It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im really suffering :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hi ppl at this moment in time I am not very well for the last week i have had a cough and throat tickle that feels like its ripping through my neck , now its getting worse, i have bad ears/throat and now i cannot stop being sick,, has anyone got any ideas how to stop being sick and coughing? i rang the doctors and they said i will have to book in 2weeks if i am not better

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Into one cup of hot black tea, add ...

1 tblsp wiskey
3 tblsp honey
1 tblsp lemon juice

sip slowly.

Usually works for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Two weeks!? You could be dead by then

Plenty of rest, plenty of fluids.

Try Nightnurse or something similar and try not too eat too much, just some dry toast or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Explanation: Ginger, Garlic, Honey and Tea! Chew some sage and mint!

Also brush your teeth very well and get right back up behind the molars!

Hot showers and blow all the crud ect out of your sinuses! If you can brave it, then use alternating blasts of hot and cold [about 30secs each] a couple of times each [finish with warm water]. Note: run your hot water first until its hot and the pressure is LOW... then turn on cold water until the pressure increases and the temperature drops to an acceptable level for you so as to be able to have the longest shower possible!

Gargle a mild saline solution! Spit, Don't swallow!

Drink some apple cider vinegar [not too much! 50mls is heaps]!

Keep warm and well hydrated! Soups work a treat!

Get somebody to give your feet [yes your feet], back, neck and head a rub! [usually makes me cough so tissues and a bucket might be useful]

Massage your own throat, chest and under your collar bone often!

Keep all three types of pain medications on hand for emergencies! i.e aspirin, paracetemol and ibroprofen! [unless allergic!]

Reduce [don't go cold turkey] intake of anything like ciggarettes ect!

Vicks vapour rub on chest overnight when sleeping and as required!

Vitamin C is of course an imperative, but don't forget Vitamin B12 as it helps maintain your brains cognitive capacity!

Personal Disclosure: All the above in conjunction with each other help me face the world with my head held high whilst I feel like crawling into a dark hole and dying! I hope that helps and I hope you get well very soon!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sounds like the same thing I had.

What seemed to work for me was:

Fisherman's friend cough drops.
Buckley cough syrup.
Extra Vitamin C (morning noon and night)
And plenty of fluids.
Stay away from refined sugars they just made feel sicker.

If your ears feel like they are infected go in right away.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sounds awfull! If you are getting worse then i suggest that you keep bugging the doctors, If you ring early in the morning you could ask for an emergency appointment, I know they set a side a few of these a day but can only be got by phoning that day.

Get well soon and please keep us updated on how you are, If you feel you are really not right then please get to a hospital, You know yourself more so go on your own instinct,

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Doesn't the NHS have emergency rooms?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Yep lol but you may have to wait 4/5 hours+ to get seen,

But as i said above the Docs will have emergency appointments daily, just dont let then tell you different, Call first thing in the morning and they will fit you in.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hey guys thanks for all the replies, I feel bit better today I drank coke to stop trying to be sick and that didn't work but I tried loads of lemonade instead and that seems to have worked, still feeling green though, I aren't going to go to hospital I'll probably catch something much worse!, I think what i had may have come from my partner visiting relations in hospital already

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Go to a walk-in clinic, get some Z-Pac (or whatever other antibiotic they prescribe), and be over it in a few days....

(and look for a new Doctor!)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join