It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to hack your Brain to live life longer!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It seems there is still research going into these methods and they are trying to see the psychological effects as well as long term health effects, my question to the ATS community is if anyone has every tried any of these methods.... other than the first one. (Referring to link Below)

img535.imageshack.us...

Source

Polyphasic sleep, a term coined by early 20th century psychologist J.S. Szymanski,[1] refers to the practice of sleeping multiple times in a 24-hour period—usually more than two, in contrast to biphasic sleep—and does not imply any particular sleep schedule. The circadian rhythm disorder known as irregular sleep-wake pattern is an example. The term polyphasic sleep is also used by an online community which experiments with ultra-short napping to achieve more time awake each day.

Source

-Kdial1

[edit on 11-4-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No One? Well I may try this soon and will let everyone know how I feel mentally and physically. I will update you when I begin the process.

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
An interesting field, chronobiology.

It involves circadian rhythms, not all have the same biological clock.

There are those who can afford to wake up at 5 AM with full energy and those who can't get up until at least 8~9 AM with low energy, peaking at night.

Some famous people like Newton and Da Vinci meddled with the circadian rhythm.

This is why some teenagers go bad in school grades, they are forced too early for those with nocturnal clocks and are half asleep during class.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

So there has been science to show that some people have nocturnal biological clocks?

Referring to this part of your post:

This is why some teenagers go bad in school grades, they are forced too early for those with nocturnal clocks and are half asleep during class.

-Kdial1

top topics

join