the Eden narrative are presented.

If this is the case, why are we constantly being told to eat tons of fruit? I wonder if its to keep the Evil spirits here you know like the fruit is some kind of magnet to the evil!

There is argument about which type of fruit it was:

In Western Europe, the fruit was depicted as an apple, because of a misunderstanding of, or perception of intentional dual meaning in, the Latin malus, which as an adjective means evil, but as a noun means apple. In the Vulgate, Genesis 2:17 describes the tree as "de ligno autem scientiae boni et mali/the wood, indeed, of good and evil knowledge" Genesis 2:17 ("mali" is the genitive of "malus"). The larynx in the human throat, noticeably more prominent in males, was consequently called an Adam's apple, from a notion that it was caused by the forbidden fruit sticking in Adam's throat as he swallowed, and the name has stuck. Some Slavonic texts state that the "forbidden fruit" was actually the grape, that was later changed in its nature and made into something good, much as the serpent was changed by losing its legs and speech. The Zohar (the text of Jewish Kabbalah) also claims the fruit was a grape.[2] Other Eastern Christians sometimes assume that the "forbidden fruit" was the fig, from the account of their using leaves of this tree to cover themselves (also the fig tree is the only fruit tree explicitly mentioned in the Genesis 3 context). There are also opinions that it was a tomato (however, tomatoes are native to the American continent, thus unknown in Eurasia in biblical times) because this fruit in some Slavic languages is called "rajčica" or "paradajz", (both words are related to paradise - "raj" means "paradise"). Some Rabbinic traditions regard the forbidden fruit as wheat : wheat is "khitah" in Hebrew and thus is a pun on khet, "sin" [3]. Still, many believe the quince which pre-dates apples and native to Southwest Asia was the forbidden fruit

So, what do you think?

Is it possible that great Fruit was mimicked by the Devil or Evil Aliens to grow here just like the Opium plant?

What about the tree of life & Immortality? Can we be Immortal? Are you immortal? Anyone you know Immortal?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Be the fruit man!

No sir, this is silly.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Come on... this is serious... i'd like an explanation as to why you think this is silly?

More then 2 lines please

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The so called forbidden fruit was not a actual fruit...it was a story to describe the product of...

God said eat what you want
the Lord said dont eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge or you will die

They ate it of course

They didn't die

The fruit was actually more of a science course...do not learn..just be a good slave and meander in the garden...they turned out to be crappy slaves that kept seeking out knowledge...so, the Lord abandoned this project and tossed them out with the rest of the people at the time...the eden project was abandoned.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey man, I just want you to think for a sec. Save yourself from thoughts like this and use science to prove it.
I don't buy the Adam and Eve..bs first of all, so everything you are saying based on that is silly to me.

By your logic PMS must be evil also...right?

1)My wife is a full on athiest, and does not like fruit
2)Can muster up more evil than you could ever imagine
3)She has PMS
4)PMS is evil

I'm sorry, but the concept of evil slips me also.
There are people who do bad things as far as others are concerned, but I assure you, these same people do not consider themselves "evil", or bad.

Think about that.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
There are people who do bad things as far as others are concerned, but I assure you, these same people do not consider themselves "evil", or bad.

Think about that.

Actually, there have been many accounts of people doing rather horrible things in the name of being evil...I could post tons of articles about these pseduo-satanic cults...but thats beside the point...

They are doing things for the purpose of out-eviling each other...I personally blame drugs mixed with death metal and a healthy dose of egotistical braindead functioning..but whatever...evil is evil

I do not believe people however are born evil...I also dont think there are evil people, but rather, evil actions...and if a person proudly seeks out evil actions, then they are generally a evil person (self made conscious evil).

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I once heard screaming from my fruit bowl.

"I am an Orange!!"

Turned out to be a small mandarin with a large ego.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

I don't eat much fruit either... Pineapples, Peaches, Oranges an exception (usually in cans to eat with ice-cream)... i also drink Lemon which i know is great for medicinal purposes but have you not wondered why maggots come out of a fruit which is supposedly good for you?

Apples and Pears dont have an outter protection garment which means they will go bad very quickly and produce maggots... maggots are nasty little ugly things...

I'm not religious myself but i am a spiritual person who has been enlightened.

And about your wifes PMS... its got nothing to do with Fruit!!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I do not believe people however are born evil...I also dont think there are evil people, but rather, evil actions...and if a person proudly seeks out evil actions, then they are generally a evil person (self made conscious evil).

So, you don't believe in the OP what it says about the fall of man and being born into original sin because of this eating from the tree?

I'm just wondering what would of happened had they not eaten from the tree? If indeed they did exist at all! I'm pretty sure we all didn't come from these two... in fact i'm positive because all signs are here on Earth and it would have been impossible... but getting back to bad/evil fruits!!

btw i also believe i recieve these thoughts for a reason... i have been Enlightened and seen things otherworldly and have been given a gift of hindsight.... whether you choose to believe me or not is upto you as i don't even know whether to believe myself

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
put it into a bowl and watch it... don't eat it... soon you will see maggots coming out of the fruit... aren't they disgusting horrible looking insects? And they came out of the fruit!!

i'm confused. you see maggots coming out of fruit? sorry if i'm taking this too literal, hope not though.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maggots and bugs emerge from the decaying flesh of fruits, vegetables, and meats because flies and other insects have laid they're eggs on/in them at one point.

