It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai Threatens To Block Nato Offensive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Afghan President Hamid Karzai Threatens To Block Nato Offensive

www.timesonline.co.uk

The president of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai, has cast doubt over Nato’s planned summer offensive against the Taliban in the southern province of Kandahar, as more than 10,000 American troops pour in for the fight.

Karzai threatened to delay or even cancel the operation — one of the biggest of the nine-year war — after being confronted in Kandahar by elders who said it would bring strife, not security, to his home province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This really is getting more interesting day by day. First I thought his statements from stepping away from US lead was just misunderstadings, or some wrongly translated statement, but those news has kept their point.

Last night I watched Newsnight from BBC and Karzais statements and position was discussed with White House. So what is happening to US puppet and in Afghanistan, and really - why now? I think Karzai is playing still US cards.

I dont believe he is doing this without strategic order given by US president personally to him. We all remember Obamas sudden visit in the country last week, so maybe US needs this "change" now.

We also van see that without airbases in Kyrgyztan its maybe impossible to run any great operations in Kandahar area at this moment, which also could harm most important reasons - drug trade and poppyfields.

But real reason what I see is that more is to come in neighbouring nation very soon... Like I have thought earlier: Are those new troops really ment to use in Afghanistan in first place, or just placed there for some very new military orders to come... I mean attack to Iran.

Attack in Helmland was a mystery. After months of misinformation from its operational goals, we did get the truth from it, and there was no city of Marjah at all - and never was! - So operation Mushtarak was just some propaganda trick, training / cleaning mission for something totally different to come... Invasion of Iran?

Karzai is a puppet and nothing will change that fact. In front of new operations - Afghanistan needs to get done now, to free all troops to use elsewhere. We suppose to think that he is in "other side" but that goal is US placed - to get fast truce in Afghanistan.

I see it like this - everything back up my most great concern and Iran will get attacked - very soon, and this operation "Karzai is a Taliban" is just helping to achieve that possibility.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sponsored by your friendly neighborHOOD Nobel Peace Prize President.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
karzai was put in as a puppet by the occupying forces, and now he knows he's losig and his enemies are gaining control, he's desperate now because as the US always does, once its used someone up, it'll sideline them or just get rid of them, so karzai is stuck in the dilema of being a worthless dog on the streets, no where to go, not to the t4liban nor to the americans

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Things seem to be unraveling for the US in the region.
Let's not forget that Karzai started out as a member of the Taliban government way back and was brought on board by UNOCAL, the pipeline consortium, to be their man on the ground in negotiations.
Now of course, having been installed by the US, he is doing whatever he needs to do to hold on to power, whether it suits the US / NATO or otherwise.
He knows, as well as anyone else, how the US would toss him aside in a blink if it suited them, so to survive politically he needs to get the backing of the people.
If that means brokering deals with the Taliban then so be it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Karzai was nominated by the tribal elders and warlords in the region as a representative. I think you would find his motives are not influenced by the US or NATO but by the people and especially the Taliban in his province...

[edit on 11/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is called trying REALLY hard to convince the Afghani's that your on their side.

When in reality your still just a NATO puppet.

Poor Karzai.

He is trying at least.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

Karzai was nominated by the tribal elders and warlords in the region as a representative. I think you would find his motives are not influenced by the US or NATO but by the people and especially the Taliban in his province...

[edit on 11/4/10 by spearhead]

I believe it it watered down drastically.

That is just my opinion though.

I think he tones it down to de-escalate the situation.

Which works into NATO's favor.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So let me get this right. Hamid Karzai suddenly decides he wants back into the Taliban, and this can be used as a thin, but apparently sufficient justification for the US pulling troops out of Afghanistan, so that they can be counted as available for the invasion of Iran? Pretty neat ace that Nobama pulled out of this sleeve. Perhaps his no-press walkabout was a secret meeting that is related to all these shenanigans?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

With your other words yes, I see its very possible goal of this. Truce in Afghanistan is needed to really threat Iran in near future - and like we have known from beginning of Afghanistan operations, truce is not possible there before first making a truce with Taliban and warlords.

What is really the problem after truce is done is drug trafficing and how China and Russia is defected from that growing business. If USA takes truce to their goals now, it means nothing is done by anyone to solve that - Heroin is a very destructive in many parts of Russia and China, and its harming their nations badly these days.

I understand that. I think in any case USA is not pulling out from Afghanistan, but making one huge base for its operations elsewhere. Thats a problem of future - maybe not inside Afghanistan and directly in USA either - but in all SCO states near by.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

To be a good puppet you have to show strength, he's regathering his people, you all have to know how tribes think, this says things are going well actually.

As he was heckled at a shura of 1,500 tribal leaders and elders, he appeared to offer them a veto over military action. “Are you happy or unhappy for the operation to be carried out?” he asked.
The elders shouted back: “We are not happy.”
“Then until the time you say you are happy, the operation will not happen,” Karzai replied.

When things are going well for to long some people look like their putting a stick in the spokes. That's their way. If I really said what I mean some would call me racist. Bugger that, work it out.

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yeah! It's a very complicated & tricky situation indeed!

Different agendas - Geopolitics - The Great Game - strange bed-partners and multiparty alliances.

I just love this photo!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a2d6c7edcd2.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice neighbourhood trilateral meeting!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/926fcaa06acb.jpg[/atsimg]

Audience with the spiritual Godfather of the neighbourhood.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39215af8a2e7.jpg[/atsimg]

*My friend! the new pipelines from the Caspian basin through our countries to the Pakistan ports & India will be so damn great! - can we paint them in rainbow colours?*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6ebc6168120.jpg[/atsimg]

Ahh! we cant forget about our friends in fast developing India - they also need the energy of Caspian gas & oil - don't they?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/226e199124a4.jpg[/atsimg]

(photos - 'Fair Use Doctrine' for educational purpose)

Then throw in one part of Chinese wealth, two big cups of Russian chess strategists and Caspian Oil in your Imperial PNAC bowl of American delusions of grandeur, and mix it together very well!

For that extra interesting flavour, let it all be seasoned and influenced by some Indian exotic spices.

Eat tons of popcorn and wait very patiently for the outcome!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
*new construction complete
*deploying
*unit ready
*unit ready
*unit ready
*war factory now available
*tesla cannon online
*deploying
*unit ready
*unit ready
*your base is under attack
*engaging.....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
*new construction complete
*deploying
*unit ready
*unit ready
*unit ready
*war factory now available
*tesla cannon online
*deploying
*unit ready
*unit ready
*your base is under attack
*engaging.....

Zerg rush!!!
Zerg rush!!!
Zerg rush!!!

Your base has been destroyed. Thank you for playing.
Thanks for that, reminding me of the times when video games were actually fun...

On to the topic at hand, wait, what? Oh yeah, leave Afghanistan to the Taliban, yeah, yeah, yeah! We were never gonna win that one.

new topics

top topics

join