They dont just spawn out of the ether, and into the eddible item in question.

Further, not eating your fruits and vegetables will probably make you pretty unhealthy, unless of course, your popping a lot of suppliments to fill the gap.

We are told to eat fruits and vegetables because our body has a dependance for the vital minerals, enzymes, and compounds they contain. We are a species that developed over a meliena with a symboitic relationship with our environment. The environment spawns the necessities in life we need, we ingest those necessities, eventually die, and feed back into the enviornment.

The fall of man, to me, is more of analogy than a real instance in time. It represents mans turning away from God. At least that's my belief.

Besides, if that was original sin, and Jesus died for the resolution of mans sins, wouldn't we be allowed back into the Garden?

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
To the OP. Show me where the fruit on the Tree of Knowledge was an apple in texts predating the 14th century and maybe we could debate your ummmm, theories.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

have been given a gift of hindsight....

I find that amusing...

Not the best gift now, is it...like the ability to read your own mind.

Anyhow, My view...if we never ate from the tree of knowledge, we would have created a really nice slave race...due to the whole ignorant unquestioning worker bee thing being a success...would it have been rolled out into the rest of the world? perhaps...

Time to mine for more gold or whatnot for the slavemaster lord of the land and the race of sky beings.

I think the story is a story about a rebellion personally...the fruit being the knowledge gained through the infiltration from the outside to fight back against the slavemasters.

The fruit is a symbol of freedom from ignorance...freedom from the occupation by a lord (Not God...the bible specifies two completely different entities...one being God, the other being Lord...as in My Lord..My Liege..etc). The Lord failed to keep the people in the garden ignorant.

As far as the fruit...I believe the fruit came in the form of books and scrolls...knowledge by the "snake" funnled in to free the minds and question the master of the land. The nakedness would be the ignorance...and covering up the ignorance would of course be the product of knowledge. The Lord wanted ignorant drones..Garden of Eden was a genetic slave pit.

-at least, that my sci-fi understanding of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"Evil" is not an intrinsic property. It is a value judgement placed upon an action. Fruit cannot be "evil." Someone who doesn't like fruit can decide that fruit is "evil," but the fruit doesn't care. I must admit the title of this thread made my morning, and I wondered how long the thread would last. It seems to have legs now, so S&F to see how far it can run.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So it's either eat the evil fruit or suffer from scurvy?

Tough choice man

But seriously, if god created man, earth & the heavens, then he must also have created the fruit so man had something to eat besides meat.
Because god, in his infinite wisdom, knew that a meat-only diet leads to scurvy.

The question then becomes who created scurvy?
The obvious answer would be god. Maybe he created it as an incentive for people to eat fruit?

Oh and maggots aren't insects. But if you find them so disgusting maybe it would help to think of them as part of natures recycling system

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Good morning, I found your answer. Enjoy:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" - Matthew 6:25

"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.'" - Mark 7:18-20

In short, there is no 'evil fruit'. The evil in The Beginning was going against God.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
didnt jesus say it is not what you put into your mouth thats evil it what comes out that is

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The ONLY dangerous "fruits" out there are the cult fanatics that take the Bible as literal and of divine inspiration. OP, you claim to be "enlightened" how do you come to this conclusion?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

*sigh*...
Okay, first, I'm fairly sure that the fruit mentioned in the Adam & Eve story was never fully identified.
It never says "apple" in the bible referring to whatever fruit.
Secondly, it's the bible...it's a story, nothing more.
There is no devil making evil fruit, and to say otherwise is dark ages hogwash.
Now, as far as maggots coming from the fruit...
Any fruit that has a higher fructose concentration is going to decay faster because as the fruit ripens (ripening is essentially the polysaccharides breaking down into di- and monosaccharides due to enzymatic action) the sugar levels increase, which speeds up dehydration of it's cells and they become apoptopic, releasing their innards into the interstitial spaces.
These sugars have an aromatic component which attracts flies and other little critters. The flies, usually fruit flies, lay their eggs where ever they can so that their little baby flies, in the form of maggots, have plenty to eat so that they can grow big and strong, turn into flies, and go off to have little maggots of their own.
The idea of "evil fruit" is just plain ridiculous and I can't believe you're even entertaining the idea.
Never, ever refer to the bible for scientific reasoning.
I'm actually ashamed for having even contributed to this ludicrous thread but I had to say something to stem the ridiculousness with which this conversation started.
There...end of story.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I don't eat much fruit either... Pineapples, Peaches, Oranges an exception (usually in cans to eat with ice-cream)...

That says a lot. You believe some fruits are bad for you, yet you typically eat fruit from a can.

And you think that's a safer practice to eating fresh fruit?

The entire Eden & Apple story was only that - a story, something made up by man to control people and enforce artifical beliefs. No one is "born" into sin, there is no such thing as "original sin". All created by religious morons to control people.

If others want to believe that then so be it, but it's a shame they allow themselves to be controlled in that way.

Apples and Pears dont have an outter protection garment which means they will go bad very quickly and produce maggots.

... but have you not wondered why maggots come out of a fruit which is supposedly good for you?

No, I have not because I went to school. Fruits do not produce maggots. Fruit, left out and unattended to, will go bad like most consummable products. And if there are parasites/flies about, there is a good chance they will lay eggs in the rotting fruits, hence the maggots.

This is a joke thread, right? No one is seriously this strange

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join